Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Calling all TLV flyers - summer F redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, LY Matmid, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, CX Marco Polo

As the thread title says....

I was just browsing and if the Reward Flights Map has got it right (clearly that's a big IF based on past experience), there is a ton of First redemption availability to and from TLV in July and August

Attached a screenshot (I think - if it worked!)

I even tried dialling the number of pax in the search up to 8 people and it still returned 10 or so dates in August each way!

[EDIT] - I just checked by making a dummy booking and it is real - at least 4 per flight on many days across August [EDIT]

In case anyone is planning their summer holidays or business travel - worth a look!

Don't forget this is real First on a 777 - a good chance to do a short hop in a nicer seat!

Cheers

A406toHeathrow
Attached Images  

Last edited by A406toHeathrow; Feb 22, 2017 at 9:26 am Reason: Clarification that the availability is real!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Worth mentioning that TLV in August, is hot. Not 'comfortable hot', but 'you can't be outside for more than a few hours hot' (technical meteorological term).

M
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Worth mentioning that TLV in August, is hot. Not 'comfortable hot', but 'you can't be outside for more than a few hours hot' (technical meteorological term).

M
Actually, I know many Brits who love nothing more than the superb Tel Aviv beach in August! Summer is also party time out there (even more than the rest of the year), so in fact, the main issue to me is that the place is packed and thus accommodation will be expensive.

I am personally not a big fan of humid heat but you adapt by enjoying the great mornings and evenings and staying indoors between 11 and 3 or so. Inland including Jerusalem have dry heat and having been there last August it was actually remarkably tolerable: warm but dry and breezy, and much more pleasant than a hot day in London! Last but not least, the Dead Sea also gets very hot in August, but apart from being amazingly beautiful, it is the one place on earth where you are guaranteed never to be sunburnt even in the middle of summer!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Actually, I know many Brits who love nothing more than the superb Tel Aviv beach in August! Summer is also party time out there (even more than the rest of the year), so in fact, the main issue to me is that the place is packed and thus accommodation will be expensive.

I am personally not a big fan of humid heat but you adapt by enjoying the great mornings and evenings and staying indoors between 11 and 3 or so. Inland including Jerusalem have dry heat and having been there last August it was actually remarkably tolerable: warm but dry and breezy, and much more pleasant than a hot day in London! Last but not least, the Dead Sea also gets very hot in August, but apart from being amazingly beautiful, it is the one place on earth where you are guaranteed never to be sunburnt even in the middle of summer!
I burn very easily so will not take up your guarantee
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I burn very easily so will not take up your guarantee
It's scientifically true though: it is the lowest place on earth, and as a result, UVs at that negative altitude are too weak to burn you.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, LY Matmid, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, CX Marco Polo
It's scientifically true though: it is the lowest place on earth, and as a result, UVs at that negative altitude are too weak to burn you.
Hmmm scientifically proven you say?
This sounds like music to the ears of my lily-white skin

What do you think is prompting such a release of reward seats in the middle of summer? I get that there is less business traffic but surely there are loads of Avios-rich people who would have been going to Israel on their hols anyway - I'm surprised the loads aren't high enough during these months to make them limit the reward availability...

Not complaining though!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:21 am

My next TLV return is out on ZB and back on U2. No First class there, but LTN is convenient...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Agree the bit in black. It is all a matter of degree. I will not try and use empirical evidence to counter your view.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
Whilst perhaps scientifically true...unfortunately my own experience of this phenomenon was a very painful one a couple of years ago
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by A406toHeathrow
As the thread title says....

I was just browsing and if the Reward Flights Map has got it right (clearly that's a big IF based on past experience), there is a ton of First redemption availability to and from TLV in July and August

Attached a screenshot (I think - if it worked!)

I even tried dialling the number of pax in the search up to 8 people and it still returned 10 or so dates in August each way!

[EDIT] - I just checked by making a dummy booking and it is real - at least 4 per flight on many days across August [EDIT]

In case anyone is planning their summer holidays or business travel - worth a look!

Don't forget this is real First on a 777 - a good chance to do a short hop in a nicer seat!

Cheers

A406toHeathrow
Thanks for this - May well book something....

Availability has been poor to TLV recently... luckily I picked up flights during the easter holidays last week - only one seat in economy in both directions but was a considerable saving using avios than paying cash.. EasyJet/Monarch were around £700!! ElAL and BA closer to £800..!!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by lev441
Availability has been poor to TLV recently... luckily I picked up flights during the easter holidays last week - only one seat in economy in both directions but was a considerable saving using avios than paying cash.. EasyJet/Monarch were around £700!! ElAL and BA closer to £800..!!
Well, that's not quite because of Easter...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Well, that's not quite because of Easter...
Well yes, moreso passover.. However i've never seen the prices *that* high for the same time of year.. A couple of years ago I booked a flight that was just under £600 and I thought that was almost daylight robbery..
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by lev441
Well yes, moreso passover.. However i've never seen the prices *that* high for the same time of year.. A couple of years ago I booked a flight that was just under £600 and I thought that was almost daylight robbery..
It's probably because Easter AND Passover are falling at the same time. That is a heck of a lot of people wanting to go to the Holy Land at the exact same time.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
The flights on the dates that I' am looking at in July appear to be a 787 rather than 777

Also note, AY is offering J LHR via HEL for £1100 (can get the A350 to HEL) for 440 TPs (not the best value for a TP run, but if your looking to travel there, an option).

Also worth noting you need 6 months validity on your passport.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
But note that AY is an A320 from HEL to TLV, overnight on the way back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.