Account Now?

Subscribe
Quote: Awwwww c'mon guys, now you're scaring me!

Been using this for a few months with no problems. Love the Reload packs because I can get them at my grocery store.

Yep, just buying groceries. Another expensive week, family coming into town
so how you dissolve it that you are not closed yet
I've decided to bail on AN and I'm looking for the best way to get my money out without having to go through a hassle. Has anyone tried billpaying themselves (send a check to yourself) and succeeded?
Quote: I've joined the club. New message when I log in- temporarily restricted.
Update in case in may help others dealing with this nonsense.

Spoke to CSR 2 weeks ago. Told to fax info in. Did so a day or two later. Heard nothing so called back few days later. Said they never rec'd fax, need to re-fax. Re-faxed a few days ago. Still not heard back today (big surprise right?) so called them. CSR said check had already been sent 2 days before they ever even asked me to fax stuff in!
Bottom line- Faxing in docs they requested was a total waste of time.
Quote: Update in case in may help others dealing with this nonsense.

Spoke to CSR 2 weeks ago. Told to fax info in. Did so a day or two later. Heard nothing so called back few days later. Said they never rec'd fax, need to re-fax. Re-faxed a few days ago. Still not heard back today (big surprise right?) so called them. CSR said check had already been sent 2 days before they ever even asked me to fax stuff in!
Bottom line- Faxing in docs they requested was a total waste of time.
the same experience.
they keep building their brand this way.
UGH
Opened account now in April. Loaded one GreenDot $500 card onto it. Paid 3 utility bills. Have $350ish left on it. Card frozen. Called cust svc - they say fraudulent activity.

They did not request me to fill out any paperwork or fax anything. Said they will process my check and mail it to me within 10-14 business days. Hope so.

Will keep you posted!
Quote: Loaded one GreenDot $500 card onto it.
that's minimum reported load
mine was bigger - two reloads
Quote: Opened account now in April. Loaded one GreenDot $500 card onto it. Paid 3 utility bills. Have $350ish left on it. Card frozen. Called cust svc - they say fraudulent activity.
What do they expect people to do with these cards? Not use the features?
Quote: What do they expect people to do with these cards? Not use the features?
They expect you to pay big fees. That's their business model.

Remember: You and I are not their target market. We are their cost of doing business.
Quote: You and I are not their target market.
Many here were shut down for repeatedly loading and purging their accounts.

However, haydevin loaded a single MP and paid three utility bills. Their target market must load MPs and pay their utility bills.
Quote: Opened account now in April. Loaded one GreenDot $500 card onto it. Paid 3 utility bills. Have $350ish left on it. Card frozen. Called cust svc - they say fraudulent activity.

They did not request me to fill out any paperwork or fax anything. Said they will process my check and mail it to me within 10-14 business days. Hope so.

Will keep you posted!
I did not get my $3000 in total checks (wife and I) in the 14 days they said that they would mail them. I called them and they now say up to 6 weeks (another 4 weeks). But they do claim they are in processing. So, I am on pins and needles to get this money back in my hands as I had to pay my credit card already! You can probably expect the same treatment. This is almost criminal to hold a persons money that long! No one reports to have gotten their money back yet.
Quote: I did not get my $3000 in total checks (wife and I) in the 14 days they said that they would mail them. I called them and they now say up to 6 weeks (another 4 weeks). But they do claim they are in processing. So, I am on pins and needles to get this money back in my hands as I had to pay my credit card already! You can probably expect the same treatment. This is almost criminal to hold a persons money that long! No one reports to have gotten their money back yet.
EEEKKK- I'd be dying with $3000 hanging out there. Not happy about $350ish, but omg. Fingers crossed for u (well, for me too!) Best wishes
So, I was just thinking...
What a bunch of felonious behavior by this company!!!

I didn't check my account for several weeks, but I gather from the posts that AccountNow shut us down mid-June, right? And happily sat on our money doing absolutely nothing! No attempt to notify me was made. It wasn't until I contacted them today after being unable to log onto their site for 48 hours that I knew there was a serious problem. The rep. said they will mail my check in 10-14 business days. (will believe THAT when I see it)

So, I was thinking - what garbage. They sit on our money until we call to complain and THEN they will decide to mail it out at their convenience? Why didn't they initiate the process when they decided to PERMANENTLY close our accounts? We ALL know WHY they didn't process the checks immediately! Bunch of thieves hoping they'd get to keep it. Still may for all I know.
Quote: What do they expect people to do with these cards? Not use the features?
This is what paypal expects to do with the cards (from their warning letter to one person who withdrew funds to his acount promptly):

"The Green Dot MoneyPak was designed for the purpose of depositing cash to your PayPal account for retail purchases."

Will keep you posted!
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!
Called in on 6/16 to close AN account, the refund check arrived 6/29.
9  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  29