Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Concorde Room lounge menu

See below for details of the distinction between dining and lounge menus but in summary the menus in Concorde Dining are the dining menus, the rest of the Room has the lounge menu, but you can order what you like from either menu.

Breakfast Dining Menu

Fresh croissants and Danish
Toast, bagels, muffins and brioche
Breads and pastries
- served with British jams, preserves and honey

Cereals, Muesli and Granola
- Branflakes
- Kellogg's Cornflakes
- Dorset Cererals Muesli
- Tropical Crunch

Traditional Porridge
Made with gently simmered Scottish Porridge oats and served with British honey, cinammon, sultanas and brown sugar.

Yoghurts
Please ask your host for our selection.

Fresh fruit and fruit juices

Cooked English Breakfast

Fried or poached egg
Scrambled eggs
Grilled British back bacon
Pork sausages
Black pudding
Tomatoes, baked beans, and hash browns
Mushrooms

[Select items to choice]

Other cooked breakfast items

Boiled egg and soldiers
- Soft boiled egg with toasted soldiers

Grilled Scottish Kipper

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Eggs Benedict
English muffin topped with poached egg and ham, finished with Hollandaise sauce

Not on the menu but they will do them:
Omelette
- freshly made omelette served either plain or filled - Ham, Cheddar cheese or mushrooms.

Please note all our eggs are free range.

Beverages

Traditional and speciality teas
Freshly ground bean to cup coffee
Hot chocolate
Lounge Breakfast menu - see below for the distinction between Lounge and Dining menus

- A selection of morning pastries
Freshly baked pain aux raisins, pain au chocolat and muffins

- A selection of cereals and muesli (see above)

- Granola
Topped with soft fruit and honey

- Traditional porridge oats
Offered with raisins, honey and maple syrup

- Fresh fruit salad
Selection of fresh fruits and soft berries

- Yoghurts
Fruit yoghurt or Greek yoghurt

- Breakfast sandwich
Buttered farmhouse bread, toast, or soft roll with a choice of fillings: grilled British back bacon, Old English Pork sausage or fried free range egg; served with hash brown potatoes.

-Smoked salmon and scrambled egg
Severn and Wye smoked salmon, served with free range scrambled egg.

Rest of the day - Concorde Dining offer - Menu

Starters

- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Somerset dry cured duck breast
with celeriac rémoulade, pear chutney and crisp.

- Wild mushroom on toasted sourdough
with artichoke purée and truffle oil.

Main courses

- Pavé of venison wrapped in smoked pancetta
with wilted spinach, carrot purée, orange and horseradish dumpling and red wine jus.

- Lemon sole stuff with brown shrimp mousse
with herb potato purée and saffron.

- Pumpkin ravioloni
with curly kale pesto, dried cranberries and candied walnuts.

- Superfood salad
with soft boiled duck egg and cavolo nero.

Desserts

- Chocolate marquise
with textures of orange and honeycomb shards

- Morello cherry brioche butter pudding
with marscapone cream.

- Seasonal fruit salad
with fruit syrup.

Cheese Plate
Dorstone Ash
Made at Dorstone Farm, on the Hereford/Welsh border, the Dorstone Ash is a semi-soft cheese made from unpasteurised goat's milk, using animal rennet, It has a crisp white colour that contrasts with blue-ish grey colour of its edible rind, resulting from the coating of ash applied to it. Its texture varies from being fluffy to flaky, depending on its maturity, and its flavour has a slight nuttiness on the rind.

Red Storm
Smartly dressed in vivid red wax, gloriously complex taste due to its 18-21 month maturation the provide the vintage credentials of flavour, finishing on notes of caramel, the Red Storm totally redefines what you might expect from a red Leicester.

Thomas Hoe Smooth Blue
A quintessentially English cheese, Smooth Blue is borne from a century of dairy farming and cheese making expertise on the country estate of the Duke of Rutland. It is hand crafted with a soft creamy texture, and a mild blue taste. It is gentle and delicated compared to other blues on the market, yet it has that recognisable blue flavour. Unusually, it is crafted to be eaten straight from the fridge.

Served with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and biscuits.

=====
Rest of the day - Lounge offer Menu

- BA Burger
British Aberdeen Angus beef, a milk-glazed roll, tomato and onion salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.

- Club sandwich
Chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with Kettle chips. Choose toasted granary or white bread.

- Warm brioche roll of sage and onion pulled turkey
with rubyslaw and butternut squash purée.

- Superfood salad
with soft boiled duck egg and cavolo nero.

- Pumpkin ravioloni
with curly kale pesto, dried cranberries and candied walnuts.

- Chicken Mole
with steamed rice, tomato, cucumber, red onion, coconut shavings and mustard seeds.
Updated 1 December 2016, with thanks to LurkerWilf.

The Dining menu is offered in the Concorde Dining area, and the Lounge menu - which is shared with the First Lounge next door - is offered elsewhere, see post 582 and discussion thereafter, but yes you can order any item from any place in CCR. In addition to the published menu, the following items are offered from the First Lounge in the afternoon and onwards: bread rolls, toast, sandwiches (ready to go always available but you can ask for custom made sandwiches), egg dishes such as scrambled eggs and omelettes, biscuits, ice creams (several flavours), nuts, savoury snacks and olives. From approx 14:00 to 18:00 hrs, scones and cakes are available (typical examples, Victoria Sponge and Fruit Loaf). There are also a few cold desserts available in the afternoon and evening (e.g. profiteroles). There are two hot Kosher dishes available, these need a bit more time to be prepared, so allow 20 minutes for this.

Previous year's thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...us-2015-a.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 4, 2016 at 1:16 am
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the record only - December's menu

The current CCR Menu is updated in this thread in post 1.

Concorde Room lounge menu

Breakfast

Breads and pastries
Served with British jams, preserves and honey

Croissant, Pain aux Raisins, Cranberry Twist and Brioche
Pain au Chocolat and Muffins
Toast and butter

Cereals, Muesli and Granola

Branflakes
Kellog's Cornflakes
Dorst Cererals Muesli
Tropical Crunch

Traditional Porridge
Made with gently simmered Scottish Porridge oats and served with British honey, cinammon, sultanas and brown sugar.

Yoghurts
Please ask your host for our selection.

Fresh fruit and fruit juices

Cooked English Breakfast

Fried or poached egg
Scrambled eggs
Grilled British back bacon
Pork sausages
Black pudding
Tomatoes, baked beans, and hash browns
Mushrooms

Other cooked breakfast items

Boiled egg and soldiers
Soft boiled egg with toasted soldiers

Kipper and poached egg
Cured and smoked herring, served warm with a poached egg

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs

Eggs Benedict
English muffin topped with poached egg and ham, finished with Hollandaise sauce

Eggs Royale
English muffin topped with poached egg and smoked salmon, finished with Hollandise sauce.

Omelette
Freshly made omelette served either plain or filled - Ham, Cheddar cheese or mushrooms.

Breakfast sandwich
Buttered toast with your filling: Bacon, sausage, fried egg

Please note all our eggs are free range.

Beverages

Traditional and speciality teas

Freshly ground bean to cup coffee

Hot chocolate
Rest of the day - Concorde Dining Menu

First Courses
- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Black pearl scallops
Seared king scallops with a sweet pea purée and dressed with chilli chive oil.

- Plum tomato tart
Roasted tomato tart served with am aubergine caviar drizzled with basil oil and dusted with tomato powder.

Main Courses
- Superfood salad
A blend of wild rice, spelt, quinoa and goji berries topped with Kathy White's Lavender Cheese, and finished with a Dijon vinaigrette dressing

- Ox cheek
Slow braised ox cheek, served with fondant potatoes, baby carrots and leeks, finished with a Bordelaise sauce and crispy pancetta.

- Plaice fillet
Pan fried fillet of British plaice seasoned with fennel pollen served on dill crushed new potatoes with buttered sautéed samphire and tomato concassé.

- Gnocchi
Filled with Dolcelatte and walnut, served with sautéed Girolle mushrooms, baby spinach and rocket cress.

Desserts

- Orange and burdock cannelloni
Served with a layered raspberry sponge and raspberry coulis

- Panetonne Bread and Butter pudding
Served with candied pecan nuts, salted caramel sauce, and vanilla crčme anglaise

- Seasonal fruit salad
Served with a fruit syrup

- Cheeses
Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne and Tournegus with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and biscuits
=====
Rest of the day - Concorde Lounge Menu
- BA Burger
Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with tomato salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar

- Club Sandwich
A choice of roasted granary or white read triple decker sandwich with chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with either twice-cooked chips or ruby slaw.

- Niçoise salad
Soft boiled hen's egg on a salad of French beans, black olives, potatoes, red onion and tomato, finished with a Dijon mustard dressing.

- Salt beef bagel
Bagel brushed with Dijon mustard and filled with salt beef, dill pickle, and celeriac rémoulade, served with salted Kettle chips.

- Gnocchi
Filled with Dolcelatte and walnut, served with sautéed Girolle mushrooms, baby spinach and rocket cress.

- Thai curry
Red Thai curry and Red Tractor assured British chicken, served with steamed rice and a cucumber and tomato salad, finished with coconut and poppy seeds.
Menu updated: 4 January 2016.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 6, 2016 at 1:11 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
JFK CCR menu:

I'll take photos of the dishes I have and will post when I am back home as I will use my proper camera for that.

I am also addicted to the wasabi peas in here!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
JFK CCR menu:

I'll take photos of the dishes I have and will post when I am back home as I will use my proper camera for that.

I am also addicted to the wasabi peas in here!
It looks like it hasn't changed since December.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
It looks like it hasn't changed since December.
Ah ok. Anything you recommend? I was thinking lobster then turkey.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Ah ok. Anything you recommend? I was thinking lobster then turkey.
Really like the bisque indeed. I had the rack of lamb which I liked (I remember another poster saying he didn't) maybe because I asked it medium rare to rare (which ensured it was medium rare!)

I see that the salad has actually changed. Some friends really like the December super food salad if you were in the mood for healthy stuff
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:07 pm

Really like the bisque indeed. I had the rack of lamb which I liked (I remember another poster saying he didn't) maybe because I asked it medium rare to rare (which ensured it was medium rare!)

I see that the salad has actually changed. Some friends really like the December super food salad if you were in the mood for healthy stuff
Thanks. Healthy stuff can wait, the diet starts on Thursday
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:26 pm

Thanks. Healthy stuff can wait, the diet starts on Thursday
Good answer! BTW, the staff did say good things about the turkey too but I was flying just before Christmas so was worried about turkey overload, but if that was your first instinct, their reaction suggests it probably is a good one too! Enjoy, whatever you choose!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:32 pm

Could someone post a picture of the breakfast menu for January 2016 at the CCR in LHR?
The menu itself might be the same as last year's, but there's something I want to check.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
I think that was me. Like you, I absolutely loved the bisque. In fact, I ended up having two bowls, it was so good. The lamb, however, I found to be bland and under seasoned. Perhaps the chef was having a lazy day! The worst thing for me, though, was the rather nasty, deconstructed cheesecake. It was a completely pointless and badly presented dish. Quite out of character with the usual New York, CCR fare.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by agjil
Could someone post a picture of the breakfast menu for January 2016 at the CCR in LHR?
The menu itself might be the same as last year's, but there's something I want to check.
Thanks in advance!
The breakfast menu rarely changes, the one in post 2 is very likely the one you will find on your visit.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm in a LHR Cabana now and the menu there isn't the same. The best thing on the breakfast menu is the breakfast sandwich and that was rather dry I thought.

But maybe the menus in the cabanas are old because the wine menu was labeled November 2015.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:52 am
Original Poster

See post 1, you seem to have the lounge menu rather than the dining menu. More information in the 1 December postings in last year's thread.

Feel free to type it up for everyone else's benefit!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm in a LHR Cabana now and the menu there isn't the same. The best thing on the breakfast menu is the breakfast sandwich and that was rather dry I thought.

But maybe the menus in the cabanas are old because the wine menu was labeled November 2015.
The cabanas have the 'Concorde Lounge Menu' not the 'Concorde Dining Menu' which is listed supra.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:58 am

Point of Order: Is this the correct topic to discuss the dining options/menus of the JFK (and IAD/SIN) offerings? If so, perhaps the topic title should be changed accordingly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.