LAX- Chiang Mai awards ticket

Subscribe
United search engine does not show LAX to Chiang Mai (CNX). Thai airways is United Partner airline.

Am I able to book an awards ticket from -

LAX-BKK-CNX (stopover)
CNX-BKK- RGN (destination)
RGN - LAX

For 120k biz class or do I need to purchase my own CNX to BKK RT

Thanks in advance
LAX-BKK-CNX is a valid one way award.
CNX-BKK-RGN would be a 2nd one way award ticket.
And then RGN-LAX would be a 3rd one way award ticket.
Didn't know anyone was going to RGN that didn't get on board the RGN mistake fare wagon.
Quote: LAX-BKK-CNX is a valid one way award.
Didn't know anyone was going to RGN that didn't get on board the RGN mistake fare wagon.
how many miles would this cost on biz class? if more than 120k, i would be best with lax-bkk, bkk-rgn, rgn to lax, right?
Quote: LAX-BKK-CNX is a valid one way award.
No. CNX can be the stopover on a return trip from LAX to RGN and back. The CNX-BKK-RGN bit would be free in that case as part of the larger award.

To the OP, if you can find the inventory segment-by-segment but the website won't book it then call in and feed the flights to the agent.
Quote: No. CNX can be the stopover on a return trip from LAX to RGN and back. The CNX-BKK-RGN bit would be free in that case as part of the larger award.

To the OP, if you can find the inventory segment-by-segment but the website won't book it then call in and feed the flights to the agent.

Thank you.
Quote: No. CNX can be the stopover on a return trip from LAX to RGN and back. The CNX-BKK-RGN bit would be free in that case as part of the larger award. To the OP, if you can find the inventory segment-by-segment but the website won't book it then call in and feed the flights to the agent.
I'm so used to booking one ways, forgot about the RT stopover.
Quote: Didn't know anyone was going to RGN that didn't get on board the RGN mistake fare wagon.
One of my favorite countries to visit. Highly recommended even for those who didn't get in on the good fare.

Chris
If you're having problems finding seats into CNX you should be aware that Thai hasn't released availability on any flights beyond October 26th at this point because they haven't finalized their schedules yet
Quote: If you're having problems finding seats into CNX you should be aware that Thai hasn't released availability on any flights beyond October 26th at this point because they haven't finalized their schedules yet
Are you sure it's a scheduling issue? You're right I can't find TG award inventory on BKKHKT sector on United.com beyond Oct 26th, but I was able to find flights for sale on thaiairways.com. I thought they just hadn't opened up award inventory yet.
its a schedule issue
Apparently Thai has yet to finalize their schedule and wont make awards available until they have.

They still allow tickets to be purchased on their website based on historical schedules. However they haven't published any schedules to any GDS beyond their own host so their website is only place you can buy tickets beyond October 26

This is apparently why when I search expert flyer for bkk-han without specifying TG I only see VN and SQ. If I specify TG it polls their GDS host to pull their results
Quote: Apparently Thai has yet to finalize their schedule and wont make awards available until they have.

They still allow tickets to be purchased on their website based on historical schedules. However they haven't published any schedules to any GDS beyond their own host so their website is only place you can buy tickets beyond October 26

This is apparently why when I search expert flyer for bkk-han without specifying TG I only see VN and SQ. If I specify TG it polls their GDS host to pull their results
I see. Thanks for the information.
oh Gosh, I made a mistake....don't know how but I meant to think and write

LAX-BKK- CEI - stopover

CNX-BKK- RGN -Destination

RGN - LAX

I have checked dates in October (by the way this won't be the date but around Xmas time) and I see there may be an LAX to BKK arriving in BKK late in the evening, could I tag on BKK to CIE the following day around noon and since it is less than 24hours, it would not be considered a stopover at BKK

Also, the CNX- BKK, BKK - RGN , the connection time at BKK will be about 1 1/2 hour. Would this be enough time?

Would the above be considered an open jaw and one stop over which is allowed with United Awards for 120k Biz class? Hope someone would say "yes, this is correct"

Anyone ?
Looks fine to me. The 90 minutes domestic to international connection doesn't leave a lot of time to visit the lounge but it shouldn't otherwise be a problem.
Quote: Also, the CNX- BKK, BKK - RGN , the connection time at BKK will be about 1 1/2 hour. Would this be enough time?

You would check through to RGN at the counter in CNX and go through exit immigration there as well. Upon arrival in BKK you would simply navigate transfer security and head to the lounge.

MCT for this transfer is 75min.
Quote: Apparently Thai has yet to finalize their schedule and wont make awards available until they have.
I'm also looking for award availability on TG over the holidays.

Any idea (historically based) on when we might expect the Dec/Jan schedule to be loaded?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek