Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How long for customer care to respond via email?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K

How long does it typically take customer care to respond via email?

My flight in mid January was delayed by several hours in Cancun and I submitted feedback to Alaska Listens that while the flight attendants were amazing in dealing with the delay, the ground staff not so much. I received an email informing me that I'd receive a $100 credit. I didn't ask for this but it's nice that this gesture was offered.

However, I never received the credit/coupon and I followed up with AS via email 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Is this how long it typically takes them to respond?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
i've had them silently take care of my problems - at least for retroactive mileage credit. Perhaps, you could check your My Wallet balance or Discount codes online. I'd try reaching out to them over the phone or via Twitter for a faster response time.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
They seem to have a backlog right now for email responses... I've been waiting just over 8 days now for a response from customer service.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
My last email to them in late January took around 24 days to get a reply so they're definitely backlogged.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
My last email to them in late January took around 24 days to get a reply so they're definitely backlogged.
That matches what I was told by an agent when I called about a separate inquiry. This agent apologized for the delay and attributed it to a growing backlog due to the merger.

Last edited by wylek; Feb 22, 2017 at 6:58 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wylek
That matches what I was told by an agent when I called about a separate inquiry. This agent apologized for the delay and attributed it to a growing backlog due to the merger.
Hmmm....maybe if they would have offered AS elites matching elite benefits on VX flights, the backlog wouldn't have been so bad....with all the excitement about the merger (maple bacon bars, promos about the expanded route network, "different works" campaign, etc.) one would have thought there would have been fewer complaints, not more....I submitted a complaint to Mileage Plan about the lack of elite benefits on VX weeks ago and never heard back.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

With the backlog caused by the weather, 7-10 days seems to be the norm.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:56 pm

I have had four flight cancelations or significant delays so far this year, causing unscheduled overnights or travel disruptions, all apparently attributable to a shortage of staff/equipment or operational issues within their control. AS sent proactive computer email apologies, and said "We will be emailing you a $___ discount off of future Alaska Airlines travel in the next few days."

A few days have turned into a few weeks, and so far I've had no further communication. In discussions with a couple of phone agents, they've described how they are completely inundated with rebookings, service recoveries, mileage credit requests, elite status qualification issues, upgrade processing issues etc. It's a mess.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It seems at least to be a month long backlog.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mroseman13
I wouldn't speculate on the feelings of all Alaska employees nor their company as a whole. They've all been pleasant to me when receiving my feedback.
Yup. I don't think their catering departments cares about my complaints regarding the "Mexican Seasonal Fruits" though.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Yup. I don't think their catering departments cares about my complaints regarding the "Mexican Seasonal Fruits" though.
I said nothing about protecting their catering department ....i mean...that airline food!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I contacted Alaska Listens on 2/14 about an issue, they responded on 2/24. Didnt think that was bad at all.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I contacted Alaska Listens on 2/14 about an issue, they responded on 2/24. Didnt think that was bad at all.
I got a response today as well (although it was a form response and did not address any my service complaints). They must be churning out responses to round out the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.