Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dollars2Donuts
Vancouver AC FT Do

Location The Distillery, 1131 Mainland St, Vancouver - Patio (confirmed)
Date June 18th
Boarding Time 17:30 (or earlier)

Reminder: BPs and Photo ID required, this Do boards by zone number, we will be starting with zone 1, followed by 2,3,4 and 5. Please wait until your zone is called.

Hotels - indicate which hotel you're planning to stay at if from out of town:
Herpayvr - Back seat of my car rental - will park by second beach - Stanley Park for water & Showers

Cuttoff for party gifts have passed but feel free to add yourself to the list and attend!

Confirmed Pax:
canadiancow (m-L)
canuckonfire (m-2XL)
dudestir (m-2XL)
cooleddie - flying in from YYC - (m-2XL)
nomadic.relief (none, but thank you!)
DrunkCargo (m-2X) +1 (f-M)
aviationp (m-2XL)
dollars2donuts Men's- XL - last minute emergency....my wife's uncle has passed away. I am so sorry, Dorian I will PM you. D2D
traacs (m-m) +1 (f-M)
philelite (m-S)
Dorian (m-L)
Sean Peever & +1 (M-L) (F-L)
YEG2MM (M-L)
adam.smith (M-2XL)
jaysona (M-L)
Herpayvr Mens 2XL
BlueMilk + 1
keitherson
Argonaut1000

Waitlisted
maradori
YVRorange - (LAX on June 18th)
krayZpaving (can't do 18th but maybe other dates in June)
RCyyz (but only if the nuts are warmed)
tomvancouver - can't do the 18th but could the week B4 or after! Maybe next time
msNJV
24left
Sunnyzip

Voluntold

IDB
YOWgary - exceeded YVR duty time in previous 30 days
Sparseflyer - only here to collect IDB (thanks in advance)
NordsFan - family event same day in YQB
CanadianMike - moving to YLW

VDB
yyznomad

Warm nuts not guaranteed.
Print Wikipost

YVR Do.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 8:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
YVR Do.

May is going to be a blood bath for me, but is there any interest for a YVR Do for the month of June?

I haven't figured out ANYTHING yet at this point and I'm usually more prepared. I'm wondering where people's heads are on this.

I literally need to be on a plane again so I thought I'd host a Do in June. A fellow FTer got me excited to host a Do again.

Does this interest anyone? If so, I'll monitor the thread and figure it out tomorrow.

Early June? Mid June?

Last edited by superangrypenguin; May 1, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
....A fellow FTer got me excited to host a Do again......
Do I want to know the details of this excitement ?
Old May 1, 2016, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes. Saturday.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Do I want to know the details of this excitement ?
Someone convinced me to host one, I'll leave it at that

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes. Saturday.
That's fine! June 4, 11 or 18?

A caveat. I really need to burn eups on this flight. So Friday/Sat night to YVR and back on Sunday?
Old May 1, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Dang it. As soon as I move away...

Really can't justify a transcon flight just for a DO. I'll see if I can find a legitimate reason to be in town, but considering I'm there for most of May, this is unlikely.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
If it's a weekend, there's a decent chance I can make it.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm in on the idea... As always depends on which day and if any RCHHMP are attending.

Last edited by yyznomad; May 1, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
So Friday/Sat night to YVR and back on Sunday?
I need the miles. That sked might work for me depending on how life unfolds over the next few days. If I come I'll likely stay at the Westin Grand, though I could be tempted to try the Westin Bayshore since I've never actually stayed there.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:48 pm

Do newbie here but as RCyyz mentioned, I need the miles as well and don't mind visiting YVR again.

Would love to get another newbie (or someone else's first time Do) feedback/review on attending their first Do.

I gotta be honest, even while going through most of the threads, I feel out of place and always have another tab open to look up the acronyms, not to mention, I don't have any status yet, and don't fly as much as you guys do (I'm getting there though), so can't really share a lot of stories either.

Would a printed acronym list put me at ease?

On a side note, June 4 or 18th would work better; going to Montreal Grand Prix on the 10-12 weekend. I'll keep an eye on this thread, if the schedule works, I'd love to attend, if not, maybe another one.
Old May 1, 2016, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by hsandhar
Do newbie here but as RCyyz mentioned, I need the miles as well and don't mind visiting YVR again.

Would love to get another newbie (or someone else's first time Do) feedback/review on attending their first Do.

I gotta be honest, even while going through most of the threads, I feel out of place and always have another tab open to look up the acronyms, not to mention, I don't have any status yet, and don't fly as much as you guys do (I'm getting there though), so can't really share a lot of stories either.

Would a printed acronym list put me at ease?

On a side note, June 4 or 18th would work better; going to Montreal Grand Prix on the 10-12 weekend. I'll keep an eye on this thread, if the schedule works, I'd love to attend, if not, maybe another one.
You're always welcome to DOs. Don't feel intimidated by any of us. We're all really a bunch of clowns from different solar systems (if it wasn't obvious enough here)
Old May 1, 2016, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Would a printed acronym list put me at ease? ....

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You're always welcome to DOs. Don't feel intimidated by any of us. We're all really a bunch of clowns from different solar systems (if it wasn't obvious enough here)

@hsandhar

yyznomad is absolutely right. We're all pretty harmless. Sure, some occasional skirmishes in the hallway, a number of the members have been sent to the principal's office, but really, I'd like to think we're a pretty friendly and helpful bunch.

Also, While not freshly minted, I consider myself to be new to this, perhaps only because I walk among legends here.

As for Do's, well, if we ever meet, I'll tell you what it was like March of 2015 at the first AC FT Do I attended in YVR.

In the meantime, a few thread about the various major, minor, mini, micro and nano dos are floating about on the forum.

Remember, everyone is welcome and make sure you have protective gear.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
As for Do's, well, if we ever meet, I'll tell you what it was like March of 2015 at the first AC FT Do I attended in YVR.
That was your first DO too?

Originally Posted by RCyyz
I need the miles. That sked might work for me depending on how life unfolds over the next few days. If I come I'll likely stay at the Westin Grand, though I could be tempted to try the Westin Bayshore since I've never actually stayed there.
Skip the Bayshore, you're not missing a thing.

I find DOs are always just slightly awkward for the first half-hour or so while everyone tries to connect real-life names to screen handles, but by the end of the first drink everyone generally gets along like a house on fire.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YOWgary
That was your first DO too?

Which is why i started this particular thread back in March http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...reat-year.html

On March 22, 2015, I attended my first AC FT Do, at the Fairmont YVR http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ini-do-14.html

As I've posted before, AC FTers are an awesome group, a unique collection of personalities, brilliance and talent.

To those of you I met that day and others I've met here on the forum, thanks for welcoming me, for teaching me, and for reminding me it's ok to laugh when non FFs and non-FTers ask "What do you mean you're flying again tomorrow...you just flew yesterday?"

(is it Do season yet?)
Old May 1, 2016, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess the only request I have is that the venue not have blaring music as we are all trying to talk to each other.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: AC S100K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Would be interested either 11 or 18 or June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.