Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & Cathay Pacific Lounges 2A-2C (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Paris Charles De GaulleAdmirals Club
Link to CDG airport information on aa.com
Link to CDG airport website (English version)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

American Airlines Admirals Club
Location: Terminal 2 past security in connector for Terminals 2A and 2C, level 2, adjacent to the Cathay Pacific lounges. See map below. (As of 1 Aug 2013, the Admirals Club is no longer in the Terminal 2A Satellite terminal, Gates A37-A39).

Note: International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security. If you have a same day departing flight boarding pass, you may proceed back airside T 2A/C; otherwise you will be barred entry.

This lounge may not be used for arrivals. Arriving international passengers must pass through France / EU immigration and customs, proceeding landside.

Hours:
For current schedule, please see here.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class LoungeClosed
Print Wikipost

CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & Cathay Pacific Lounges 2A-2C (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

[
CDG / Paris Charles de Gaulle -Roissy International Airport
Admirals Club and Cathay Pacific First and Business Lounges
(Adjacent, in the Connector Between Terminals 2A and 2C

Last edited by JDiver; May 10, 2015 at 5:34 pm Reason: update
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
The new admirals club is now open between 2C and 2A next to the Cathy Pacific lounge. I flew out yesterday (August 1st 2013) and they said it was the first day for the lounge. It was very nice and airy. The end of the lounge is a large panoramic view of the runway and gates with lots of great plane spotting. The food was limited which they said was due to it being the first day. There are showers available in the lounge. It is one large open room rather than multiple areas as in the old lounge. Free wifi and lots of plugs everywhere with a variety of seating options.

Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MorganB
The new admirals club is now open between 2C and 2A next to the Cathy Pacific lounge. I flew out yesterday (August 1st 2013) and they said it was the first day for the lounge. It was very nice and airy. The end of the lounge is a large panoramic view of the runway and gates with lots of great plane spotting. The food was limited which they said was due to it being the first day. There are showers available in the lounge. It is one large open room rather than multiple areas as in the old lounge. Free wifi and lots of plugs everywhere with a variety of seating options.

Thanks for the update and pictures. Next time through I'll try to check it out, although I found the new CX Lounge quite nice this past spring. Hope they up the food offerings from the previous CDG AC, otherwise it can't compete.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks for the updated information, MorganB. New thread begun, old thread archived. I suspect the Cathay Pacific lounges will see more AA-flying Flyertalkers.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 1:06 am

Location: Laguna Beach, CA; Former DL everything, now AA/AS everything; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; and all that other stuff!!
Originally Posted by JDiver
Thanks for the updated information, MorganB. New thread begun, old thread archived. I suspect the Cathay Pacific lounges will see more AA-flying Flyertalkers.
I am in the lounge this morning waiting for 49; yes, new AA lounge is nice, but Cathay Pacific lounge has a warmer feeling at reception and throughout the lounge. Both are about the same size with different floor plan; same panoramic windows; hot breakfast in Cathay, but not in AA. Entrance located down hallway next to Hermes store right after duty free.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Sniff. I'll miss the old AC, but purely for sentimental reasons. Lots of nice memories of waiting in there back when I was living in France.

I used the CX lounge three or four times over the past six months and found it to be excellent. Got to the airport a little early on my last trip so I could gorge myself on champers and noodles before sleeping all the way to… London. Haha.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
IF AA doesn't improve the AC offer, I could see the CX Lounge not allowing access to AA Premium passengers/elite.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by B7e7US
IF AA doesn't improve the AC offer, I could see the CX Lounge not allowing access to AA Premium passengers/elite.
That would be in violation of One World rules. But perhaps more importantly, most people don't know they have options. look at LHR. The BA lounges are hands over fists better than AA yet my guess is 90%+ of AA fliers user the AA lounge.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by B7e7US
This would not be in keeping with oneworld lounge access policies, and I'm unaware of any oneworld lounge that so restricts passengers. Besides, if it were to happen it would seem that LHR T3 would be the place to do it, given the expansive difference in lounge quality between the AA lounges and those from BA and CX. But even with the huge difference, I'm told* that the AA lounges still get quite busy.

* I am relying on anecdotal evidence from others as I no longer go to the AA lounges at LHR for any reason.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by JDiver
I had pretty much switched over to Cathay's lounge, but I was curious to try the new AC, which as of early June, my most recent departure from CDG-2A, was due to open on June 15. Hey, what's 6 weeks' delay?

If AC's food offerings were limited because it was the first day, I hope that means an improvement in their catering, which had gone from unimpressive to mediocre over the last few years. Cathay's isn't all THAT great but the noodles-to-order bar is miles better than the AC's skimpy, dried-out tea sandwiches and industrial chocolate chip cookies.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 8:57 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Microwave
This would not be in keeping with oneworld lounge access policies, and I'm unaware of any oneworld lounge that so restricts passengers. Besides, if it were to happen it would seem that LHR T3 would be the place to do it, given the expansive difference in lounge quality between the AA lounges and those from BA and CX. But even with the huge difference, I'm told* that the AA lounges still get quite busy.

* I am relying on anecdotal evidence from others as I no longer go to the AA lounges at LHR for any reason.
I see. Was not aware that this would violate oneworld policies, since other alliances do this at several locations.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 2:28 pm

Good riddance to the basement dungeon at the end of the airport.

I hope the new club has cameras to deter theft... my roll aboard was stolen from the old club in July.

I knew I should have gone to the CX lounge!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:23 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by learjet45
Good riddance to the basement dungeon at the end of the airport.

I hope the new club has cameras to deter theft... my roll aboard was stolen from the old club in July.

I knew I should have gone to the CX lounge!
If an item is pilfered within airport property (especially a lounge), it has to go somewhere. Since the (old) AA lounge was deep in the airport, it is unlikely that the thief left the airport--and assuming they do not have access to the inner core of the airport (which only a CDG employee has), my guess is they would bring it to a restroom, and loot its contents there.
How long was the time from entering until you found it missing?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Just flew in from CDG, and went to the CX lounge.

The lounge is spacious and airy, with food options far better than the AC next door ( hot and cold food, salad and noodle bar, coffee machines, biscuits and pastries).

It is a MASSIVE improvement compared to the old lounges, making the flights out of CDG less painful

Ans, for smokers, there's an outdoor corner about 10m from the lounges, located close to the elevators.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
And, for smokers, [...]
Well, it is France, after all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.