Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Data point: Used 50k link in wikipost to signup, spent $3k+, got 50k miles posted 31 days after - surprisingly this process works well, despite the lack of signup bonus info/confirmation at initial form
Data point: instantly approved for Citi Business Mastercard through 50k signup link today, 12/11/13. Input sole proprietorship information with annual income of $1.2k. Will update if I receive 50k bonus as I did not see a landing page

Currently have Citi AA Visa Signature card with approval date of 4/28/13.
Have both the Visa Signature Platinum and the World MasterCard Platinum. Just called to cancel the Visa and transfer the credit line to the MC. She told me that Citi no longer allows one to move credit from one card to another. Before I tried HUCA, she offered me a $95 statement credit as well as a $150 statement credit after my next AA purchase. Think I'm gonna wait to HUCA
Quote: Data point: instantly approved for Citi Business Mastercard through 50k signup link today, 12/11/13. Input sole proprietorship information with annual income of $1.2k. Will update if I receive 50k bonus as I did not see a landing page

Currently have Citi AA Visa Signature card with approval date of 4/28/13.
$1.2k personal income or business revenue? How about credit score?
Quote: $1.2k personal income or business revenue? How about credit score?
Dear god I hope he isn't trying to survive on 1.2k / year....
Quote: Dear god I hope he isn't trying to survive on 1.2k / year....
Could be a student! or a filthy rich individual haha
Does Citi report these miles to the IRS on the 1099? I know for checking and savings account they did, but I was wondering if they do it for the credit card as well.
Quote: Does Citi report these miles to the IRS on the 1099? I know for checking and savings account they did, but I was wondering if they do it for the credit card as well.
Till date, haven't experienced or heard of Citi 1099ing miles from CC bonus / use.

Cheers!
Quote: Does Citi report these miles to the IRS on the 1099? I know for checking and savings account they did, but I was wondering if they do it for the credit card as well.
No, miles/points from credit card spend are considered a reduction in the cost basis of whatever you're buying, not outright income. However, if you otherwise deducted the cost of what you bought (i.e. business expenses, charitable contributions, ...) you may have an obligation to voluntarily report the value of the miles/points or adjust the cost basis.
Quote: Data point: Used 50k link in wikipost to signup, spent $3k+, got 50k miles posted 31 days after - surprisingly this process works well, despite the lack of signup bonus info/confirmation at initial form
What is the surprising part? The information here is all based on past experience. It would be more surprising if it didn't work.

Have fun on FT and enjoy the wealth of solid information.
I am trying to churn both AA and Hilton Citi cards.

I applied last night for the Citi AA Business card. When I called, the CSR said that they could extend a CL or only $1000 based on my personal credit lines with them. I could reduce a personal credit line. I did so and she put the additional credit line on my AA Business card.

So I have a few questions.

1. Since I have apparently maxed out on my credit for AA, how can I get a new HH card? Can I reduce my credit line on another card to make room for the new card? I'd only want about $2000 credit, since those cards have a $1000 minimum spend.

2. I have a personal AA card that I want to close before the annual fee comes due. Will that affect my ability to churn either the AA business or the HH card? (When I was talking with the CSR she noted that all my cards were still open which she said was "good."

3. I'd like to do at least two more business cards. Is churning the business card still possible?

4. Any thoughts about a really good AA offer when the two airlines finally actually merge?

Thanks
Quote: I am trying to churn both AA and Hilton Citi cards.

I applied last night for the Citi AA Business card. When I called, the CSR said that they could extend a CL or only $1000 based on my personal credit lines with them. I could reduce a personal credit line. I did so and she put the additional credit line on my AA Business card.

So I have a few questions.

1. Since I have apparently maxed out on my credit for AA, how can I get a new HH card? Can I reduce my credit line on another card to make room for the new card? I'd only want about $2000 credit, since those cards have a $1000 minimum spend.

4. Any thoughts about a really good AA offer when the two airlines finally actually merge?

Thanks
1. Even if you had a limit of 500$ you could still make the required spend. Just would take a bit longer.

4. I doubt it. But then again, I believe there will be a devaluation in the future. Just like every other carrier.

But congrats on the new card.
Data Point
Data Point

1st AA Visa Plat 50K 02/04/13 - Cancelled 11/15/13 after 1st retention rcvd
2nd AA Visa Plat 50K 07/18/13
3rd AA Visa Plat 50K 08/12/13
1st AA Business MC 50K 12/09/13
Quote: Data Point

1st AA Visa Plat 50K 02/04/13 - Cancelled 11/15/13 after 1st retention rcvd
2nd AA Visa Plat 50K 07/18/13
3rd AA Visa Plat 50K 08/12/13
1st AA Business MC 50K 12/09/13

Is this correct?
That doesn't jive with what the 1st post says.

I close on my mortgage on Wednesday. I'm ready to get moving on the AA cards again. It has been 2.5 years since the 75K miles cards.

According to the first post, you can only get one personal now? Any way to get two personal and the business? or, am I reading things wrong?
Thanks!
Quote: Is this correct?
That doesn't jive with what the 1st post says.

According to the first post, you can only get one personal now? Any way to get two personal and the business? or, am I reading things wrong?
Thanks!
The two aren't mutually exclusive. The other poster had the fortunate timing to get his 3rd card before the rules changed at the end of August.