Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dcpdxtrans
This is the continuation of a previous thread on this topic. To view the now-archived thread, please click here.

Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • 50% Redeemable miles bonus
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

MVPG/75K
  • 100% Redeemable miles
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)[this benefit is now stale and no longer can AS elite status obtain preferred seating, rather, only main cabin--on a booking on 8/24/16, a DL agent confirmed this benefit expired previously]
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

Not elite specific: If in First on an AS segment or DL, and the ticket is issued by DL, you are entitled to 3 bags at 70 lbs. within the United States & Canada.
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
Smile The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Originally Posted by Anchorite
My husband and I are both MVPG. We went to Europe in October on DL and the Sky Priority match made a huge difference. We got exit row seating, and a special line for immigration at CDG that was much shorter than the regular line. We even were able to get in the lounge with our Board Room card. The only thing we didn't get was first class upgrades. The agents weren't aware of any agreement on that.
Sky Priority is a very valuable perk for MVPG's.
I thought that Board Room card do not work for lounges in Europe as they are all non DL. I'm pretty sure BR cards don't work for KL and AF lounges. Is this right?

Last edited by JimmyJoe; Jan 1, 2013 at 6:24 am
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by JimmyJoe
I thought that Board Room card do not work for lounges in Europe as they are all non DL. I'm pretty sure BR cards don't work for KL and AF lounges. Is this right?
Correct. It sounds like the previous poster had some exceptional luck; BR membership does not grant access to AF lounges.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:56 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by jackal
Correct. It sounds like the previous poster had some exceptional luck; BR membership does not grant access to AF lounges.
In some European airports, basic lounge access is granted to all elite passengers. For example, I have been granted access to a 3rd party lounge as well as priority security screening twice in IST when flying DL as AS MVPG. I don't think this is a published benefit, but rather the agents not knowing what to do with AS elites who have Sky Priority access, but not full SkyTeam elite benefits...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
does MVP-G get free domestic economy comfort or only free 'preferred' seating on DL?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ddrost1
does MVP-G get free domestic economy comfort or only free 'preferred' seating on DL?
As depicted above in our wiki- only preferred seating for domestic itins. No discount even
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA G, AS 75k, IHG Plt
I booked my flight tomorrow on Delta back in December when I was an MVP. Now that I am MVPG I was excited for the added benefits that came with the new status. However, now that I've checked in, my Delta reservation still lists me as MVP.

Is there a way I can make sure this is updated or do I just have to talk to Delta at the airport tomorrow?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by ristretto
I booked my flight tomorrow on Delta back in December when I was an MVP. Now that I am MVPG I was excited for the added benefits that came with the new status. However, now that I've checked in, my Delta reservation still lists me as MVP.

Is there a way I can make sure this is updated or do I just have to talk to Delta at the airport tomorrow?
Might be too late to try this, but go to your DL reservation online, remove your number then add it back again.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by golfingboy:20013146
Might be too late to try this, but go to your DL reservation online, remove your number then add it back again.
Thanks but no dice. Since I had already checked in the number couldn't be changed. I called Delta and they removed did exactly as you suggested, but there was no change in status. Seems as if Alaska might be lagging.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by ristretto
Thanks but no dice. Since I had already checked in the number couldn't be changed. I called Delta and they removed did exactly as you suggested, but there was no change in status. Seems as if Alaska might be lagging.
When did you turn MVPG? It takes a few weeks for the information to be relayed to DL... Do you have your Gold Card?

FWIW, for upgrades Golds and MVPs are equal. The only difference between Gold and MVP on DL is extra free checked luggage and SkyPriority.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
When did you turn MVPG? It takes a few weeks for the information to be relayed to DL... Do you have your Gold Card?

FWIW, for upgrades Golds and MVPs are equal. The only difference between Gold and MVP on DL is extra free checked luggage and SkyPriority.
Agree on both counts- both the lag (after AS updates its info DL needs to) and only thing to miss out on is 2nd checked bag. Upgrades are equal footing AFAIK. Same level as DL elite companions and Flying Blue elites too
Old Jan 10, 2013, 2:19 pm

Golfingboy and beckoa, I appreciate the insight.

I thought that I was flying out of IAD today so my main concern was the short security line. Turns out I was departing from DCA where ASMVPs have access to the short line. Lucky me!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have two upcoming DL segments in March, and am slightly confused about my status on each?

The first I purchased from AS as a connection from an AS flight, that reads "Medallion Upgrade Confirmed" @ Delta, while the other I bought directly from Delta, with my AS# linked at time of purchase, that says "Medallion Upgrade Requested" -- any ideas? Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Upgrade requested is what's typically shown on DL's end indicating you've successfully requested your upgrade. If it showed Upgrade Eligible you'd need to call DL to be added to the list. Select flights are ineligible including most international and flights to/from Hawaii.

I'm uncertain to Upgrade Confirmed- sounds like you were upgraded already?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
"Upgrade Confirmed" normally means that it's gone through, but an AS Gold two months out on a cheap fare? The Delta PNR shows my selected exit row seat.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
"Upgrade Confirmed" normally means that it's gone through, but an AS Gold two months out on a cheap fare? The Delta PNR shows my selected exit row seat.
Very odd. I'd call DL and ask them what happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.