Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013-Registration SOLD OUT

Subscribe
We are pleased to announce that the Chicago Seminars will again be held the weekend of October 11th-13th at the Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village, Illinois. There are several changes including transferable registrations and more sessions with a wider variety of topics this year.

Confirmed Speakers to date are:

Brian Kelly, the PointsGuy
Ben Schlappig from One Mile at a Time
Summer our MommyPoints
Daraius Dubash Mr. Million Mile Secrets
Our Mad Scientist Greg the Frequent Miler
Rene from Delta Points
Captain Denny Flanagan
Stefan of Rapid Travel Chai fame and offbeat adventures
Mr Steve Belkin "Beaubo the Contrarian"
Hans Mast of Shopping Portal Fame
Marshall Jackson on Cruising
John Nielson on Three Trips for Two
Bikeguy with Rookie Bootcamp
Howie Rappaport with Managing Family accounts
Cara Kretz ITASoftware by Google
John Lopinto of ExpertFlyer
Cliff Stratton with Computer Help for all
Rick Ingersoll the Frugal Travel Guy

We will be holding sessions from Friday late afternoon until Sunday at 4 PM so you can catch the last bank of flights home from O'Hare.

This event is an all volunteer event put on by members of the community for the members of the community. All excess proceeds after covering expenses are given to charity.

Our event is the ONLY not for profit event of its kind with registration at only $85 per person which includes lunch and coffee breaks each day and a Saturday evening cocktail reception as well.

The host hotel (separate registration) will again be $79 single or $89 double including one or two breakfast per day included in that rate. The overflow hotel will be the Holiday Inn O'Hare and shuttle service will be provided.

We are thrilled to add afternoon smaller sessions for 60 to 80 people in addition to our larger meeting rooms for 250 and 300. These smaller rooms will allow for more hands on seminars for both rookies and experts alike.

Hotel and Seminar Registration will begin later this week. We look forward to seeing you all sooner than you think at the fourth annual Chicago Seminars. Mark your calendars today for the premier gathering of the travel space each year.
Hotel Registration Info
Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village is our Host Hotel
$79 per night with one breakfast coupon
$89 per night with two breakfast coupons per night

Use this linkhttp://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...?groupCode=CSH

And code CSH for reservations

The Holiday Inn O'Hare is our overflow hotel

Link without breakfast http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...?groupCode=CI1

Use Code CI1

Holiday Inn O'Hare with breakfasthttp://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...?groupCode=CI2

Use Code CI2

Reservations will again be non transferable and non refundable. You can reach the host hotel at 847-437-6010 with questions regarding these codes and accomodations
Seminar Registration
The Event is now SOLD OUT

Registrations are NON-Refundable ... but you can transfer with a $20 fee (which'll get donated to our charities). It is a manual process to transfer.
Seminar Schedule
Friday 6:30 -7:20PM Rookie Bootcamp with Bikeguy or
International Bootcamp with Stefan Rapid Travel Chai

7:30- 8:30 SkyPesos to Delta Gold with FTI and Delta Points
Computer Tips and Tricks with Cliff Straton
Managing Family Accounts with Howie

Saturday 8:30- 10 AM Beginners with Daraius MMS and Mommy Points
Advanced Shopping Portals with Hans Mast

10-10:15 Coffee Break

10:15- Noon Beginners Mileage Runs with Ben (Lucky)
Advanced Mad Scientist Greg our Frequent Miler

Noon to 1 PM Lunch

1-2PM Beginner Credit Cards with Rick FTG
Advanced Rental Cars with Daraius MMS and Stefan

2-3:45PM Beginner Customer Service with Capt Denny
Advanced Credit Card Strategies with the Points Guy
Cruising with Marshall Jackson
Hands on Award Booking with Ben (Lucky)

3:45- 4PM Coffee Break

4:00 to 5:45 Beginner Award Booking with Ben (Lucky)
Advanced ITA with Stavros M and Expert Flyer John L
Amtrak Awards with Bikeguy and Goofy Foot
Spouses Reception with Mommy Points

7 or 7:30 PM til ??? Cocktail Reception

Sunday 8:30 - 10:30 AM Sponsors Workshop

10:30 - 11 AM Charity Raffle (Thanks Again Sharon)

11-12:30 Beginners Using Hotwire and Priceline with Stefan
Advanced Is the Mileage Game Just About Over? Steve Belkin the Contrarian

12:30-1:30 Lunch

1:30-3PM Hotel and Airline Breakout Sessions in all four rooms
Group leaders: AA/US-ThePointsGuy and Stacey VGP, Delta-fti and Delta Points, UA-?, SW and others-Bonnie FTLawyer, SPG-Mrpickles, Hilton-Mark Palmer @travelblawg, Hyatt-Geoff Cardwatchdog, Priority Club-TCflygirl, Marriott-Sharon Skiadcock

3-3:15 PM Coffee Break

3:15 to 4PM Full Room "Two Styles of Using Miles"
NomadicMatt on hostels, couch surfing and coach vs
ThePointsGuy on high end, high priced and high living
Volunteers Needed
Our most pressing need is Audio Visual. Cliff Stratton (dlouise37) has been doing this alone the last three years and with the addition of extra afternoon sessions we really NEED somebody to help Cliff out. This volunteer won't miss a thing and will have a great seat to the sessions of their choice. They need to make sure that we get our speakers powerpoint presentations up and running on time. Again, this is really important to the success of the event.

Please contact me if you will be there and can commit to helping.

Thanks

Rick
Charity Events and Donations
"Once again we'll have great prizes, and yes we will accept credit cards via the square app* in addition to accepting US/Canadian/Australian/Euro/GBP currency, so those using credit cards will get miles/points.

Prizes to be detailed as seminar gets closer. In years past we've had such things as Kindles, free nights at Marriotts in NYC, Vegas, 50% off Starwood stays, AA & UA systemwide int'l upgrades, etc. We expect to have even more great prizes this year.

If you have something you would like to donate to the charity raffle, please PM me.

Yes I'll need volunteers to help w/ ticket sales and/or distributing prizes on Sunday. Volunteers do not miss any sessions, as sales occur in between sessions. If you're interested in volunteering w/ charity raffle, PM me.

We pick 3 great charities each year, and monies raised are divided between them. We owe it all to you, our generous FT/MPers.

Each year we've beat the previous record of what was donated. Let the FT Chicago Seminar Event Charity Raffle tradition continue!

* Hopefully this year I'll get the Starwood Amex to swipe smoothly so I don't have to yell HOWIE each time! "

Sharon

One of the prizes this year will be all the meeting planner points earned for meals and rooms booked thru the links provided. Last year it was 146,000 PC points. Good Luck to all in the charity raffles.

Rick
Miscellaneous Information
Chris from yourroomkey.com provided this discount code for a discount on your UA flights to Chicago:

Magic code to get the UA discount is ZPU8135926 which gets entered as the Offer Code when booking via United.com:
Our Sponsors
Each of our sponsors makes a generous donation to help cover expenses and will make a short presentation about their website or product during our Sunday Morning Sponsors Workshop. The Chicago Seminars could not exist without the help of our sponsors

ITASoftware by Google
Million Mile Secrets
Delta Points
First2Board.com
ExpertFlyer
Cardwatchdog
MileValue
First Class and Beyond
Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013
I simply must go this year! Let me know what I need to do to reserve a spot
Chicago Seminars October 11-13th, 2013
Shut up and take my money!!!!
Can't wait!
Great event, Great speakers, if you haven't attended one yet make this a priority!
Is this a event that would be helpful for people new to ffms/cc points etc?
can I attend?
Quote: Is this a event that would be helpful for people new to ffms/cc points etc?
Yes it is. It is a also a great way to meet others that obsess about our hobby too. A fantastic networking event! ^