JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Subscribe
Quote: I wish I had this too! Unfortunately my whole family is into the game and I'm not willing to ask extended family yet... Maybe I should start having some kids...
All my BBs have unique SSNs. One for me, one for wife. Both my parents...who can barely send texts. Both her her parents who think MS is money laundering. My 19 year old nephew and my 22 year old niece round out the 6.

Shoot....at one point I had two from friends, who have since jumped head first into MS so I had to surrender those cards.
Quote: All my BBs have unique SSNs. One for me, one for wife. Both my parents...who can barely send texts. Both her her parents who think MS is money laundering. My 19 year old nephew and my 22 year old niece round out the 6.

Shoot....at one point I had two from friends, who have since jumped head first into MS so I had to surrender those cards.
Yeah problem I have is one half of my family is British and the other is Canadian, otherwise I'd have a freakin farm of cards
Quote: This is unfortunately true. Experienced this for the first time this week, was told no name = no swipe. Is this a memo or something?
It's intermittent. One WM I go to, the lady asked to see my bluebird. She always tries to see my debit card also, but I never show her. She seems scared to ask, I'm not sure why.

At the WM close to where I live, I can do whatever I need to without much of a hitch.

I think WMs probably will ask to see cards if folks are showing them that we are using GCs. Folks on the registers wouldn't care otherwise.
I don't understand why everyone's .....ing about the poor bill pay. Just use the debit card as a pay-by source at the credit card's website. What's so hard about that?
Quote: It's intermittent. One WM I go to, the lady asked to see my bluebird. She always tries to see my debit card also, but I never show her. She seems scared to ask, I'm not sure why.

At the WM close to where I live, I can do whatever I need to without much of a hitch.

I think WMs probably will ask to see cards if folks are showing them that we are using GCs. Folks on the registers wouldn't care otherwise.
You mean like this?

Quote: I got my first push back from Wally World today. I loaded $2K on the self-help machine a couple days ago. Today, the machine was down. I went to the counter. I loaded a MC gift card using the cancel trick, which works like a charm. I asked the customer service rep behind the money center counter to let me do another load. The rep said let me see your debit card and your license, then looked at my card and said you can't load gift cards. She said she got a memo saying they're not supposed to allow it.

So it appears there is a push coming from somewhere in Wally World management to discontinue BB loads by gift cards. What I fail to understand is why. There is no more money laundering or fraud risk in allowing a gift card load versus allowing a cash load. Arguably, there is less risk because surely Wally World has figured out by now that most of us loading up on gift cards are purchasing them through traceable credit card transactions.
Quote: Yeah problem I have is one half of my family is British and the other is Canadian, otherwise I'd have a freakin farm of cards
if they're in the US (legally) get them to register for a TIN it will work as well.
Why buy MO when you can transfer to your bank with your BB? Sorry...not sure what I am missing here either. Been at the MS game for the last 2 years.
Quote: Why buy MO when you can transfer to your bank with your BB? Sorry...not sure what I am missing here either. Been at the MS game for the last 2 years.
"I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do it, so a little got more and more" - Guns n Roses.

Somehow I didn't post that in ADK's MS playlist. I'll have to go correct that.

My BBs are full by the 5th of the month or so. I welcome another place to plant VRs, even if it costs .69 per thousand to harvest them.
MM shares his shut down experience on blogs around...
Quote: My BBs are full by the 5th of the month or so. I welcome another place to plant VRs, even if it costs .69 per thousand to harvest them.
Same here. And it's .89+ in these parts.

Quote: I think WMs probably will ask to see cards if folks are showing them that we are using GCs. Folks on the registers wouldn't care otherwise.
Up until last week, folks on the registers didn't care.

I don't know the term "GC" when I'm at Wally's. It's debit, as I say only when asked, and when asked to show my card I present it. "Let me see your card... ahh, prepay, yeah, we don't allow it."

(If I wanted $500 of junk they'd happily take it.)

This is a new thing.

This means I have to use a debit card with my name it to do the deed there now.
Quote: if they're in the US (legally) get them to register for a TIN it will work as well.
they are in UK and Canada. I have no relatives here in the USA other than my wife and kids

Quote: Why buy MO when you can transfer to your bank with your BB? Sorry...not sure what I am missing here either. Been at the MS game for the last 2 years.
The BB's I have are all done for very early in the month. I need drugs to keep me going until end of month

Quote: MM shares his shut down experience on blogs around...
His shut down experience or "shut down" experience? I've seen scarecrows before. I prefer to see the results for myself.
who is MM? and how can I see his post about the experience?
Quote: who is MM? and how can I see his post about the experience?
Search for fter Marathon Man and read his posts about it.
Applied for this card. Going to go much slower unloading this compared to MVD
Quote: Up until last week, folks on the registers didn't care.

I don't know the term "GC" when I'm at Wally's. It's debit, as I say only when asked, and when asked to show my card I present it. "Let me see your card... ahh, prepay, yeah, we don't allow it."

(If I wanted $500 of junk they'd happily take it.)

This is a new thing.

This means I have to use a debit card with my name it to do the deed there now.
It's SO irritating. And especially when it comes from cashiers that used to do the process without a problem. Can't blame them, I know it rolls downhill.

At a point now where I am considering practicing my sleight of hand, seriously. Then I realize it might be possible that I would have to do it four times in a row, and I just laugh at myself