Platinum Benefit:Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins

Subscribe
Hey,

Does anyone know what the exact meaning of the Platinum/1k benefit of:

"Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins"

I just hit Platinum and was wondering whether to expect any difference in business class award availability.
Solely marketing hype. It doesn't exist. Sorry to burst the bubble.
One of my awards shows booked in IN for GUM-NRT....

... but....

I was/still is also available

Quote: Hey,

Does anyone know what the exact meaning of the Platinum/1k benefit of:

"Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins"

I just hit Platinum and was wondering whether to expect any difference in business class award availability.
Those "select premium cabins" don't exist. They've actually selected zero premium cabins.
There has not been a single verifiable case to show IN>I.

The days of better availability of premium cabins for elites ended when UA disabled ON for saver F award.
I would encourage you to interpret this benefit to mean that if you are ever looking for a business-class award on UA metal and it is unavailable, that you may call Reservations and ask them to ask a supervisor to force open IN/I inventory for you.

This may not be true but it can't hurt to ask
With the forthcoming devaluation & inflation of partner awards I fully expect even more demand for UA-metal premium cabin awards, on top of GPU, miles u/g, current I and O redemption.

It is time for UA to agressively manage and set aside premium inventory for top elites (such as IN).
Quote:
It is time for UA to agressively manage and set aside premium inventory for top elites (such as IN).
Quote: With the forthcoming devaluation & inflation of partner awards I fully expect even more demand for UA-metal premium cabin awards, on top of GPU, miles u/g, current I and O redemption.

Absolutely! It's about time UA did something positive for its elites. Not holding my breath here.
Quote: With the forthcoming devaluation & inflation of partner awards I fully expect even more demand for UA-metal premium cabin awards, on top of GPU, miles u/g, current I and O redemption.

You can't be serious?

Aren't going to happen with this "friendly" management.
Quote:
ROFL!!!!!
Quote: You can't be serious?

Aren't going to happen with this "friendly" management.
Why not? They could just shift some I inventory to IN. Good way to deal with all the Chase points held by not only nonelites, but non UA flyers.
Quote: The first time was amusing.

Also, thanks for the carefully reasoned response. A great addition to the discussion.
OK.

UA's book has huge liability of miles sold to Chase.

I think UA wants you to pay standard awards JN, not saver IN.

The difference is huge.
Quote: Why not? They could just shift some I inventory to IN. Good way to deal with all the Chase points held by not only nonelites, but non UA flyers.
They could. Just like they could restore the 2 RPUs to PMUA MMs. But they won't (save for legal action).

UA no longer likes it's (non-GS) elites.
Don't recall exact dates, but IIRC it was May travel when I was able to book TG 1st from NRT, something that wasn't available when I wasn't logged in.

Of course it didn't show up until two weeks before my travel date, but it was there for this 1K, as well as at least one other intra Asia flight in Biz @:-)

And I do see a little (little being the operative word here) more domestic FC availability when logged in v. searching as GM.

OK, got my asbestos suit on, flame away