Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesnt work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesnt work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesnt work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesnt work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesnt work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Old May 21, 2014, 1:51 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

The new app is now live in the iPhone app store (and if you're not seeing it yet, it sometimes takes a while to appear in all countries). The Android version will be following within the hour.

I'd just like to say thanks to all the Flyertalkers who took part in the beta. Your feedback was extremely useful and has helped us (and continues to help us) address many issues before launch. I'm sorry we couldn't get more on the beta app, but we will be looking to run more beta periods as we continue to add more functionality.
Old May 21, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
This is version 5, right? (Just making sure I'm seeing the right thing).
Old May 21, 2014, 2:00 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Yes, that's right, version 5.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks Gavin.

Slightly disappointed there is still no option to search award availability on the app (something I thought would have been added by now) and that it all seems a little cosmetic (though nice) without too many new fancunaleties.

I have noticed that the mobile site has the option to check redemption seats now however, but it's not yet live (which you discover after it asks you to login twice..) - any idea when this might work?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I love the look and feel, especially the way the focus shifts on the background image as I slide my finger up and down the screen.

I haven't called up my upcoming flights yet - all I need is a booking but I should be able to test this feature out later today.

Gavin, you should get your hands on a more recent photograph of Glasgow
Old May 21, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
While I have not updated the app on my phone yet, I do have a few bits of feedback based on screenshots from the App Store:
1. Putting the side menu button in the top right corner is a bad move. It is pretty much the widely-accepted practice that it should be in the top left corner.
2. One of the things that irks me about the app at the moment is that, on launch, it does not check whether I have already checked in for my next flight if it is within less than 24 hours of departure. Often, I check in on my tablet/laptop/desktop and then use my phone to get the boarding pass. It should display only the relevant action: check-in if I have not checked in yet and get boarding pass if I have checked in.
3. Image of the boarding pass seems to not show BAEC tier and class of travel. Have these been dropped or just absent from the dummy image?
4. Staying with the mobile BP, there seems to be no placeholder for the gate number, even though this is a common feature with other airlines and has been requested a lot. Is it still absent?
5. With this version, will information like gate numbers for non-UK airports and baggage carousel numbers be displayed?
6. Does this new version change the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Gavin - thanks for the thank you email yesterday, even though I wasn't in the beta test

Will let you know my thoughts once I've played around with the new app.

I thought I might slide in here that I'd really like a booking by fare class option on the website... (I know I know, I've got my coat)...
Old May 21, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Thanks for the head up. I think it looks great!
Old May 21, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Just had a quick look, and seems a good improvement ^
Old May 21, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH FT, Accor Plat
You could have released it yesterday when I had a flight :P

I like the look of it, but the one thing I cannot find is the lounge password. Has this been removed now?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:49 am

Where'd the wifi password go?

Am I really expected to go look at a screen ten feet away?!
Old May 21, 2014, 2:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by britishchris
You could have released it yesterday when I had a flight :P

I like the look of it, but the one thing I cannot find is the lounge password. Has this been removed now?
budapest

I have my heart set on tokyo next month!
Old May 21, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
I like it!
I like the photos of the places you are going when you click into the flights.
It is a lot clearer and crisper.
I like my little gold bar across the top.

Award searching would have been a nice feature but I think I have only done this maybe twice on my phone so not a huge issue.

Well done.
Old May 21, 2014, 2:56 am
Suspended

Actually the lounge password is included in your bookings -> View and manage more flight details -> Lounge wifi password

It would be nice to display booking classes in the 'manage my bookings' section under 'further details'. I know we can get this in mobile BA, but perhaps drop it in here?
Old May 21, 2014, 2:57 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by TATLTale
Where'd the wifi password go?

Am I really expected to go look at a screen ten feet away?!
If you've got a upcoming flight showing on the home screen, you can scroll down past the seat section, click "View and manage more flight details" and in that screen you can again scroll down and there's a "Lounge Wi-Fi password" section you can select.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.