Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to US? Alternative numbers to call when call centers are jammed up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Per tommyleo in post #10 (please feel free to edit/add updates):

Here's a hot tip that I've used successfully during weather problems for several airlines: call the airline's overseas call centers. Use Skype and it's dirt cheap.

Here are U.S.'s overseas numbers. I just called the U.K. number and the agent answered immediately after I was prompted to press "2". This should work with just about any US call center since there should be an option for English at all of them. Good luck.

Since the overseas call center are typically not open 24 hours, one should consider the local time at the those call centers before calling.

abein2672: The (US) Canada number is pure GOLD! 1-888-240-4770. Toll free in the US, routes to an English-speaking agent in Europe...
Print Wikipost

Can't get through to US? Alternative numbers to call when call centers are jammed up

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:04 am
Original Poster

I was booking an award ticket on the phone with an agent, but when he told me that the dates couldn't be changed once travel commenced, I told him to cancel it. He put me on hold and then came back and said the ticket was cancelled and I'd receive the points and cash back within a few hours. It has been 6 days, and I still haven't received my points or money back, and I ended up getting an e-ticket e-mailed to me even though I told him to cancel it.

Anyways, I've been try to call them for 6 days, but the phone systems either disconnect me because they're too busy, or I stay on hold for hours and nobody ever comes on the phone and that damn hold music plays indefinitely.

The flight is in 2 days. Not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions, or is there an alternate number to call them on? I called 800-428-4322.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by spideysense
... Any suggestions, ...
Try the UK reservations # 0-845-600-3300 (shouldn't be too expensive with Skype/other VOIP) - US has a fairly large call center there.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Try tweeting at them. They tend to be pretty responsive and might be able to help
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kudzu
Try the UK reservations # 0-845-600-3300 (shouldn't be too expensive with Skype/other VOIP) - US has a fairly large call center there.
Thank you so much. I called the UK # and got through right away and resolved the issue.

You saved me a lot of time and frustration. If you have a favorite charity, let me know and I'll make a little donation in your name.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by spideysense
...You saved me a lot of time and frustration. If you have a favorite charity, let me know and I'll make a little donation in your name.
Thanks, but hey, that's what FlyerTalk is all about - helping other flyers ^. I just happen to know much about US (since I fly them so much), and glad to share ...

Please keep up your annual charitable contributions (like I do )

Best wishes.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:11 pm

In future, no need to call the UK long distance.
1-888-240-4770 is the published contact number for US Airways in Canada, which routes calls to the UK.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:52 pm

Can't get through to US?

I'm trying to make an award booking and the system won't even let me hold. They say due to bad weather they can't accept any calls?? I mean the weather isn't even that bad! Had the same problem last night too. What's going on!?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
I just made a test call on the main line hit zero and and was listed the menu options and selected one and put on hold. It did say due to weather hold times are higher than normal. Try again it should work.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by teese35
I just made a test call on the main line hit zero and and was listed the menu options and selected one and put on hold. It did say due to weather hold times are higher than normal. Try again it should work.
I can't hit anything...the automated guy insists on me speaking..."Award travel" and then the rigmarole with telling him the cities. After that it says it will transfer me to an agent and then it drops..
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
try hitting zero a few times until it connects you to an agent. Should only ask if this is for a flight inside us and canada or international.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by mabramovich
I mean the weather isn't even that bad! Had the same problem last night too. What's going on!?
The weather isn't that bad yet, but it's on it's way and US is already allowing passengers to rebook flights through a number of southern cities including their hub in CLT for the next several days. That's a lot of possible trips to rebook. Considering CLT probably isn't prepared for a major snowstorm, people are probably wise to change their flights if they can.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
...? I've been on hold for over an hour on the Chairman's Line.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:30 pm

Been holding for 1:15 on the normal line and can't get through. It's 11:30pm on the east coast so I'm surprised it's taking so long. I can't hold any longer, so time to throw in the towel.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:05 am

I did get through last night in the end by just mumbling into the system which confused it and got me an agent who agreed to book my award.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 11:59 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

No dice for me either. My flight tomorrow got the ax & when I call in, I just get a busy signal after a bit. If only they wouldn't have tried charging me the fare difference, I'd have done this online earlier & saved everyone the hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.