Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Free 500 Starwood Bonus Points on Registration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2003, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, Starwood, Choices

http://www.fourpointsnorwood.com/starwood_form.cfm

Found it on Gary's Free Frequent Flyer Miles website.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:45 am

Thanks for posting this.
Where is Norwood?
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Thanks, I just signed up. I guess now I'm an official "Meeting Planner".

Norwood is in MA.

I doubt its targeted, but I bet they never realized they'd get many people that just want 500 points.

And the phone number and fax are optional, just the email is required.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Great find. Thx!

Its not targeted as it is displayed right on their main page.

[edited to add more info]

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited Dec 20, 2003).]
Old Dec 20, 2003, 12:41 pm
Suspended

I found that about a week ago and signed up. Email saying I'll be contacted by an agent to set up a meeting at their property. Well I want the 500, not the email. How long for it to post? 6 months?
Old Dec 29, 2003, 2:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
How long for it to post? 6 months?</font>
I asked the hotel, and got this response:

"Your points will be awarded by mid January...thanks for visiting our site!"

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited Jan 17, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 9:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Russ21Atl:
I asked the hotel, and got this response:

"Your points will be awarded by mid January...thanks for visiting our site!"
</font>
They posted today:
01/20/2004 COURTESY STARPOINTS +500

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited Jan 20, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Its says you get 500 points WHEN you schedule a meeting at that hotel.
Old Jan 20, 2004, 10:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sunny Day:
Its says you get 500 points WHEN you schedule a meeting at that hotel. </font>
It didn't back in Dec 2003 when I registered. Good ole FT has ways of making companies change their wording on promos sometimes.

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited Jan 20, 2004).]
Old Jan 20, 2004, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Glad someone got the points! I didn't. And my email went unanswered. Odd thing too is that I'm actually qualified for their offer. (I'm someone that they'd reasonably WANT to target for this.)
Old Jan 20, 2004, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I filled it out, but I unchecked the box about wanting more information. Let's see what happens
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I received this response to an email query from the Director of Sales & Marketing for the Four Points Norwood.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Our IT Dept. traced back to Flyer Talk Miles website and forwarded to me the forum conversations. Our offer, by the way, that has been posted for
over a year, did get some quality leads up until this posting. Our intent was obviously to reach legitimate meeting planners and not just anyone looking for something for nothing.</font>
Ironically, I likely am just the kind of lead that they're looking for. Didn't mention Flyertalk, just queried whether they would be providing points for the registration.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
So did they say if they are going to post the pts..

Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
So did they say if they are going to post the pts..

</font>
I asked them that and was told no.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gleff:
I asked them that and was told no.</font>
Yet another company that is not honoring its offers. It really has gotten ridiculous lately. If I don't receive the points, I will be moving the 4 Points Norwood to my "do not do business with" list.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It gets better.

When I was told no points, I wrote back simply
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I'm disappointed that you are not living up to the offer that was publicly posted on your website. </font>
End of story. Then I got back the following reply:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Maybe you should seek some grief counseling to help you with your
disappointment.</font>
Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Maybe its time we Make a Thread titled

4PTS Norwood - STAY AWAYYYYYYY

just like the LV westin

a little more bad publicity would be just what they deserve.. this thread is bad publicity but unfortunately the title doesn't identify the property and people might miss the thread

but I'll join the list of people boycotting this property...

Edited to add: I didn't get an email from the hotel.. did anyone else?

[This message has been edited by TrojanHorse (edited Jan 21, 2004).]
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not expressing an opinion about a boycott.

They offered points for signing up on their website. I signed up on their website. I'm actually the kind of person they were looking for to do so, but leave that aside. There weren't any terms & conditions on the offer. They promised 500 points.

They chose not to award the promised points. I understand why they're doing that, although I'm of mixed emotions about it.

I told them it disappointed me. I was civil and never made demands. Then I got the bizarre response that really had me shaking my head, from the hotel's Director of Sales & Marketing
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Maybe you should seek some grief counseling to help you with your disappointment.</font>
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:44 pm
Suspended

This was Norwood, Massachusetts 4PNTS, correct? I signed up and received nothing. How about we show some grief management by showing up there with a dozen eggs?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
This was Norwood, Massachusetts 4PNTS, correct? I signed up and received nothing. How about we show some grief management by showing up there with a dozen eggs?</font>
I don't recommend that.

Also, for what it's worth I never meant to cause the Four Points Norwood to have this influx.

Though the original poster says they found it on my website, that itself was a glitch.

I came across the offer, typed it on my website, and then took it down immediately. I had qualms about broadcasting it, and I never posted it on Flyertalk.

My website has a neat little feature that emails all of the day's contents out to anyone that signs up to receive it. What I didn't realize is that it emails out even inactive content. So a list of about 300 people got the email, and one of those posted it on Flyertalk.

So it was inadvertantly spread broadly.

Although I don't know if it was actually my fault, as I also came to find that the offer was posted on FatWallet.com before I mentioned it on my site (and immediately took it down).

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited Jan 21, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.