Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just achieved bronze, but still have to pay for seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

I have just turned bronze (today) and am returning on BOS - LHR in WT+ on Thursday (BA212)
I have just had a look to see if I can select my seat (as a bronze benefit), but it is asking for money to do so. My ticket is on selling class T. Is that the reason, or have BA's systems not updated yet?

Many thanks
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's probably due to your ticket still showing you as Blue, and that may persist for a bit. Just call up.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
I fear you need to try harder and get to silver to select your seat for free (at the time of booking). As a Bronze you can select your seat 7 days before the flight.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:37 am
Original Poster

quakered I fear you need to try harder and get to silver to select your seat for free (at the time of booking). As a Bronze you can select your seat 7 days before the flight.
I'm trying! but I should be able to select now being more that 24 hours before my flight?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by KalEL
I'm trying! but I should be able to select now being more that 24 hours before my flight?
it generally takes a day or 2 after your status has been upgraded for it to be reflected on bookings, but as per c-w-s advice, and not to lose the seat you want, just call and they will give you the seat you want
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: BA EC
the trick is
1) Remove your BAEC number from the booking, save it
2) Logout the booking
3) Enter MMB and locate your booking
4) Enter your BAEC number and save it
5) You are select seats for free

This is applicable to all booking you made before being a bronze member
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:26 am

If you still have problems call up.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Removing and re-entering the BAEC number works. If it doesn't work when you do it on the BA site, try it on the Finnair site. Then call.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:58 am
Original Poster

That worked a treat. Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.