Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, QR Silver, LeClub Accor Silver, PC Plat
Arrow Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Hilton to take over Hotel Concorde Opéra in Paris
Sep 8, 2013

After having sold most of its properties to Qatar, Concorde Hotels is reported to have agreed to sell for 250 million euros the Concorde Opéra Hotel in Paris to Blackstone, the investment fund which controls Hilton Worldwide. The Concorde Opera has 266 keys of which 40 suites and is strategically located downtown near Gare Saint Lazare. The property also has extensive conference space with 12 rooms and two restaurants. In 1989, the building underwent some structural renovation works.

Hilton lost its only property in Paris, earlier this year, when its property became Hotel du Collectionneur, which is now part of Preferred.

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/hilton-to-...pera-in-paris/
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Well this would certainly be welcome news. And in a better locale than the demised Arc de Triumphe property.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:18 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This article is in French only, but the sale seems to have been confirmed:

http://www.lhotellerie-restauration....tot-Hilton.htm

Hopefully Blackstone will put it under a Hilton flag
Old Sep 10, 2013, 9:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
This article is in French only, but the sale seems to have been confirmed:

http://www.lhotellerie-restauration....tot-Hilton.htm

Hopefully Blackstone will put it under a Hilton flag
Looking at it and considering it's Paris, a Waldorf is thinkable too... what a magnificient property it is!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:42 am

One can only imagine how many award points per night it will be. In any case, this is good news.

Bobette
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:47 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
Looking at it and considering it's Paris, a Waldorf is thinkable too... what a magnificient property it is!
The building itself and the public spaces are indeed quite grand, but if you look at real world photos on Tripadvisor, it's clear that the rooms would need to be drastically renovated for this to be a WA. (Actually, I think a renovation would be due even to meet Hilton brand standards.)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:47 pm

Hilton back in Paris soon?

What is the typical turnaround time for a purchased property to show up for online booking? I have a Paris stay next month, but I assume that's crazy to think this place would be an option.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Renovation and reservation opening timings are not predictable. Have a look at the property add master thread and see how opening dates slide by years from what may be first announced.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: HHonnors Diamond, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dw
The building itself and the public spaces are indeed quite grand, but if you look at real world photos on Tripadvisor, it's clear that the rooms would need to be drastically renovated for this to be a WA. (Actually, I think a renovation would be due even to meet Hilton brand standards.)
Agreed... unless they slap a doubletree tag on it, renovations are needed for WA or Hilton (or Conrad for that matter).

The photos of the renovated Arc property look great (although the rooms look the same... it appears the common area's were updated)... still ticked they left the Hilton Family
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Paris Hilton

So would they call it the Paris Hilton? Badabump
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by saneman
Since they already have (and had) properties in Paris, they will probably call it Hilton Paris Opéra (or similar).
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by saneman
I'm waiting for the video.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by honker
Hilton to take over Hotel Concorde Opéra in Paris
Sep 8, 2013

After having sold most of its properties to Qatar, Concorde Hotels is reported to have agreed to sell for 250 million euros the Concorde Opéra Hotel in Paris to Blackstone, the investment fund which controls Hilton Worldwide. The Concorde Opera has 266 keys of which 40 suites and is strategically located downtown near Gare Saint Lazare. The property also has extensive conference space with 12 rooms and two restaurants. In 1989, the building underwent some structural renovation works.

Hilton lost its only property in Paris, earlier this year, when its property became Hotel du Collectionneur, which is now part of Preferred.

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/hilton-to-...pera-in-paris/
Finally! Looks like a property with a lot of possibilities. Yes, some of the TripAdvisor pictures are less the flattering, but it also looks like they might be in the middle of a renovation. I'm sure the Suites, Deluxe and Superior rooms will be, or have been, getting the priority.

I'll be following the developments with great interest!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Isn't there a "Hilton Paris La Defense" in Paris downtown? What do you think about this property? I am thinking to stay there for a few nights in December. There seems to be a Metro station right next to the hotel.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Tintin
Isn't there a "Hilton Paris La Defense" in Paris downtown? What do you think about this property? I am thinking to stay there for a few nights in December. There seems to be a Metro station right next to the hotel.
This hotel has its own thread with some fairly recent posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.