Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Temporary closure of The Haven [now reopened]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know what is being renovated?

"As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our First Class offering, The Haven of The Wing First Class Lounge on level 7 (balcony level) at Hong Kong International Airport will be temporarily closed for renovation from 12 July 2014 to early August 2014.

Diamond members of The Marco Polo Club and those First Class passengers visiting The Wing are instead invited to dine at The Atrium, located adjacent to The Haven. All other lounge facilities will continue to operate as usual.

The passage connecting The Wing First Class and Business Class Lounges will also be temporarily closed. Access to The Wing First Class Lounge will only be available through the main entrance located on level 7 (near the exit of the immigration and security control area on the Departures level)."
Old Jul 12, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by antkleve
Does anyone know what is being renovated?

"As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance our First Class offering, The Haven of The Wing First Class Lounge on level 7 (balcony level) at Hong Kong International Airport will be temporarily closed for renovation from 12 July 2014 to early August 2014.

Diamond members of The Marco Polo Club and those First Class passengers visiting The Wing are instead invited to dine at The Atrium, located adjacent to The Haven. All other lounge facilities will continue to operate as usual.

The passage connecting The Wing First Class and Business Class Lounges will also be temporarily closed. Access to The Wing First Class Lounge will only be available through the main entrance located on level 7 (near the exit of the immigration and security control area on the Departures level)."

I hope they are going to change the dining room lighting! The right hand side (against the lit up wall) of the room could be really bright to sit in! Has anyone been to the Atrium since the closure? Wonder what food will they be providing?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I was at the haven on the 9th and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: Aadvantage Gold
Apparently

"The changes are being implemented in response to feedback from passengers since The Wing reopened. Modifications to the interiors are set to improve the overall dining ambience, with adjustments to the furnishings, lighting and acoustics helping to create a more comfortable environment"..
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
The Haven is the restaurant, right?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nsolitude
The Haven is the restaurant, right?
Yes.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
The temporary solution is a mess.

There was a pretty long line to be seated in the new dining area (not a lack of seating, more of a staffing issue). And the self-serve offerings for breakfast were greatly reduced. So, if you're planning to eat there, leave extra time to wait for a seat and wait for the food to arrive.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:40 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
You would think they would have the F section of The Pier completed first before they did any renovations to The Haven.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by gemini573
You would think they would have the F section of The Pier completed first before they did any renovations to The Haven.
Maybe the F pax feedback was that they really REALLY didn't like the ambiance?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by LAXative
Maybe they want to change the food offerings after comparisons to Qantas' lounge..
Old Jul 13, 2014, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Maybe they want to change the food offerings after comparisons to Qantas' lounge..
About time. The F lounge dining was WORSE than before the renovation. The offering seems to go down the hill. When it first opened you get pan-fried scallops regularly. Now you get cheap shrimp cake, and it's not everyday, some days you get cheap seafood. And the fried rice is literally just that, fried white rice with not much else (don't be fooled by the signs that said Duck or Roast Pork, you don't get much of any of that but 99% is rice with a few sprinkles of duck or roast pork.) For one of the top airlines in the world, they sure fall real flat in their flagship lounge.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
I was there at about 10.30 this morning. No queues

Food selection is less but the open space feels much better than the Haven ever did.

Agree that the food needs significant improvement to compete with Qantas even at its outport stations. CX should be aiming at the qantas first lounge in Sydney

Slightly OT but I've stopped using the Singapore CX lounge. Qantas is far better
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Originally Posted by LAXative
I hate it.
I eat outside in the the long bar area between J and F
Sounds like I will have a lot of company there from now on.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:55 am

I am sitting here in the lounge now. The attendant immediately notified about the closure of the restaurant and the the passageway. It is about 3:50pm local time and the lounge is pretty crowded. The restaurant has seats now but about an hour ago, it was packed and the attendant had to turn away guests. Thankfully I ate lunch at home.

For now, there are only cold items available in the buffet area and you have to order all the warm dishes from the menu.

Completely unrelated from the Haven closure, the lounge and the airport itself is really warm and is very uncomfortable. We have our heat warning here in HK and yet the HKG authority still turns down the a/c.

Anyway, I am not sure if this is the time to fix any interior given that now it is the peak summer travel period.

Carfield
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
i wish they would enclose the whole lounge so I don't have to listen to noisy pax down below at gates 1-3 with their screaming…..

Agree also with all the above! I don't see any better quality in the F lounge food compared to the Bridge for example.

hot,crowded,noisy. Bridge far better (quieter, cooler) in every way. QF better in SIN etc etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.