Canadian Amex Plat $200 travel credit?

Subscribe
Quote: PTS is asking me to sign the "Personal Travel Profile and Signature on File Form".
They won't give me the $200 credit until they receive the form.......

I didn't need to do it last year.
Any chance you just forgot that you did it last year? If not, was probably an oversight on their part...

When I called in, they told me I could e-mail a scan of the form instead of mailing it - e-mail they gave me was [email protected] - at least that was faster than mailing it.

Since I don't trust the security of e-mail, I left out my passport number on the form. Mind you, my cc number was on it, so there was still some sensitive info...
Amex really makes people jump through hoops for the benefits... forms and calls etc.
Quote: Amex really makes people jump through hoops for the benefits... forms and calls etc.
yup. I spent like 20 mins on the phone booking a fairnont FHR rate when I could do it in 15 seconds via web or 3 mins via Fairmont platinum concierge. sigh.
Quote: Any chance you just forgot that you did it last year? If not, was probably an oversight on their part...

When I called in, they told me I could e-mail a scan of the form instead of mailing it - e-mail they gave me was [email protected] - at least that was faster than mailing it.

Since I don't trust the security of e-mail, I left out my passport number on the form. Mind you, my cc number was on it, so there was still some sensitive info...
That is indeed a concern. If you have a company email, it might be safer than mail.
Canadian Platinum $200 credit online?
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to book a hotel online with the $200 yearly credit. I want to book a hotel in Tokyo, and for me location is important so I want to actually be able to see a map of where different hotels are located, which is clearly impossible on the phone.
Also, the phone service usually gives different price from those I find on Expedia or Hotels.com, so an online search would be great for the Platinum Travel Service.
Any ideas?
Quote: Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to book a hotel online with the $200 yearly credit. I want to book a hotel in Tokyo, and for me location is important so I want to actually be able to see a map of where different hotels are located, which is clearly impossible on the phone.
Also, the phone service usually gives different price from those I find on Expedia or Hotels.com, so an online search would be great for the Platinum Travel Service.
Any ideas?
no, you have to book through platinum travel services.

Any ideas?
1. In general, AMEX PTS rates are similar to other sites like Expedia/Orbitz, or even their own

Vacations with American Express Travel | American Express Travel Canada
https://travel.americanexpress.ca/travel/arc.cfm?tab=h

2. For FHR rates, I usually try to find Virtuoso rates and get an idea. Try this site below
Luxury Travel Agency - Luxury Hotels, Online Booking, Virtuoso Rates, Reviews - Classic Travel
http://www.classictravel.com/

Here are the info I have
AMEX FHR phone 1-800-668-9147 * rates are ~= Virtuoso rates.
General email [email protected] or [email protected] 1-866-257-0878 | (416) 868-1833

Good luck
rate matching by Amex PTS
Hi there,

I have had two experiences with this when trying to use my $200 credit. Both times, I found a cheaper rate posted on Expedia or the hotel's own website.

Both times, I quoted the lower rate to PTS and, after doing some digging, they were able to match the rate. They would always say something like "Now... this is a prepaid rate, we don't recommend these rates because they are non-refundable". This is usually the case, though, with Expedia rates.

The hotels in question were the Sofitel Jumeirah Beach (Dubai) and the Intercontinental Athens (Greece).

I was able to get the lower online rate AND use my $200 annual credit.

Good luck!
Thanks. I have also availed such discounts by using my American express card. The company itself is also working hard to help customers. A detailed analysis related to American express can be found at http://goo.gl/N12PNK
New Member - questions
Hi,

I recently upgraded to plat card and have couple questions... I have tried to search but this was very difficult to find. Some, I do know the answer but confirmation would be nice as well.

1. $200 travel credit must be booked by calling in to concierge. Otherwise, cannot get it.
2. Do I also need to book through concierge for FHR? Can I book through expedia and somehow specify I am a plat cardholder to get FHR benefits?

I am going to vegas in June 18-25 and haven't booked yet so wanted to get some info before I book anything.

Thanks guys! This forum seems awesome.
(apologies if this is in the wrong section..)
Welcome to FlyerTalk. To provide reliable answers we need to know the country in which your card is issued. For example, if your card is issued in the USA the answer to both questions is "No", but if it is issued in Canada the answers would be "Yes".

Quote:
Can I book through expedia and somehow specify I am a plat cardholder to get FHR benefits?
The answer is "No" in all countries.
Thank you for the answers!

I am Canada based and card was issued in Canada as well.
Moderator action
Quote: ...issued in Canada as well.
Thank you for the clarification. I have moved your question into the established thread discussing the Canadian $200 travel benefit.

You can see FHR properties online on the USA site:

http://americanexpressfhr.com

...but to check rates or book you must call Platinum Travel Service (Canada).
I also tried to use my travel credit this January and was told I had to fill out a form and send it in. I did not do this last year when I used the credit. Was told it should not have been issued to me without the form. Thanks for the email address contact for that, will send it in a few weeks before I need to use this years credit...

1. $200 travel credit must be booked by calling in to concierge. Otherwise, cannot get it.
2. Do I also need to book through concierge for FHR? Can I book through expedia and somehow specify I am a plat cardholder to get FHR benefits?
1. You have to book through PTS (Platinum Travel Services) to get the credit.

Platinum Card Travel Service
In Canada/US Call: 1-800-668-9147
International (please call collect): (416) 868-1888

2. Have to call Amex PTS once again for FHR. People have reported that the amenities are the same of you go through virtuoso.
Quote: I also tried to use my travel credit this January and was told I had to fill out a form and send it in. I did not do this last year when I used the credit. Was told it should not have been issued to me without the form. Thanks for the email address contact for that, will send it in a few weeks before I need to use this years credit...

1. You have to book through PTS (Platinum Travel Services) to get the credit.

Platinum Card Travel Service
In Canada/US Call: 1-800-668-9147
International (please call collect): (416) 868-1888

2. Have to call Amex PTS once again for FHR. People have reported that the amenities are the same of you go through virtuoso.
Virtuoso and AMEX FHR properties and benny's may differ - generally FHR benefits are more standardized imo