Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Subscribe
BallardFlyer:

Great find! Here's me - interesting stuff. Perhaps a note to Delta.com is in order to find out what this is.

[editted to get rid of empty stuff/deleted stuff]

"actvtyPref":"",
"custValSeg":"5",
"discSpndngAmt":"5473",
"mindsetSeg":"SS",
"mosaicCd":"S69",
I will buy a F tomorrow and see if that number changes

Just thinking how pissed Delta is going to be tomorrow. LOL
Quote:
  • "custValSeg":"0" - That seems correct, I'm a low value FO.
  • "mindsetSeg":"MM" - Don't know.
  • "mosaicCd":"H29" - Eh, sort of. I guess they're partly right.
  • "incomeAmt":"$$", - This is a surprisingly inaccurate number for me. If we assume this represents your annual income divided by 1000, this amount is less than a third of my current income, and actually less than half of the lowest income I've ever had since leaving college (and less than half what I made when I got my AmEx).
  • "homeValueAmt":"$$$$$$", - This one was pretty accurate.
  • "discSpndngAmt":"$$$$$", - For me, this was considerably higher than my spend on DL flights this year, so I would think that's not the key. The part that makes me really curious is that, assuming we've pegged the "incomeAmt" calculation correctly, DL feels my discretionary spending is 82% of my total income despite having correctly identified my home value and therefore presumably having an idea of at least what my mortgage must be.

I'm mostly in the same boat.
My income to DL is also much higher than my real income.
Quote: I will buy a F tomorrow and see if that number changes

Just thinking how pissed Delta is going to be tomorrow. LOL

And refund shortly after?
Quote:
And refund shortly after?
hmm let me buy now l see if my number changes..
Quote: hmm let me buy now l see if my number changes..
What route are you looking at?
(You don't have to tell me exactly and you can code it-I'm not bad with them. Alternately you could PM me.)
This should be really interesting for me to do as an analysis of an application of marketing.
Pretty interesting... they think I make 3 times my actual income though. I guess a good problem to have? :-) My cust value segment is 0.
home value--spot on
income--dead wrong
spending amt--shocking if I really spent that much on flights! My calc. is half.
Mosaic--A01, American Royalty--really? This from a true earth mother, although I do enjoy watching Downton Abbey.
Cust value=7
Quote: [*] "discSpndngAmt":"$$$$$", - For me, this was considerably higher than my spend on DL flights this year, so I would think that's not the key. The part that makes me really curious is that, assuming we've pegged the "incomeAmt" calculation correctly, DL feels my discretionary spending is 82% of my total income despite having correctly identified my home value and therefore presumably having an idea of at least what my mortgage must be.
I think the discretionary spending could be from the Mosaic stuff as well, as that's part of that profile. Mine was greater than my delta spend by a reasonable amount.
Quote: What route are you looking at?
(You don't have to tell me exactly and you can code it-I'm not bad with them. Alternately you could PM me.)
This should be really interesting for me to do as an analysis of an application of marketing.

It did not change. bought an A fare. logged out and back in, and number still stayed the same. it could be after flown. I am actually going to buy this fare, because it is only $300 but need to fix the times. MKE-MSP
This data is both accurate and inaccurate.

Nice to finally see my mythical score.
Wow -- almost creepy! My profile is accurate other than my income is showing a little under half of what I actually make. I've made the same salary with only small increases for at least four years. My Mosaic (O54) is accurate for the most part excepting the income assumptions and I am two years out of my 20s (I think I'm more G25).

custValSeg: 1. I'm an FO, frequently fly between DCA and DTW, travel to LAS 2x/year, travel to LAX and SFO at least once, travel to CHI 3x/year (oh how I wish there was a DL or partner connection between WAS and CHI -- a DL hole between two large and domestic markets... ugh).

Anyone able to crack "custValSeg" yet?
Quote: Nice to finally see my mythical score.
Now I'm getting very curious. The Mosaic program is run by Experian, and I believe that under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I should be entitled to get a copy of the data the have on me (I've gotten a similar disclosure from LexisNexis in the past). But I don't see anywhere to do that on the Experian website. Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Nothing in my profile that DL wouldn't have in my SkyMiles profile. I don't have their AmEx card and none of the income or mosaic-type values are filled in.
Creepy for me as well. More or less accurate on:

- Income
- Mosaic id - LOL

Not so sure on...
- Home value - not, I have no clue what this means
- Cust value - I'm 3. Not sure what that means
- Disc spending - is this how much we actually spend on DL?