DIA: New waiting area

Subscribe
http://www.9news.com/news/article/35...w-waiting-area

Quote:
The restaurants include the first-ever Denver metro-area Dunkin' Donuts - which includes a 24-hour drive-thru - ZPizza, which offers organic ingredients, Subway and Baja Fresh Mexican Grill.

Visitors will also have access to free Wi-Fi in the building and the parking lot. There is a children's seating area with iPads built into the tables, as well as lounge seating, flight information display boards and access to the adjacent Conoco fueling station.
The article doesn't say if this is supposed to replace or supplement the 45-minute waiting area. I'm guessing supplement--the 45-minute lot is packed to the gills every time I drive by it.
Forget the waiting area, DIA needs more close-in parking. The Garage lots are full every Tuesday around noon and only free up on Thursday. I literally won't book flights that leave Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday if I can avoid it, just because of this.
Quote: http://www.9news.com/news/article/35...w-waiting-area

The article doesn't say if this is supposed to replace or supplement the 45-minute waiting area. I'm guessing supplement--the 45-minute lot is packed to the gills every time I drive by it.
The news videos are your friend. The old 45-minute lot is closed; the new lot has 253 spaces, more than double the old lot.

This is essentially on the site of the Conoco gas station. I wonder if the restaurants get to charge 10% more than market rate like the gas station gets to?
Quote: Forget the waiting area, DIA needs more close-in parking. The Garage lots are full every Tuesday around noon and only free up on Thursday. I literally won't book flights that leave Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday if I can avoid it, just because of this.
Tell me. Last Wednesday, all the Garage parking was full and I got the last row in the economy lot. On the bright side, I got plenty of exercise and only paid $24 for my day and a half stay. With Mrs. SFO777, I use valet parking. Is that an option on Tuesday/Wednesday or does it fill up as well?
Let's continue the parking discussion, please, here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west/...idated+parking

Thanks!

cblaisd
Moderator, The West forum
Quote: This is essentially on the site of the Conoco gas station. I wonder if the restaurants get to charge 10% more than market rate like the gas station gets to?
I bet it'll be like airport restaurant pricing, so more like 40% mark-up.

I do like how EWR had signs all over the place citing a law stating the pricing of goods must be equivalent to prices found in NYC.
I want to go just to check out the Dunkin Doughnuts. They were supposed to build several in the Denver area a year or so ago but haven't heard anything of that venture recently.

I have used the previous cellphone lot. Man, was that the worst place. It was always crowded.
Its tempting to just go to get some Dunkin doughnuts. I had to drive to the terminal today; all of the close economy lots were full, the valet parking on the east side was closed, but thankfully the short term parking had a few spots. The only thing open for regular parking was the Pikes Peak lot. They really need a couple of high-rise parking garages closer in, although the Pikes Peak shuttle buses are pretty quick.
9News says it's the first Dunkin' Donuts ever in Denver, but I clearly remember one at Monaco and Leetsdale in the 80s.

Unless I'm senile.
Make that 2 Denver Dunkin' Donuts opening the same day.....

DIA + 366 Broadway [per the Westword]

Sure - they'll rake in the bucks on Broadway but that area's already a mess.
Quote: Make that 2 Denver Dunkin' Donuts opening the same day.....

DIA + 366 Broadway [per the Westword]

Sure - they'll rake in the bucks on Broadway but that area's already a mess.
Sweet. That is a little bit closer. Though I wonder how the parking situation is in that area. I will have to check it out the next time I am down that way.

Of course, I am still waiting for the Voodoo doughnuts location to open up on Colfax. The Denver Post said it should be around Thanksgiving.