Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

LVS June 2: Boston Park Plaza - No SPG participation [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LVS June 2: Boston Park Plaza - No SPG participation [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2002, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat. SPG Plat
Arrow LVS June 2: Boston Park Plaza - No SPG participation [Master Thread]

Is the Boston Park Plaza a Starwood hotel now? Full Starwood benefits with no exceptions? Is this the same hotel directly across the street from the Westin, or is the one behind the Four Seasons? In either case, the rooms used to be dumps. Have all the rooms been updated and refurbished?
Old Jul 8, 2002, 4:46 pm

To answer the specific location questions:

The hotel across the street from the Westin is the Copley Plaza hotel, which is now part of the Fairmount chain. The Copley Plaza hotel, which is on Copley Square, should not be confused with the Copley Square hotel, which is sort of a dump and which is across the street from the Marriott Copley.

The Park Plaza is indeed behind the Four Seasons, on the corner of Arlington and St James streets. It used to be The Hotel Statler (later the Statler Hilton), which is why the office building the adjoins the hotel is called the Statler Office Building.

Hope that clears everything up.

Wideman
Old Jul 8, 2002, 4:51 pm

And it still is a dump, although it now has some great entertainment choices in the hotel - a Whiskey Park bar, Todd English's Bonfire Restaurant, and a McCormick and Schnick's fish restuarant. If you call the valet to bring your car around now it should be brought up by August...
Old Jul 8, 2002, 6:42 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Everything everybody wrote here is true, including "and" and "the" and the repeated use of the word "dump." Part of the REIT buyout that formed Starwood (huh?) but formerly owned by the Saunders family whose son Donald is or was married to Liv Ullman...

And to answer your question with a question, is it a Starwood hotel with full benefits, no exceptions?

It doesn't show up on the website, at least the last time I looked. So if at least the ability to book a room there (and thus garner the 500 SW points, to be added to the 500 awarded to Plats as an amenity) is a benefit, I'd have to say "no."
Old Jul 8, 2002, 9:26 pm

There is some relationship, but it does not participate in SPG, see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/001984.html
(edit- UpgradeMe has the same link listed above with William's answer)
I remember staying at the Sheraton in Framingham last year and there was a coupon offer of 1/2 off at the Park Plaza.

[This message has been edited by stevenl57 (edited 07-08-2002).]
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:55 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Exclamation The Boston Park Plaza (BOS) isn't a Sheraton ... or is it?!?

Follow this link to see the Starwood owned Boston Park Plaza listed on an official Sheraton webpage with a Sheraton "S" marking its location on the Boston map. Nutty stuff considering this is not a Sheraton!!

http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/sea...cupancyTotal=1
Old Oct 26, 2004, 7:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Just curious...were you searching sheraton.com for availability in the Boston area? If so, and no other branded hotels were available for your selected travel dates, this would explain why it is showing as an option with the Sheraton logo. It never comes up otherwise.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Oct 26, 2004, 7:48 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Just curious...were you searching sheraton.com for availability in the Boston area?
Actually, I have www.spg.com as a bookmark on my company laptop and I always do my searches from that launch page. I am suspecting that one reason that it came up is because the night I was looking for (this Sat, 10/30) all of Boston is sold out. Perhaps after exhausting the Westins', Sheratons', and Four Points' inventories in Boston for 10/30, the system defaults to allow for non-branded properties within the search parameters to come up? In this case, the Park Plaza Hotel.

What is odd is that it came up under the Sheraton Flag and -- even odder -- it comes up FIRST in the listing of spg.com properties under that search. At least for me.

Certainly no big deal, just found it a little humorous and odd all at the same time.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Actually, I have www.spg.com as a bookmark on my company laptop and I always do my searches from that launch page. I am suspecting that one reason that it came up is because the night I was looking for (this Sat, 10/30) all of Boston is sold out. Perhaps after exhausting the Westins', Sheratons', and Four Points' inventories in Boston for 10/30, the system defaults to allow for non-branded properties within the search parameters to come up? In this case, the Park Plaza Hotel.

What is odd is that it came up under the Sheraton Flag and -- even odder -- it comes up FIRST in the listing of spg.com properties under that search. At least for me.

Certainly no big deal, just found it a little humorous and odd all at the same time.
I don't think so. I think it is A STARWOOD PROPERTY! I went to their homepage and it does have STarwood on it:

http://www.bostonparkplaza.com

The rates are pretty good too. I am debating whether or not should I say at the Sheraton @ BAck Bay or this Sheraton. I can book it on that link provided.

However when I went to spg.com it is not listing this property?

Can the spg person please confirm whether or not this is a Starwood property?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:44 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newcx12345
From http://www.starwood.com/sheraton/sea...otal=1&back=-1
"This hotel does not participate in Starwood Preferred Guest"
Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I stayed there once....very bad stay. (mold growing on walls, it appeared as if the housekeeping was very poor in general). The guestfloors are in dire need of a massive makeover. I'd avoid it like the plague.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by newcx12345
I don't think so. I think it is A STARWOOD PROPERTY! I went to their homepage and it does have STarwood on it:

http://www.bostonparkplaza.com

The rates are pretty good too. I am debating whether or not should I say at the Sheraton @ BAck Bay or this Sheraton. I can book it on that link provided.

Can the spg person please confirm whether or not this is a Starwood property?
Sorry I stirred the pot on this one! I thought most everyone knew about this place and the others that *wood owned and I sort of started this thread ONLY as a satirical note. The only reason I posted was b/c it came up consistently on a Sheraton webpage through www.spg.com. Since virtually all of us know this is not a Sheraton, I found that funny in an odd way. Thus the post.

I imagine this is something that the IT programmers at *wood can correct without too much work. Sorry if my post had anyone confused in any way. THIS IS NOT a Sheraton Hotel.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 6:26 am

A major reason that "all of Boston is sold out" for Oct 30 is that an enormous number of hotel rooms have been reserved by the Red Sox and Major League Baseball for the 6th game of the Series. If the Sox win tonight or tomorrow night, the reserved rooms will of course no longer be needed and I would expect that you'll be able to find a room.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers is now a Starwood?

I just went to book online at spg.com and the Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers appeared in the Boston area search!? It used to be a Marriott Hotel wasn't it?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
This has been a problem for years, for some reason I have called Platinum concierge and they have offered this hotel, but you do not earn starpoints, Now its in an email regarding special through labor day in Boston, why is it so hard to straighten this out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.