Canadian Amex Plat $200 travel credit?

Subscribe
I booked a ticket with Westjet and Finnair flights through Amex Canada PTS and was able to cancel later on the same day at no charge.
Quote: Are you able to book something on the American website, American Express Travel, for the travel credit?

Also note that flights are completely nonrefundable from the time of booking when you call over the phone.. so much for 24 hour cancellations.. don't make the same mistake I did. Canada's AMEX Platinum travel agency is a goddamn joke.
Absolute goddamn joke. at least it would be good if you could put amex fhr rates online. *hint* amex ca
My only problem with them is that I could get a better rate than they could... even if I were using the hotel's web site! Somehow, they couldn't book at the same rate.
Is it correct that the annual fee is fully refunded if the card is cancelled within two months of renewal? If yes, then the Canadian Amex Platinum fee can be reduced to $99. Here is how:

1. Get the card in December 2013, pay $699 fee, get $200 travel credit.
2. Get another $200 travel credit in 2014.
3. Get the third $200 travel credit in January 2015 and cancel the card within two month of renewal.

Correct?
Yup that totally makes sense.
Anyone know if the calendar year is based on the booking date or the date the reservation is actually used? For example if I make a booking in 2013 for a car rental in 2014 would that use my 2013 credit or my 2014 credit?
Quote: Is it correct that the annual fee is fully refunded if the card is cancelled within two months of renewal? If yes, then the Canadian Amex Platinum fee can be reduced to $99. Here is how:

3. Get the third $200 travel credit in January 2015 and cancel the card within two month of renewal.

Correct?
What about the renewal in 2014?
Quote: What about the renewal in 2014?
He would get it refunded, so he didn't add it up.
Quote: Is it correct that the annual fee is fully refunded if the card is cancelled within two months of renewal? If yes, then the Canadian Amex Platinum fee can be reduced to $99. Here is how:

Correct?
If you do that, Amex might ask you pay back the last $200 credit.

Correct?
Probably, worth a try, or hopefully someone with Dec renewal can help confirm. My $699 just hit (10/23) and I'm cancelling soon

Quote: Anyone know if the calendar year is based on the booking date or the date the reservation is actually used? For example if I make a booking in 2013 for a car rental in 2014 would that use my 2013 credit or my 2014 credit?
It's the BOOKING date, so if you book for 2014 travel NOW (before 12/31/2013), you can use 2013's $200 credit

Once 1/1/2014 hits, you lose 2013's $200 credit and only has 2014's $200 credit to use
Will I earn miles if I book my ticket through PTS?

Thanks
Quote: Will I earn miles if I book my ticket through PTS?

Thanks
PTS is just a travel agent, so whether you will book miles or not are still based on the fare class, the carrier, and the FFP.

For hotels and car rental, these are not "Expedia" like rate, so you get full hotel/car upgrade/benefits with your status.
Is PTS a India based call center?!
Quote: Is PTS a India based call center?!
Not in my experience.
deleted