Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Quote: My in-laws are going to apply for a few credit cards. Something like one of the AA cards, Ink Bold (the plus one), USAir, and maybe one other.

I understand that you can only do one AA per day. So they would wait a few days and get the second AA card.

Is there a thought as to doing Personal and then another personal a few days later or should they do a Personal then biz a few days later. Surely they will do the 40k offer.

Furthermore, should they apply for a bunch of cards first (incl. one AA) and then the second AA card a few days later OR should they apply for one AA card and then a few days later apply for a bunch (incl. the 2nd AA card)

Thanks!
Though (from what I've read) CITI won't let you apply for another similar card, for example, applying for the 50k (now dead) Visa and then later applying for the Amex.
BUT, from the most recent reports, going back a page or two, it seems a few people were successful in doing just that...so there really isn't any sure answer. It is YMMV. You could try the Platinum select then the World Mastercard and then 65-70 days later, the Business.

As for your other question, the whole point of applying for multiple cards together is so that the respective CC companies won't see the other pulls, because they don't happen in real time(for the better part).
Applying for one card on Day 1 and then doing an AOR on Day 2, would reduce your chances of approval.

Stick to the rules.

Day 1- AOR with a personal platinum card.
Day 3- 2nd citi card.
Day 75- Citi business card.

Quote: Well, I may have the first counter to that. I applied through the "50k miles after $2500 spend in 4 months" personal AA visa link on 5/18. I just received the cards and sent a secure message to confirm the promotion terms.

Their reply was that I was enrolled in a promotion for 45,000 miles after $5000 spend in 4 months. That sound familiar to anyone? The doubled spending requirement is not a welcome detail...

They invited me to submit a copy of the "front and back of the offer you were solicited" in order to review it. Anyone have a screen shot of the 50k offer landing page?
Interesting...
Try calling again, I guess...Speak to a CSR and see what they say? Or speak the agent when you call the number to activate the card.

The point I was trying to get across was that there haven't been any reports of applying for the card and then being denied the points by Citi...Even in your case, they've changed the amount and the min. spend, but you're still getting points.
Quote: Well, I may have the first counter to that.
I think you didn't or failed to clear the cookies before you applied for the 50/2.5k offer.
It seems typical newbie mistake.
I applied last Tuesday for the 50k after $2500 spend in 4 months and confirmed it with the CSR today.
Quote:
Quote: Well, I may have the first counter to that.
I think you didn't or failed to clear the cookies before you applied for the 50/2.5k offer.
It seems typical newbie mistake.
Certainly could be. EDIT: My memory could be going...maybe I need to double check I didn't use link #2 instead of link #1 and maybe I'll end up with the AC passes...
Quote: The point I was trying to get across was that there haven't been any reports of applying for the card and then being denied the points by Citi...Even in your case, they've changed the amount and the min. spend, but you're still getting points.
Fair point, my apologies if it seemed I was impugning your statement...
Quote: Fair point, my apologies if it seemed I was impugning your statement...
It's all good!

Let us know of the outcome, either way.
Well.... Citi Gold Mastercard 30K link is now dead too.
1) It seems to be unclear whether you can apply for two Platinum Select cards within approximately 18 months. Is there any harm in trying? In other words, if you try and they say no because you applied for another in the time period, do they just ignore the app or does it count for purposes of the 65 day rule, etc.?

2) I recently got the 45,000 miles Plat Select with two AC passes. Citi says I get the passes 10-12 weeks after holding the card for one year and paying the annual fee. I thought it was about 3 months after getting the card. If I want the passes, how best to proceed?
Quote:
3. Up to $150 statement credits for the eligible AA purchases made within 12 months of cardmembership, 45k miles after $5,000 in purchases within the first 4 months, 2 AC passes. (Thanks to FT member jeanie)

VISA
AMEX
Business VISA
because I applied for this Visa using this link about a week ago. I activated the card yesterday and was told 50K miles after 3K spend in 4 months with up to $150 statement credit for AA purchase
Here is the application page for 30K gold card. I had the landing page open in my browser from yesterday
Awesome! I just confirmed that i got the 50k miles reward. I must have been one of the last ones to get it before they brought the link down. :-)
denied business card
I just called in to check the status of my business card app and was told I denied without the opportunity to give me prepared spill about my fake business. I was even going to order some stuff from Amazon and home depot for them to bill my fake business so I could show a bill to my fake business.

So I guess I have to wait for snail mail to why I was denied.

I was instantly approved for the personal plt card which had all the same info as the business card.

Do you think I was denied because I didn't follow the 65 day rule of applying for business card after personnel card? I only applied for one personnel card which was at least 24 hours after I applied for the personal card.

I was just approved for the chase ink card a couple of days ago
Quote: 2) I recently got the 45,000 miles Plat Select with two AC passes. Citi says I get the passes 10-12 weeks after holding the card for one year and paying the annual fee. I thought it was about 3 months after getting the card. If I want the passes, how best to proceed?
They are so inconsistent about passes, it's best to proceed right over to this thread and get them cheaply whenever you want: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ub-merged.html
Quote: Do you think I was denied because I didn't follow the 65 day rule of applying for business card after personnel card?
No, many (me included) got approved one personal and one business in 65 days.

I guess it's because of your fake business.
I also think invoices/receipts from Amazon and Home depot may not work at all to justfy the fake business.

Why not just use your real name as a business name?
I always input "zero" for years in business, revenue etc but still got approved with low-5 -digit CLs.
Quote: 1) It seems to be unclear whether you can apply for two Platinum Select cards within approximately 18 months. Is there any harm in trying? In other words, if you try and they say no because you applied for another in the time period, do they just ignore the app or does it count for purposes of the 65 day rule, etc.?
I believe a denial for "not a first customer" doesn't count, at least for the ave-18 months rule.

Just one data point from 2010-2011,
In 2010, I applied for AA plt but got declined for not-a-first-time.
It was about 13 months since the previous application.
6-7 months later, I applied for 2 plat cards(by 2BR) and got both approved.