Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
Also just got denied for my 3rd Plat card:
1/30/13 Citi AA Plat approved & still open
5/3/13 Citi AA Gold approved & still open
7/14/13 Citi AA Plat approved & still open
8/8/13 denied

FYI, I've opened 10 new cards this year, including 3 with Citi.
Quote: Card #1 visa plat 3/12 still open
Card #2 visa business 4/13 still open
Card #3 visa plat 50k with3k spend approved after a quick Phone call, 7/29

Waiting another8 days for card #4
Card #4 visa plat 50k applied, called and approved on 8/8

so currently i have 3 of the same card (VISA PLAT) and a Business Visa hope more cathay flights!

I also have couple of other citi products

Thank you!
Quote: Also just got denied for my 3rd Plat card
Did they give you a reason for the denial?

Feeling so frustrated at being denied, while others with equal numbers of Citi cards keep reporting acceptance.
Quote: June-26-2013: Instantly approved using the 50K link in the wiki
July-28-2013: Approved after a short chat (Had to move around Credit) - used the same 50K link in the wiki

For the second application, confirmed with CITI through a secured message about the sign up offer, I was told that i was enrolled in a special sign up offer of 50K bonus miles after 1k spend.
Can you provide any more detail on this? $1K spend would certainly make my life easier.
Quote: UGH Applied with wiki link on 7/30, was approved after moving partial CL from another AA card. Applied again today, now 9 days later, with cookies cleared and using in private browsing. Got "give us a week to respond" notice. Called recon minutes later, and was told I had already been declined. Because I just got the same card in July, and I "can't get the exact same card in that timeframe".

But they said my credit is fine, and I'm welcome to reapply in the future. I asked for the relevant "timeframe", but the CSR said she couldn't tell me, since "it is always changing". So now I have to wait until Oct 2 for any more Citi apps. Sigh.....
Well xxx. Sounds like their systems could finally be catching up. I think data points on August 8th applications are priority 1 right now...
I applied Mid July, called and verified the 50K bonus. Met the spending, and ready to apply the 2nd round.

For whatever reason, I could not figure out how to get OnLine Chat going, I ended up calling to get CL shifted. (I used Google Chrome if that matters). I really would like to OnLIne Chat this time around. Can some one advise how to get to the OnLine Chat?

Thanks!
Quote: UGH Applied with wiki link on 7/30, was approved after moving partial CL from another AA card. Applied again today, now 9 days later, with cookies cleared and using in private browsing. Got "give us a week to respond" notice. Called recon minutes later, and was told I had already been declined. Because I just got the same card in July, and I "can't get the exact same card in that timeframe".

But they said my credit is fine, and I'm welcome to reapply in the future. I asked for the relevant "timeframe", but the CSR said she couldn't tell me, since "it is always changing". So now I have to wait until Oct 2 for any more Citi apps. Sigh.....
Also, did they take a hard pull for the denial? Or was it like Barclays where it was flagged on their internal system before an inquiry was pulled?
Quote: Can you provide any more detail on this? $1K spend would certainly make my life easier.
Even I was surprised when i saw the secured message from CITI stating the lower spending requirement. I have already spent 1k on my 2nd card and the statement is due on 08/16/2013. I will report if i got 50k miles after 1k spend
just approved the #1 link visa plati but forgot to confirm the bonus. Is there anyone confirm the bonus today?

Did you talk to recon in Maryland or South Dakota? Anecdotally I think SD may be more pleasant. Anyone else care to chime in on that thought?
Quote: just approved the for the #1 link visa platimum but forgot to confirm the bonus. Is there anyone confirm the bonus today?
The agent confirmed the terms during the chat session today. I think you're fine, but just call the number on the back once you have the card and ask. That's what I did for my previous Plat Visa.
Quote: Did you talk to recon in Maryland or South Dakota? Anecdotally I think SD may be more pleasant. Anyone else care to chime in on that thought?
I got SD today and the agent was nice, but slow. I had to leave for a meeting while she was finalizing the credit limit transfer.
Quote: Well sh*t. Sounds like their systems could finally be catching up. I think data points on August 8th applications are priority 1 right now...
There are at least two other people who applied today and got approved.
Quote: I got SD today and the agent was nice, but slow. I had to leave for a meeting while she was finalizing the credit limit transfer.
Thanks. hope they didn't change the term~
Quote: I got SD today and the agent was nice, but slow. I had to leave for a meeting while she was finalizing the credit limit transfer.
+1. South Dakota I think is the direct number that I keep Copy& Paste-ing. Very lovely each time, "thank you for being a loyal Citi Cardmember" (if only they knew ). Takes a tad longer (mainly on hold), but I think this is due to them actually pushing the application through.

As I said, I was told during my Biz recon that she "had to get a signature from her supervisor?" Maybe $1,000 was under the minimum limit for the card. Maybe they marginally increased my exposure limit to approve me for the card.

Still, very happy with Citi Reconsideration! ^