Qantas and BAEC Earning

Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BAEC Silver, M&M FTL
Qantas and BAEC Earning

Hi all,

Jist flown back QF from Dubai. I was originally booked in Premium Economy, but upgraded to business using their bid for upgrade tool.
Anyway, had a quick look on the BA Avios calculator and couldn't find the earning rates for U Class. This is what MyFlights shows as my fare code.
Will I earn the Avios and TPs for a PE fare, or full a business ticket? Thanks.
As a side note, wasn't that impressed with QF. Would take Club World over their product any day.

Cheers for all the help and sorry to bring up Qantas and Dubai again!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:53 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
QF Promotional/discount upgrades do not earn further avios/TPs, you will earn as per the underlying ticket. U is a business award fare class.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
The QF A380 J product isn't very nice (IMO), but having had my second flight in the seat on the A330 a couple of days ago (same one they'll put on the 789 for the direct flights to Oz), it's probably my favourite long haul J now

EDIT: Sorry, meant to quote OP
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
QF Promotional/discount upgrades do not earn further avios/TPs, you will earn as per the underlying ticket. U is a business award fare class.
Ah bummer, oh well you get what you pay for! Cheers
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
The QF A380 J product isn't very nice (IMO), but having had my second flight in the seat on the A330 a couple of days ago (same one they'll put on the 789 for the direct flights to Oz), it's probably my favourite long haul J now

EDIT: Sorry, meant to quote OP
Granted, the A330 product looks great. But it was the service and crew I was least impressed with. I knew about the pretty shoddy seat, but expected more than that from the soft product.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
The QF380 J is a very mixed product - some bits excellent, but my return LHR-DXB recently was very average - the seats were pretty naff, and the food service mixed and I found that the stewards served person next to me, then walked on without asking me for service on 2nd meal.

Its okay and can be quite cheap (e.g. I did BAH-LHR via DXB return on QF and EK for 1500 vice 3500 direct with BA) and got TPs for it, but wouldnt rush to do it again. Next time I'm trying QR.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: QF Platinum
I think that the LHR based crew (who just do LHR-DXB-LHR) aren't quite as good as the Australian based crew - who I find to be on the whole excellent (yes, you get the odd grump - but the overwhelming majority of them are really good).

I agree with darthlemsip - the QF A330 J class is also my favourite in the sky.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Quick update to this if anyone's interested - Avios and TPs have posted as a business fare with the class bonus and all, which is interesting. Not sure whether they'll be readjusted manually or something but I guess we'll wait and see.

With regards to the product, looks like I might have to get myself to Oz to try the A333
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Excellent! When you look at the transaction details what is the class denoted in the brackets? eg "(J/U)"
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Excellent! When you look at the transaction details what is the class denoted in the brackets? eg "(J/U)"
Transaction details show (J/J) so no mention of the U class fare I was supposedly actually on!
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by luftaom
I think that the LHR based crew (who just do LHR-DXB-LHR) aren't quite as good as the Australian based crew - who I find to be on the whole excellent (yes, you get the odd grump - but the overwhelming majority of them are really good).
Personally I always felt the opposite but I guess there are good crew and not so good crew with any airline.

I hate QF J on A380 enough not to pay cash to fly them at all (I am a slope hater).

I like their A330 seats though.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:41 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Interestingly I had a QF upgrade using QF points but credited to BA. It was processed 24 hours before departure and ended up being credited to BA as J also. I never checked what the booking class on the upgraded ticket was though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.