20% off at CVS [requires flu vaccination, one order, terms exclude GC]?

Subscribe
I was in CVS tonight and noticed signs all over the store for 20% off your entire purchase if you get a flu shot. The fine print says not to be used on GC, but I wondered if they are good about enforcing that.

They said you can use the coupon through March, or something like that, so it might be possible to hold onto it until you find a cashier who doesn't read carefully (unless it is coded in their computers to not work). If anyone tries it, let me know if you have luck!
Quote: I was in CVS tonight and noticed signs all over the store for 20% off your entire purchase if you get a flu shot. The fine print says not to be used on GC, but I wondered if they are good about enforcing that.

They said you can use the coupon through March, or something like that, so it might be possible to hold onto it until you find a cashier who doesn't read carefully (unless it is coded in their computers to not work). If anyone tries it, let me know if you have luck!
I'd much rather get some VRs than a flu shot
In best case scenario all FT community could be vaccinated at CVS
20% off 5,000 GC order.... Hmmm... Keep dreaming.

Will be blocked at the registry. It is not Staples.
20%
I was only hoping for 20% off $500... still, that would be $100!
dudeeeee. i can go to the plasma donation center then get a flu shot at CVS and maybe pay close to nothing for my VR of the day!!!
is there a doctor in the house?? might it be hazardous to my health if i get one flu shot per day? EPIC win!!!
do you think lack of blood plus the flu shot plus the joy of scratching a VR might get me high??
Quote: I was in CVS tonight and noticed signs all over the store for 20% off your entire purchase if you get a flu shot. The fine print says not to be used on GC, but I wondered if they are good about enforcing that.

I'm sure it is hard coded into their computer system not to allow gift/prepaid cards (or stamps, money orders, prescriptions, or the other exclusions) just like all of the coupons they have for $X off a purchase of $Y, ExtraCare Bucks, etc. In general the CVS computer system enforces coupon rules to the letter.

You can stack multiple types of coupons at CVS, though, so if you combine that with some of the coupons for $X off purchase of a type of item, $X off any purchase of $Y, and a weekly sale price, you can get some very cheap items sometimes. The $X off a purchase of $Y coupons will sometimes print on your receipts if you use your ExtraCare card when you buy VR, and you can get coupons for specific types of items (e.g. $2 off an $8 purchase of CVS brand mouthwash) by scanning your card at the automated machine they have. If you link your ExtraCare card to an email address and sign up to get email deals you can also get things like $3 free ExtraCare Bucks or 25% off a purchase coupons emailed to you. The return on time invested is better for buying VR than trying to get a bunch of 50 cent tubes of toothpaste by stacking multiple coupons, but if you're already going to CVS for VR anyway it doesn't hurt to do a little couponing while you're there.
I heard in China you can get 100k UA miles per kidney. Good deal?
Quote: I heard in China you can get 100k UA miles per kidney. Good deal?
Not really but if they agreed to fly me there in Singapore first then yeah I'm in.

I'm pretty confident this won't work. They regularly have 25% off coupons and these definitely do not work.