Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CarefreeBA
CX Lounge Thread Wiki Post

Please post your lounge offer/request in the following format:
OFFER REQUEST dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / Airport Code / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName

New FT Members Only: If you cannot edit Wiki, put your offer/request in a post and report your post to notify moderators.

PM the person you want to meet.

In chronological order (expired offers/requests can be removed)

OFFER 11-APR-2024 / 14:00~15:45 / KIX / JL or whatever lounge provided by CX / ernestnywang
OFFER 12-APR-2024 / 12:00 - 15:00 / HKG / Chase Sapphire / HypnoticSpecter
REQUEST 12-APR-2024 / 12:00 - 15:00 / HKG / Any CX or QF / HypnoticSpecter
OFFER 16-APR-2024 / 22:00 - 23:59 / HKG / CX Pier J / CarefreeBA
REQUEST 16-APR-2024 / 22:00 - 23:59 / HKG / CX F / CarefreeBA
REQUEST 19-APR-2024 / 18:30 - 20:30 / HKG / CX WING F / tehbing
Print Wikipost

Lounge meet up Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Lounge meet up Master Thread

This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have.

It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
OFFER|REQUEST dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName

Eg, OFFER 32-JAN-2010 / 15:00 / HKG / Wing J / sxc

By keeping to this format, you should be able to search this thread easily.
royng likes this.

Last edited by sxc; Oct 26, 2013 at 4:05 am
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN, Hertz Circle Gold Plus
REQUEST / 29-OCT-2013 / 16:45 / HKG / T1 any x 2 / qud18
Old Oct 26, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue (SILV), BA GOLD
REQUEST / 30-OCT-2013 / 7:15 / HKG / Wing F / JCR7
REQUEST / 10-NOV-2013 / 20:00 / HKG / Wing F / JCR7
Old Oct 29, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN, Hertz Circle Gold Plus
Hi, anyone here to invite me now?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You gotta realise that there are a vast number of non CX elites but OW elites traveling as well. So having a thread here copying on the initial success like the SQ Lounge thread may not work as there are not enough regular loyal members here.

Better for lounge die hards to hang aroung lounge entrances and wear a T shirt or wave a flag that says " I'm a FlyerTalker. Please invite me into the lounge!"

I sometimes scan the sitting areas and see single people siting alone and have wandered over to ask them if they'd like to come into the lounge with me. I'm surprised at the number of people who actually said no! Mind you this was in Sydney or London. Haven't tried it in HK yet.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I sometimes scan the sitting areas and see single people siting alone and have wandered over to ask them if they'd like to come into the lounge with me. I'm surprised at the number of people who actually said no!
Must have thought you were offering them 'candy'
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: CX DM
It shouldn't be difficult to adapt GPS-based dating apps (a la Growlr) for something like this. It can target lounges by any airline at any airport.

Travelers who wish to be invited - they can pay for the app at download, or per use. Can give a brief description of themselves, preferably with a facepic too. Elites / premium pax who wish to invite others - similarly could pay per listing, and can also set a price for each invite that can be transacted outside of the app.

Especially since I don't think inviting strangers (even for a fee) to a lounge is against the rules, I am surprised nothing like this has been put together yet.

In the absence of such an app, for me personally, I do try to look around the entrance area to see if I can spot someone (cute) who wish to be invited when I am lucky to be flying near the front. It's just good karma for when I am not.

Last edited by marcuslai; Oct 30, 2013 at 4:54 am Reason: changed app name from grindr to growlr; i prefer the latter, wink wink
Old Oct 30, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Better for lounge die hards to hang aroung lounge entrances and wear a T shirt or wave a flag that says " I'm a FlyerTalker. Please invite me into the lounge!"
If I see a FT bag tag, I'll usually ask if they need guesting.

OTOH, this thread might work, no harm in trying!

I have a few as yet unconfirmed flights coming up in the next week and once I have the details I'll post back here (in addition to the thread in Qantas sub-forum, where I'd usually post for lounge access).
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by marcuslai
I do try to look around the entrance area to see if I can spot someone (cute) who wish to be invited when I am lucky to be flying near the front. It's just good karma for when I am not.
Also a good way to pick up nice looking ladies
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by jona970318
Also a good way to pick up nice looking ladies
Based on the note he left when he edited his post, I'm not sure that's his target demographic. I've seen stories on other FT boards about people using the lounge invite as a pick-up strategy, though, with mixed success.

Back on topic, I'm afraid I share Guy's skepticism about whether this will work, although I'm open to being proven wrong on that. One other interesting #firstworldproblem I suspect we'll have: Since HKG as an airport operates so efficiently, I suspect a lot of our HKG-based FTers (like me) don't end up getting to the airport super early. That leaves narrower windows available for guesting.

Maybe what FT needs is master lounge threads in each of the alliance forums?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
Based on the note he left when he edited his post, I'm not sure that's his target demographic. I've seen stories on other FT boards about people using the lounge invite as a pick-up strategy, though, with mixed success.

Back on topic, I'm afraid I share Guy's skepticism about whether this will work, although I'm open to being proven wrong on that. One other interesting #firstworldproblem I suspect we'll have: Since HKG as an airport operates so efficiently, I suspect a lot of our HKG-based FTers (like me) don't end up getting to the airport super early. That leaves narrower windows available for guesting.

I think FT does have lounge meetup and flight meetup calender under the member's section. But I can see that it's rarely used
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:09 pm
Suspended

You gotta realise that there are a vast number of non CX elites but OW elites traveling as well. So having a thread here copying on the initial success like the SQ Lounge thread may not work as there are not enough regular loyal members here.

I sometimes scan the sitting areas and see single people siting alone and have wandered over to ask them if they'd like to come into the lounge with me. I'm surprised at the number of people who actually said no! Mind you this was in Sydney or London. Haven't tried it in HK yet.
There was a thread on BA condemning such behaviour. It is actually irresponsible of u. Do u know that person? and will he/she cause problems in the lounge? We r already complaining about lounge overcrowding and people with bad manners in the lounge. Do we really need to have more homeless people in the lounge now?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
But how often do members check that forum? Especially newbies.
I know I haven't visited that section for a while. Many FTers don't even know there's a "Hong Kong" forum!

Originally Posted by jona970318
I think FT does have lounge meetup and flight meetup calender under the member's section. But I can see that it's rarely used
It's actually quite actively used.
Just not for CX flyers / FTers based out of HKG.

By no means is it perfect, but at least there's a thread out here started. Those that wish to share their invites or request for one, may do so. Not that it will be guarantee you'll find a match. But hey, like many things - if you don't ask...you don't get it. And plus, like many members posted above, it's its a good way to meet up with fellow FT members / 'cute' passengers.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:44 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Let's see how this thread goes. If there's not much real activity, we can let it float away.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX GO, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I think this is a fantastic idea and could not care less about lounge over-crowding. More than happy to extend my membership perks. All those years I flew without any status and always thought wouldn't it be nice if somebody guested me in and then since getting status I have always thought wouldn't it be nice if I could guest somebody in so here goes:

OFFER/10-NOV-2013/16:00/HKG/The Bridge/CuiDawei

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.