Secret AA Manifest Codes

Old Feb 26, 2000, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Secret AA Manifest Codes

Does anybody know the translations for the codes used on the American Airline's flight manifest? There are at least six two-letter codes after my name, including AD, PL, SC, OB and LF. The first one is probably adirals club, the second platinum.

Any hints on the others? DOes somebody have the complete list?
Old Feb 26, 2000, 1:50 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

On United, MP means you want mustard pretzels.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

[This message has been edited by MileageAddict (edited 02-26-2000).]
Old Feb 26, 2000, 2:48 pm

i agree, the PL is probably Platinum.
Old Feb 27, 2000, 12:54 pm

I know that OB means outbound, and you're right about PL and AD. I don't know the others you mention, I think TT means Ticketless Travel.
Old Feb 27, 2000, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't remember what they all are, but they're not secret. I was chatting with a couple of flight attendants in the galley a while back, next to where the list was posted. They were quite happy to decipher all of mine and didn't act like they were doing anything naughty. Just don't ask when they're busy.
Old Nov 30, 2000, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
A flight attendant recently told me that SC means "security checked". On this flight, everyone had it.

There was another column of mysterious codes to the left of the name. Everyone except me and one other passenger had them; they were things like "BF2" and "BO4". Does anyone know what they mean?
Old Nov 30, 2000, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
I was told once that the codes on the manifest also identify the type of ticket an individual is flying on, discount, full fare, upgraded etc. This is mostly important so that the agents could determine who to give operational upgrades first in case of an oversold cabin (full fare EXP get upgraded first, then full fare PLT, then full fare GLD etc. before a nobody flying on a discount ticket). I don't know if this is true, but it sounded reasonable/logical to me?
Old Nov 30, 2000, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
My codes at the time even indicated that I was flying on an e-ticket, though the flight crew wouldn't care. I think AA computers store one set of codes with all the info anyone would need (the person printing out my boarding pass has to know if I'm on an e-ticket) and print them all any time they print someone's info. So, in any given situation, a lot of the codes are irrelevant. People who work only in that situation might reasonably not be expected to know what they mean.

As for operational upgrades, I think it works mostly by status, then by fare paid within a status level. An EXP on the cheapest discount ticket is moved forward before us lowly PLTs, even if we paid full fare. (There's only one cure for that problem: fly more. As of Dec. 18th, I'm in!!!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.