Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Boeing 777-300ER Services Open for Sale this Weekend (December 9, 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: findark
CHICAGO, Dec. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines will add the Boeing 777-300ER to its 2017 flight schedules this weekend, with the airline's newest aircraft type featuring the all-new United Polaris business class seats starting regularly scheduled service in February 2017.
The aircraft's entry into service will also mark the debut of United's new

With the flight schedule update this weekend, United will offer one round trip six days each week between Newark Liberty International Airport and San Francisco International Airport between Feb. 16 and May 4. The airline expects to begin 777-300ER intercontinental service between San Francisco and Hong Kong on March 25, with the aircraft replacing a Boeing 747-400 currently being used on the route. Flight and aircraft schedules are subject to change.

United expects to place into service all 14 aircraft in its 777-300ER order in 2017
Additionally, per UA Insider:

Originally Posted by UA Insider
We will take to delivery of our first Boeing 777-300ER aircraft in late December. After we perform necessary preparations to the aircraft after delivery, we’ll be flying the aircraft on some domestic hub-to-hub routes on an unscheduled basis until we begin scheduled service on February 16, 2017. Additional routes will be announced at a later date.
The official 777-300ER seatmap is now live on united.com.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
First Polaris 77W routes announced (SFO-EWR, SFO-HKG)

Didn't see this elsewhere:

http://travelskills.com/2016/12/09/u...-class-routes/

The first scheduled service of a Polaris-equipped 777-300ER will be on a domestic route, linking United’s San Francisco and Newark Liberty International hubs. The aircraft will operate one flight six days a week from February 16 through May 3, the airline said.

On March 25, the new aircraft will make its international scheduled service debut, replacing a 747-400 on the very competitive San Francisco-Hong Kong route, where Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific both offer non-stop service.
The seat map is also now posted on UAL.com, though it's nothing all that surprising: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: UA GS
Hmmm, very interesting. I wonder where they got this information from? Is it safe to book that flight if one is hoping to get on the inaugural 77W international flight?

This goes against what was previously mentioned as the first route (EWR-LHR)...?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
^^

Now just need to find out which EWR - SFO flight it'll be on.

Seems like to maximize the Polaris experience people will need to go XXX - ORD - SFO - HKG until other Polaris lounges open up.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:13 am

The seatmap is up!

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
Hmmm, very interesting. I wonder where they got this information from? Is it safe to book that flight if one is hoping to get on the inaugural 77W international flight?

This goes against what was previously mentioned as the first route (EWR-LHR)...?
Although it is currently still listed as the 747, I will note that they are selling Polaris first seats on March 24 on that route, but on March 25 and on subsequent days they are selling only business.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Expectations that it will replace the 8:30a eastbound 772 versus an additional 777 frequency? I assume it'll load in the GDS with this weekend's changes.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Expectations that it will replace the 8:30a eastbound 772 versus an additional 777 frequency? I assume it'll load in the GDS with this weekend's changes.
They already have F zeroed out on the March 25th flight.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Exclamation

One of my Japanese contacts flew to Guam on a United flight. He had Polaris Business Class (or was it First Class?) on his flight. He seemed to like it a lot.

I saw from his pictures that there is a very cute Polaris white fluffy teddy bear coming with the new product launch. I don't think it will be around for long. I think it's just for the product launch.

I don't usually ask for things but I would love having a Polaris teddy bear coming my way if some of you ever come up with an extra. PM box available.

Enjoy your Polaris experience!

http://view.ceros.com/united/polaris...ess-class/p/1#

Last edited by CDG1; Dec 9, 2016 at 11:32 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1k
Gonna miss the 18" width in Y on the 777-2, when I can't get upgraded on this route no matter what I try.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:30 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce that we’ll be adding our Boeing 777-300ER to our flight schedules this weekend (although some of you were too fast and beat us to the punch!). As many of you know, this is the first of 14 777-300ER aircraft we’ll be taking delivery of which will include the all-new direct-aisle-access United Polaris business class seats, as well as a brand new cabin design.

With the flight schedule update this weekend, we will offer one round trip six days each week between Newark Liberty International Airport and San Francisco International Airport between February 16 and May 4. We plan to begin daily 777-300ER intercontinental service between San Francisco and Hong Kong on March 25 (westbound), with the aircraft replacing a Boeing 747-400 on the route.

We will take to delivery of our first Boeing 777-300ER aircraft in late December. After we perform necessary preparations to the aircraft after delivery, we’ll be flying the aircraft on some domestic hub-to-hub routes on an unscheduled basis until we begin scheduled service on February 16, 2017. Additional routes will be announced at a later date.

For more information, please see the full press release. To view the updated seat map, visit united.com. Effective December 10, 2016, you will be able to view the seat map for this new aircraft when making bookings or managing existing reservations.

Thank you and happy flying,

-UA Insider
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
They already have F zeroed out on the March 25th flight.
I was speaking to the EWR-SFO flights. They don't sell F on those.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by sbm12
Wouldn't doubt it. The existing 777 frequency is currently a three-cabin A-market 772, and that configuration will be gone by January or early February at the latest when the last ship goes to mod. The A-market ships are currently doing the SFO-EWR-CDG/FRA circuit, and in early January, EWR-CDG loses the 772 (goes to 763) and EWR-FRA appears to have an ER seat map (possibly fed by the new afternoon 777 frequency ORD-EWR... not enough time to turn to SFO). Meanwhile, the EWR-SFO 777 has a 77A seat map as long as it remains in the schedule. Seat maps don't mean a whole lot, but the fact that only EWR-SFO retains that configuration at present makes it seem ripe for replacement.

United will have 3 77Ws on property during January, with more coming at a rapid pace, so I'm expecting some swaps on current WB hub-hub frequencies before this 'official' launch.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:39 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So is Feb 16th the inaugural? I'm assuming the first flight is EWR-SFO, or is it SFO-EWR?

EDIT: Nevermind read that it will be on random routes before Feb 16th
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
But you did beat United tweet.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
http://newsroom.united.com/2016-12-0...even-th-Heaven

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.