G-ZZZA - Refurbished

Subscribe
Read this morning that 'Z Car' G-ZZZA re-entered into service yesterday to Newark with with New First and upgraded Business, Premium Economy and Economy cabins and THALES IFE.

Good news for those regularly tramping to ME and US East Coast.

BA Source not conclusive but ft dashboard shows as returning refurbished on 28th April: http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/b772.htm

G-ZZZB has just positioned down to Cardiff over the weekend for (hopefully) the same treatment meaning all the 'Z cars' will be as good as new by early summer.
Good - now we can get over all this nonsense about the ZZZs being "crates".
Quote: Good - now we can get over all this nonsense about the ZZZs being "crates".
Indeed, the planes I most wanted to avoid, Im now hoping to get!

V good news for me as a regular EWR and BOS traveller.

I have an F booked at Xmas time and the plane is currently showing the 17 seat F cabin, which Im looking forward to see in itself, just out of interest
According to the 'tracking NF' thread, the three ZZZ birds all have NF. It also shows only one 777 to have OF.
Quote: According to the 'tracking NF' thread, the three ZZZ birds all have NF. It also shows only one 777 to have OF.
It's slightly deceptive - G-ZZZB is actually in Cardiff now getting it's NF/NWT+/NWT fitted, as is G-VIIC, so they're not actually flying at present. But it is correct that only one 777 is actually still in service with OF, and that's G-VIIS
Maybe a tracking VIIS thread?

Woo hoo Might move my allegiance back to BA for my MCT flights next year.. This is good news.

Still 17 F on these planes??
Quote: Woo hoo Might move my allegiance back to BA for my MCT flights next year.. This is good news.

Still 17 F on these planes??
Yup
For those that have flown on the 17F version in F does it feel less spacious than the 12 or 14 F configs?

Also does the service suffer with 17F?

Finally any seats to recommend or avoid as a couple travelling?
Quote: For those that have flown on the 17F version in F does it feel less spacious than the 12 or 14 F configs?

Also does the service suffer with 17F?

Finally any seats to recommend or avoid as a couple travelling?
If anything the cabin feels more spacious because it is a larger space.

I cannot speak for service levels since the only time I flew on one of these aircraft in F there were only four passengers in F, and one was a small child!

In terms of seat recommendations I would go for row three or four. On the 'A' side and in the centre row five is between row four and the galley. On the 'K' side there is a shelf point between row four and the galley, or at least there was in Old F.

You can see the gap between row 4 and the galley in the background of the photo below (albeit with old F):

This image shows to some extent the space (albeit with old F):

i was on ZZZA today to Philly in F, and what a world of difference. was on it about a year ago in club world and it was the worst BA plane i've been on, with shabby seats, ventilation panels falling off, and terrible loop IFE. i think it's now one of the best BA planes!
Quote: i was on ZZZA today to Philly in F, and what a world of difference. was on it about a year ago in club world and it was the worst BA plane i've been on, with shabby seats, ventilation panels falling off, and terrible loop IFE. i think it's now one of the best BA planes!
Flew on this on the other day in CW. Looked filthy and old with seat components scratched, dinged and with loose components.

I assume the 2013 refurb only involved IFE retrofit in CW while all other classes actually got new seats as well?
Indeed, was on ZZZA in WTP a few weeks ago. The window surround was taped in place, and my seat had two positions: upright or collapsed against the bulkhead wall behind it. Not impressive.