Upper Deck economy seats on the A380

Subscribe
The new configuration of Airbus A380, seems to now have 5 rows of economy seats at the back of the upper deck.

I just wondered if anyone has experienced flying in one of those seats, particularly in seats 36J and 36K?
Not in the new economy config, but I had 38J when it was premium economy. The main comment I can pass is to do with the overhead lockers which were smaller than the ones forward of the exit row. I had an "IATA" standard bag that measured 115cm all round and it could not fit in. My smaller back pack just fitted in. There were some storage bins by the window, but again, relatively small.

I'd be curious to know if these seats have full recline.
They have 'full' recline (well for the standard Y seat).

There's some recent photo's here of 35J/K with 36J/K behind them in a post on Australian Frequent Flyer:

Best seats economy A380?

These seats are quite popular.
On a receint A380 flight we had 36J &K selected but were able to select 33 J&K at 80 hours prior to departure.
Great seats. As noted above the overhead locker is small but the window side locker took all our carryon. And easily accessible during the flight.
I would avoid 35DEF as that is the route to the toilet, and I tripped over someone's feet in the dark
I would also avoid 36 D as there is no access to the left aisle.
The boarding experience is great as you use the business door and the aerobridge direct to the upper deck, bypassing the hoards queuing for the normal "Y" door.
What are my chances of getting one of these seats as a Silver, or are they reserved for Gold and above?
I was in Y+ a few days ago LHR-SIN and it was full, but apparently Y had around 100 empty seats!!! I may of had a better sleep there for less money
Quote: What are my chances of getting one of these seats as a Silver, or are they reserved for Gold and above?
I was in Y+ a few days ago LHR-SIN and it was full, but apparently Y had around 100 empty seats!!! I may of had a better sleep there for less money
There's just the standard charge of $25 to prebook seats
Which routes are the newly configured A380s on?

I'm flying QF1 in August.
They fly on all routes and by August all the QF A380's should have been reconfigured.
Thanks Airvan

My first A380 experience was on Singapore shortly after they were introduced back in 2008 and it was upstairs 2x4x2 economy which was great for travelling as a couple. Very cool being upstairs.

Looking forward to hopefully getting the same experience on QF now.
Quote: There's just the standard charge of $25 to prebook seats
Silvers can select row 36 for free if it is available (generally it's not even if you book a few months out - it's that popular/quickly taken) - it is not an exit row. Row 35 however is an exit row and as such incurs exit row charges.
Just wondering if you think 33A/B E/F would be better than 80A/K?
Quote: Just wondering if you think 33A/B E/F would be better than 80A/K?
No.
My wife is booked SYD > LAX in June & she's currently got 33G reserved. All row 32 & 33 are free plus 34 D-G (no A/B/E/F shown) 35D/E/F free & 36F.

She's quite trim & has connections when in LAX so which of the available seats would be the best bet?

Thanks
32A, 32K are reasonable seat options for a "trim" person. Each even has personal side storage.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post682932
Quote: 32A, 32K are reasonable seat options for a "trim" person. Each even has personal side storage.

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post682932
Curious as to the opinions about (any of) these upper-deck seats over, say 71D? Not sure about the 2-4-2 config versus the 3-4-3 config below, but still getting a feeling I should hold onto 71D....