Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Browser extensions/scripts for United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbm12
Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

From sbm12 (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
From jasonvr
From Darlox:
Note: Both are defunct (no longer maintained by the creators), have known issues on the current site, will not work on the Beta site, and are of marginal usefulness in the $-based RDM era. Use for reference only.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

ETA: Wikified to help make managing the list easier. Feel free to edit above as appropriate.

I've made a few; I know others have as well. Why not a thread which collects all of them so people can have them readily available?

Here are the ones I've created (available from the Chrome Store or direct download for GreaseMonkey users):
  • United.com Expert Mode (fare buckets)
  • United Receipt Parser (Useful for PQDs)
  • Searching for upgradeable fares on United.com

From Darlox:
The UA Site Fare Evaluator Userscript
Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script to highlight R/RN bucket availability

Note that Chrome recently changed its rules so most users will need to pull scripts from their store to use them.

n.b. Some links above and in the wiki go to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 13, 2014 at 3:21 pm
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Thanks for creating a consolidated thread!

Two notes:
1) Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey are user script agents that are available and approved in the Chrome store. If you were loading scripts directly into Chrome, the recent change means that your script won't work. However, if you are loading scripts into one of the agents above (which I personally recommend, because they provide some value-add features above Chrome native), you shouldn't have any issue in continuing to run them, regardless of Chrome changes.

2) Our scripts (the two listed above) are no longer being actively maintained, and recent changes to the UA website mean that there are some scenarios in which they no longer work. (Most notably, they no longer show total-trip earnings and CPM on the final purchase confirmation page.)

While we're still trying to keep on top of user suggestions, updates are few and far between. The biggest reason is a complete lack of active itineraries to test with!! Everybody in my office who cared about UA is no longer flying UA... but we still care about the FT community, and will try to make updates that don't consume zillions of man-hours of time!
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I'll add my thanks as well. Added myself to the wiki!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Grease Monkey help needed

Honest, I have been searching for this answer for over an hour but cannot find it. I have a new computer and want to use Firefox to see the UA upgrade buckets using Grease Monkey. I have downloaded the program but cannot find the link for Firefox. Help! As always, thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Is it this what you want?
http://gallery.theopalgroup.com/UARBucket/
Old May 26, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Plat; 2 MM; Amex Rewards; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Plat.
Greasemonkey script questions

For the past few years I have enjoyed using the script that shows me upgrade and award availability in large green or red numbers; however, I cannot seem to get it to work on my new workstation running Windows 7 Professional. I have downloaded Greasemonkey and can seeing his little grinning face in the upper right corner of Firefox. I have also gone back through FT and found what I think to be the needed script. When I open the UA website and log in to search for a flight, no numbers pop us as before. I confirmed that I am using the "expert" mode.

Does anyone have a suggestion as how to restore this valuable asset while using Firefox? As always, thanks for the help.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:38 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CalRef
For the past few years I have enjoyed using the script that shows me upgrade and award availability in large green or red numbers; however, I cannot seem to get it to work on my new workstation running Windows 7 Professional. I have downloaded Greasemonkey and can seeing his little grinning face in the upper right corner of Firefox. I have also gone back through FT and found what I think to be the needed script. When I open the UA website and log in to search for a flight, no numbers pop us as before. I confirmed that I am using the "expert" mode.

Does anyone have a suggestion as how to restore this valuable asset while using Firefox? As always, thanks for the help.
You may be able to see the grinning face in the upper right corner of Firefox, but this doesn't mean anything. Take a look at the drop-down menu (click on the triangle next to the grinning face) and make sure that "Enabled" is checked. That should do the trick.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: United-GOLD, AA
Search by Upgrade/Fare Levels + Software Highlight???

Hi All,
A few years ago a very helpful person de-coded fare & upgrades that can be visible during reservation search. And another very helpful person developed a little software doodad to provide highlight.

New computer so I am hoping to find those instructions again to transform my search so I can see available upgrades by elite levels and get the highlight.

Interestingly when I enable "expert mode", I didn't see the upgrade openings...its been a while since I set this up, so perhaps I'm missing something?

Many thanks!

Last edited by pbh220; Jun 29, 2015 at 4:36 pm Reason: email
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:48 am

UA Expert mode+

UA Fare Construction Details

BTW, these don't work on the new United Beta site.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pnsnkr
UA Expert mode+

UA Fare Construction Details

BTW, these don't work on the new United Beta site.
Both should, actually. The fare construction uses the receipt page and that hasn't changed yet (AFAIK). And the Expert Mode + doesn't auto-expand all the details but the highlighting should still work.

Are you not seeing that?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Both should, actually. The fare construction uses the receipt page and that hasn't changed yet (AFAIK). And the Expert Mode + doesn't auto-expand all the details but the highlighting should still work.

Are you not seeing that?
This is what I see

Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pnsnkr
This is what I see
I'm a moron. I did all the development and never updated the version on the Chrome store. I'll get it up there shortly.

And, needless to say, it works just fine on my laptop, but that's not going to help the rest of you.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm a moron. I did all the development and never updated the version on the Chrome store. I'll get it up there shortly.

And, needless to say, it works just fine on my laptop, but that's not going to help the rest of you.
sbm12, could you please update it to highlight PN space? Good for YBM-ups and also for the GS people out there .
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Took a bit longer than I hoped but I now have updated the United Expert Mode+ code to v7 on the server and it is working on the Beta site just like on the old site.

Read more and get the script from the link above.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:05 pm

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
Awesome! Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.