New Offer for Citi Executive AAdvantage card in Admirals Club? 50k/$5k

Subscribe
Was just in BOS Admiral's Club, saw a pamphlet for the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Elite Mastercard.

In addition to the standard perks:

"Plus, you can now earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage Bonus Miles after you make $5,000 in purchases within three months of becoming a cardmember.

Call 1-800-505-1648 or mail in the attached application form to start your journey today. "

There is a series of numbers on the bottom of the Application Form, so YMMV on cold calling.

Yes, $450 annual fee not waived.

-Jeff
Must be new. Didn't see anything at JFK AC two weeks ago.
50K offer for the card is very common nowadays.
At least one major blog has a link to the offer.

Needless to say, $450 annual fee will not be waived.
Ah, didn't realize, thanks supergrandslam. Also, just in case, added warning line about annual fee.
I was shocked to see the offer for the first time as I appplied for the card with 25k or 30k bonus 2 years ago.

But the earning AA million miller miles from the card was the only reason why I applied for the card.

Now that benefit has gone, 50k offer looks not enough to attract new holders. Even 100k offer may not be enough in my view.

By the way, for those who may want to apply for the card, below is the link to the 50k/$5k offer.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/credit...-credit-cards/

It is clear that the blogger is not familiar with the card though.
"The Citi AAdvantage Explorer", ...

Quote:
■50,000 AAdvantage miles after spending $5,000 on the Citi AAdvantage Explorer within 3 months.
450$ fee is not waived...so it is not worth.
Quote: 50K offer for the card is very common nowadays.
At least one major blog has a link to the offer.

Needless to say, $450 annual fee will not be waived.
Actually, while the 50K offer has supposedly been out for a few weeks, in reality the link never worked (in the past few weeks anyway). Whoever click from the landing page will be treated to a system error.

If the OP's physical offer in the BOS admirals club is legit, then it seems like calling with the invitation code is the only way to get the 50K offer.
Sitting in the JFK admirals club right now... pretty sure I saw that same brochure on our way in; non-fee waiver sucks.
Quote: 450$ fee is not waived...
Card is bundled with Admirals Club membership. If you do not value the membership it's unlikely this card provides good value.
Quote:
It is clear that the blogger is not familiar with the card though.
"The Citi AAdvantage Explorer", ...
Or it could be a typo, since the heading had the correct card name....
Quote: Or it could be a typo, since the heading had the correct card name....
MMS, since you posted that deal the application link has lead to "If you need immediate assistance, please call the Customer Service number on the back of your card or on your statement."

Do you have a working link? I haven't been able to find one.

However, I was at the JFK AC last night and picked up two brochures with the 50k offer so it seems like they are being placed in the clubs. Good deal if you value AC access and can get the 10k EQMs, which I value at around $500.
Quote: I was shocked to see the offer for the first time as I appplied for the card with 25k or 30k bonus 2 years ago.
Are you really shocked they wouldn't offer the best deal out of the door?

There's going to be an audience that will apply regardless, let them get in and then create a bigger (more expensive) carrot for those customers on the edge.
new 50k executive master card offer
seems like the invite only admirals club off may be real, however the million mile secrets blog link does not work. (landing page works, however application does not)
Does anyone know how this card relates to the 'regular' Citi Amex/Visa offers that are floating around? I know the usual rule that you have to wait 18 months between applications, but does that apply to this card as well, or is it considered a separate product? In other words, could I apply for the 'regular' Citi Visa and then also apply for this card? Or if I've gotten one of those cards recently do I have to wait 18 months for this one?

Thanks in advance!
"This Citi / AAdvantage card offer is only valid for new Citi / AAdvantage accounts applied for pursuant to this offer and excludes any other Citi / AAdvantage credit cards offered."

I have an existing Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard - does this mean that I don't qualify for this 50K bonus?