Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge, Amsterdam - lounge 40
Opening hours: 05:30 hrs (but 06:15 Sundays) to 21:15 hrs.

This thread gives information about the new British Airways lounge in Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol), opened on Wednesday 17 December 2014. The lounge is on the roof terrace and is some distance from the usual BA gates at the end of Pier D (D26).

There is now direct access to the lounge from and the temporary rooftop access route, referred to in posts in this thread before number 295, has now been closed. The lounge can be reached via Departures 2 and after passport control passengers should proceed, on the same level, to the left and look for the lounge signage. The lifts are behind the Travel book store, near the window. More details in this post and a set of photos in post 310.

Photos of the new lounge here, here and here. The official BA photos are here.
Print Wikipost

New BA lounge in AMS from Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France/KLM Flying Blue Silver, BAEC Gold, Eurostar Carte Classique,
New BA lounge in AMS from Nov 2014

After a little chat with the staff of the BA lounge about the new portacabin windows, I learnt that from November this year a brand new BA lounge will open in Amsterdam on a new floor above the current lounge.

Still a long way from gates D 24-31 though, but how exciting!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Exciting! Is this the old JAL lounge I wonder?

I always thought facilities in the AMS lounge was under-provisioned, given how many flights BA have per day from there.

The Galleries refurbishment circa 2011 was a good improvement in terms of new furniture, but the catering options could certainly be improved.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Arne1972
After a little chat with the staff of the BA lounge about the new portacabin windows, I learnt that from November this year a brand new BA lounge will open in Amsterdam on a new floor above the current lounge.
There currently is no floor above the BA lounge.

They are doing some rebuilding in the airport at present, to convert the airport away from the security-at-gate (as it currently is in most of the non-Schengen part only) concept. The BA lounge location may be moving, but I'd be rather surprised if this means they are building a new floor above.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
BA could be anywhere in the new pier D so I'm hoping there might be less walking involved.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France/KLM Flying Blue Silver, BAEC Gold, Eurostar Carte Classique,
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The BA lounge location may be moving, but I'd be rather surprised if this means they are building a new floor above.
I am not sure about Schiphol's reconstruction plans, but the lounge manager indicated that the new lounge will open 'hierboven' pointing in the direction of the E-pier
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
The current lounge is fairly small considering the amount of flights to LHR, LCY & LGW that depart AMS.

Larger facilities would seem to be a positive step forward to me.

cs
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:57 am

Will the food still be spearheaded by potato crisps? And will the nice man who owns the current lounge still own the new one?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Poxball
And will the nice man who owns the current lounge still own the new one?

To say there are a few characters there is an understatement.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Will the food still be spearheaded by potato crisps? And will the nice man who owns the current lounge still own the new one?
I'd like to see stroopwaffles bigger than a 50p coin.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Arne1972
I am not sure about Schiphol's reconstruction plans, but the lounge manager indicated that the new lounge will open 'hierboven' pointing in the direction of the E-pier
I'd interpret that as meaning on the same level as the existing lounge ("here, upstairs" rather than "upstairs from here" - given that the BA lounge is already just about as far upstairs as one can go (except for the viewing terrace!)).

Most other lounges at Schiphol are on the same level (the Privium lounge is downstairs).
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Was at the lounge in AMS yesterday.....didn't really do much the except sleep after an espresso ( was that kind of weekend !).

The food could do with a revamp.....I saw a chap bring in some maccy d's and felt quite envious .....I love those raisin cakes and stroop waffles and the old holland cheese isn't bad.

It would be wonderful if the gates were not as far from the lounge but then you would still have to walk to the lounge......
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
And will the nice man who owns the current lounge still own the new one?
Genuine one from the AMS lounge. I go out to the reception to greet the folks who are coming to join us, with another chap following behind, and say in the general direction of the nice man who owns the current lounge "Hello, we have some guests".
NMWOTCL: "Some guests? You can have one guest."
Exactly half of the party members pull out silver cards, and if you didn't think NMWOTCL could look even more sour, you were wrong!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:45 am

Xxxxx

Last edited by Poxball; Mar 13, 2014 at 6:30 pm
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by stifle
Genuine one from the AMS lounge. I go out to the reception to greet the folks who are coming to join us, with another chap following behind, and say in the general direction of the nice man who owns the current lounge "Hello, we have some guests".
NMWOTCL: "Some guests? You can have one guest."
Exactly half of the party members pull out silver cards, and if you didn't think NMWOTCL could look even more sour, you were wrong!
What is NMWOTCL?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA or bust
What is NMWOTCL?
Nice man who owns the current lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.