Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Some weather related disruption at London City [23 February 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Our BA flight LCY-GVA this afternoon transferred to LHR-ZRH and then what. Still to be informed
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:52 am

Well you'll want to keep a close eye on the LHR departure to check that remains scheduled.

If you're anywhere near London right now you'll know the winds are pretty crazy at the moment - disruption at both LHR and LCY inevitable in these circumstances.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I was flying from ZRH to LCY this morning and it was extremely windy and bumpy. The pE190 from BA managed to land at LCY after some time.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Trains are also disrupted. Especially to LGW. Not sure about the ones to LHR>
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:08 am

Just watched 3 flights in a row go around at pretty low altitude at LCY.

Edit: for balance 2 CJ 190s just landed in quick succession.

Last edited by Kgmm77; Feb 23, 2017 at 7:16 am
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was due out of LCY on WX this morning and were cancelled, I think because the couldn't ferry the a/c in from Southend? Another WX went around three times before diverting...
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by tuff
Trains disrupted to LGW is pretty much normal service anyway
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: I don't fly enough
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Just watched 3 flights in a row go around at pretty low altitude at LCY.
But they're probably not having as bad a time as this Thomson flight from Goa... about 6 holding patterns, then a go-around at MAN, now I guess they're off to LGW?
Attached Images  
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tuff
I went via Charing Cross and London Bridge, and a 40 minute trip today took 90 minutes. Arriving into GTW, Victoria services look so badly disrupted - with one hour plus delays - that it's more a case of catching previous services rather than whatever was in the timetable.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:24 am

currently in the Sofitel at Heathrow following the cancellation of the 8706...sods law, picked that flight because expected there to be delays so didn't want to book a late one...flight cancelled and the later 5 flights all scheduled to go (3 with delays) but all were fully booked. (in hindsight should have gone for the refund option and booked flymaybe at 17:15 but expected them to cancel too...they didn't)
Automatic rebooking was for 19:10 departure tomorrow so went with the Heathrow option
now to start rescheduling tomorrows meetings!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm currently in the Privium lounge at AMS after my EasyJet flight to MAN was cancelled (lots of cancellations from AMS). I've been here since 13:45, as I had a conference call (flight wasn't until 21:15). Nothing available on EasyJet to Manchester until Sunday (!!!), so I cancelled and booked Jet2 tomorrow to Leeds. Nothing available on KLM or FlyBE either.

Now, to get this back to BA... EasyJet sent me a text/email as soon as the flight was cancelled. This had a rebooking/cancel option. It also had a "reserve free hotel" option. Easyjet can do this, why can't BA?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC silver
A Flybe plane has "crash" landed at AMS, appears the undercarriage collapsed on landing
Old Feb 23, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Swampz64
A Flybe plane has "crash" landed at AMS, appears the undercarriage collapsed on landing
Everyone is fine...

Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I went via Charing Cross and London Bridge, and a 40 minute trip today took 90 minutes. Arriving into GTW, Victoria services look so badly disrupted - with one hour plus delays - that it's more a case of catching previous services rather than whatever was in the timetable.
The only train going south from London Bridge was going to West Croydon. From there went to East Croydon and was lucky to get on a train. Annoyed that a Half empty Gatwick Express stopped at my platform but didn't let anyone on. You would expect a bit of common sense on days like today. Sorry I missed you in the lounge which is quite busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.