Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
YYZ meetup

Venue: The Library Bar (inside The Fairmont Royal York)
Time: Friday 20 March 2015, 19:30 confirmed

Confirmed
Yyttraveler
kraftdinner_
Allbrosca
tng11
Antonio8069
bimmergirl
Arjay9
znke252
jaysona
iceblueshoes
travel_geek
canadiancow (staying at Fairmont)
global_happy_traveller
Geoflying
Ben Lipsey ^^
OrangePOS

Waitlisted (Maybe):
RCyyz
BackSlash3
yul36
24left
Bonaventure

Regrets:
yqtyyz
superangrypenguin
The Lev
rankourabu
LockheedElectra: With any luck I'll be shredding the pow in Big White
Far Siren
maradori
vernonc - mar break in Maui
Mozzarella - mar break too - Dominican
reignBullet
margarita girl
Print Wikipost

YYZ FT Meetup March 20, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
YYZ FT Meetup March 20, 2015

Myself and my brother (also a poster on FT) are heading to HKG March 20th but have an overnight stopover in Toronto and arriving there mid-afternoon. I think it would be awesome to have a little meet up with whichever of you posters are around/free that night! From the posters that I talk to regularly, you seem like great people.

We are staying at the Fairmont Royal York and don't fly out until 8am the following morning, so food/drinks is reasonable. I've already asked the penguin, but unfortunately he's not in YYZ at that time (probably a good thing or else I'd be in jeopardy of missing the flight the next AM).

Depending on interest, we can choose an appropriate venue. I know it is a Friday night, so it may be busy at some spots. I don't have enough posts yet to start a Wiki but I'm sure someone can.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Would have loved to have joined the DO, but coincidentally, I'm coming back from HKG and will miss you by a few hours again. Some day!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Would have loved to have joined the DO, but coincidentally, I'm coming back from HKG and will miss you by a few hours again. Some day!
It just wasn't meant to be ! I'm sure we will cross paths again at some point.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Yyttraveler
I've already asked the penguin, but unfortunately he's not in YYZ at that time (probably a good thing or else I'd be in jeopardy of missing the flight the next AM).
Yeah, sorry for not being able to make it out. Thanks for trying to organize the Do though! My new travels have me back from YQR at midnight ish (in J if my upgrade clears). Add that and the fact I will be coming from YQR ([insert expletive here] me) I will have lost my ability to speak coherent English by the time I get back (if all goes well on my flight), maybe i'll jaw caw like penguins at that point.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Yeah, sorry for not being able to make it out. Thanks for trying to organize the Do though! My new travels have me back from YQR at midnight ish (in J if my upgrade clears). Add that and the fact I will be coming from YQR ([insert expletive here] me) I will have lost my ability to speak coherent English by the time I get back (if all goes well on my flight), maybe i'll jaw caw like penguins at that point.
Thanks for arranging the Wiki!
YQR lol, hope the upgrade clears! If for some reason you gain a second wind and can muster up a little amount of sobriety to venture out, let us know!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Thanks for arranging the Wiki!
YQR lol, hope the upgrade clears! If for some reason you gain a second wind and can muster up a little amount of sobriety to venture out, let us know!
Will do. Not sure who arranged the Wiki, I think it was Skyborne Flyer, but I don't deserve the thanks Nonetheless i'll let you know if my plans change!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Great to see allbrosca confirmed!
I'd love to meet you Mr. cow, especially after reading about your zone 1 t shirt and SE 100k hat.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Great to see allbrosca confirmed!
I'd love to meet you Mr. cow, especially after reading about your zone 1 t shirt and SE 100k hat.
If the cow goes, you can kiss your liver goodbye LOL. Do what Sparseflyer and others did at the YUL Do, don't try and keep up with people in the technology industry If you truly want to wreck your liver, come out to the SEA Micro Do
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

If the cow goes, you can kiss your liver goodbye LOL. Do what Sparseflyer and others did at the YUL Do, don't try and keep up with people in the technology industry If you truly want to wreck your liver, come out to the SEA Micro Do
LOL. Do you know who you're talking to? Us east-coasters (especially Newfies) can handle quite the amount of alcohol
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:50 pm
Suspended

LOL. Do you know who you're talking to? Us east-coasters (especially Newfies) can handle quite the amount of alcohol
I think it's time for war If you can do 2-3 bottles of wine a night please ring me up And I mean that 365 days of the year...

Doubles are weak. Triples are where it's at (if not drinking wine).

Gosh I wish I could make it out to this.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

I think it's time for war If you can do 2-3 bottles of wine a night please ring me up And I mean that 365 days of the year...

Doubles are weak. Triples are where it's at (if not drinking wine).

Gosh I wish I could make it out to this.
I prefer the liquor, so triples are fine with me. I'm not sure about 2-3 bottles of wine, but if you would like to have some triples, then haul your drunken penguin self out to the DO!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:54 pm
Suspended

I prefer the liquor, so triples are fine with me. I'm not sure about 2-3 bottles of wine, but if you would like to have some triples, then haul your drunken penguin self out to the DO!
I'll try. But rolling in at midnight makes it a bit tough to do, especially since I don't live in TO And at that point, I just want to sleep in my own bed...lol #weak
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

I'll try. But rolling in at midnight makes it a bit tough to do, especially since I don't live in TO And at that point, I just want to sleep in my own bed...lol #weak
Or you could do a SDC out of YQR! ^^
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Or you could do a SDC out of YQR! ^^
No direct flights. I gotta be there until 2pm or so...flights from YQR to YYZ blow that time of day
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:29 pm

Would be happy to finally make one of these. I don't fly nearly as most of you here - but I managed to miss the last one by a hair flying to HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.