What happened to ebay gift cards?

Subscribe
I used to but a lot of ebay gift cards since I have several cards that have good grocery store bonuses, plus I would get tons of Kroger and/or Tom Thumb (Safeway) fuel points that way since gift cards are 2x or sometimes 4x points. But a few months ago all the Krogers in the DFW area that I have checked ran out and never restocked. Now I am not finding that at Tom Thumb (Safeway) either. Has anyone found them recently?
I stopped seeing them in Northern NY stores late last year
They are still stocked in ATL but I dont believe they have a high turn over rate. So I dont know if they would be replenished once current stock are depleted. Haven't seen any deals on ebay cards either. Not like the recent best buy one.
A few weeks ago during the 4x promo, ebay cards in ATL were no where to be found. Happened to be in Rome, GA one weekend and found a huge stash.

Haven't looked lately. Will do next time.
They had them at pavilions in SoCal last week, $25 and $50 denominations.
I have checked several so cal places and they have always been oos.
I even asked the clerk about them and they said they just brought out a bunch a couple days ago.
Maybe someone bought them all.
This was about two months ago and they still have not replenish their supply.
However, places around me take 2-3 months to replenish supply so I do not think they are gone, just taking a long time to receive some more.
I haven't figured out a way to make this profitable via churn. could someone pm me the general idea since I've found them several places and wondered what to do with them
Quote: I haven't figured out a way to make this profitable via churn. could someone pm me the general idea since I've found them several places and wondered what to do with them
Same here - what is the big deal about ebay GC?
Quote: Same here - what is the big deal about ebay GC?
For me, I don't know if it can really be considered a true churn. I happen to buy and resell a lot of items on ebay. I'm going to buy lot's of stuff on ebay whether I can find gift cards or not, but if I can find the gift cards it makes it even more profitable for me due to getting the grocery store bonus on my credit card and the gas discount. The key is finding things you can resell at a profit, or buying things you need anyway at a discount.

For example, let's say I buy $1,000 worth of goods in July on eBay. If I use my Chase Freedom I'll get 1110 UR points. If I am able to find ebay gift cards at Kroger or Tom Thumb/Safeway I will get 6% cash back on my AMEX blue cash, plus $1 off per gallon of gas on my next two fuel purchases. Let's say 35 gallons combined on two fill ups so that's $95 in cash/savings total between the credit card reward and fuel reward.
Quote: Let's say 35 gallons combined on two fill ups so that's $95 in cash/savings total between the credit card reward and fuel reward.
You need to invest in a couple five gallon gas cans to maximize your return. Part of my justification for getting a new truck was the 32 gallon fuel tank to maximize my fuel point payback with only one can.
We had one local store that still had them (as of yesterday). They scanned at the register, as they normally would, cc used for payment, then the GC activation failed. Had to have cc refunded at customer service. Store associate called someone and found out that they (Kroger) were no longer allowed to sell the eBay GCs and thus, GC activation failed.

There went my cheap gas :-(
Found some $50 dollar gift cards at Staples and used my Ink + for purchase for those who buy on eBay and want to get 5x points.
Thought there was a way to redeem the remaining balance to Paypal but I guess not.
Any insights?
Quote: Found some $50 dollar gift cards at Staples and used my Ink + for purchase for those who buy on eBay and want to get 5x points.
Thought there was a way to redeem the remaining balance to Paypal but I guess not.
Any insights?
Late to the party.

They came back about a month ago and have been selling at 10% off quite frequently
Quote: Late to the party.

They came back about a month ago and have been selling at 10% off quite frequently
Better late than never lol
10% off where?
Quote: Found some $50 dollar gift cards at Staples and used my Ink + for purchase for those who buy on eBay and want to get 5x points.
Any insights?
Thanks for the update. I have been buying them at Kroger for about the past month but did not know they had popped up at Staples as well. That is good to know. The remaining balance does get redeemed to your paypal account but it is not part of your cash balance. It shows up under Wallet-->eBay Gift Cards and can only be used for future ebay purchases...can't be withdrawn to bank account.