R.I.P. - Darren Booth [aka UNITED863]- "Frequently Flying" Blog

Subscribe
I didn't know Darren "in real life", but his blog and his graciousness to respond to all manner of tweets and correspondence are what helped me learn to love traveling and the hobby we all share.

His parents posted the following on his blog: http://boardingarea.com/frequentlyfl...ight-farewell/

He was tweeting frequently on the 3rd, so I can only assume this was a very sudden passing. Please keep his family and those close to him in your prayers.
R.I.P. - Darren Booth - "Frequently Flying" Blog
I was really saddened to see this posted this evening:

http://boardingarea.com/frequentlyfl...ight-farewell/

Not many things worse in life than outliving one's child, sympathies and prayers to his family.

I enjoyed his blog. The vintage seat maps were one of my favorites - brought up some memories.
Really sad news. I loved how his blog offered something unique.

He seemed like such a nice guy too. Prayers to those who knew and loved him
I had the pleasure of meeting him on a MR to NRT. Really great guy.

I will miss his blog posts.

Prayers for his family.
Bummer.

Condolences.
I met him at BAcon and he was a very quite but sincere person. He was an asset to Boarding Area and will be missed.
Sad, sad news. I'm going to miss him.
I really enjoyed his postings and comprehensive amenity kit reviews on Boarding Area. Just reread his 1MM flight trip report...R.I.P.
Indeed, very sad to hear. The Vintage Seat Maps were really enjoyable.
I was really saddened by the news. I enjoyed reading his blog. Life is so short and fragile.
Very sudden .... very sad. One of life's truly genuine people. Deepest sympathies for his family and friends.

And yes... his blog was great! I loved his amenity kit reports... always a great way to gauge if I wanted to get one or keep one!
Extremely sad to hear this as well. Always loved his amenity trip reports! Does anybody know the circumstances of his death. It just seemed extremely sudden. My sincere condolences go out to his family.
RIP to a great guy. I learned a lot from the man….
RIP Darren!

Addition: I was a relatively new subscriber of his but the one post that stood out was the picture of his first flight...

AA - B727
Very sad news. I met Darren on a few occasions. Recently I met to discuss a project I am planning and wanted him involved. He said yes immediately and was keen to find out how else he could help me. Nice guy. RIP Darren