Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Subscribe
Quote: Anybody thought that since this is being put on banking statements, that it's only referring to them not selling gift cards anymore *IN BRANCH*? I only say that, b/c the only reason the fee has been waived online for everyone is b/c they haven't been able to sell in-branch for a non-disclosed reason. So maybe they're just putting that on bank statements so even more people know that they will stop selling them in-branch all together? Here's to wishful thinking and online fee waivers going beyond Sept 22nd! And if not - all my cards are maxed
Wishful thinking me thinks.

However, since Chase is so big and left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing, anything is possible.

In the meantime I am going full speed with all my chase ccs.
The timing is just off for me. Last month my last order of 600 was on the 23rd. I can do all the rest, though.
This really sucks. Why in the world wouldn't Chase just charge a fee and keep this thing going? We're already hooked!
Quote: This really sucks. Why in the world wouldn't Chase just charge a fee and keep this thing going? We're already hooked!
The <0.2 CPM aspect is a huge deal to some, including me.
Quote: I am not sure whether this is a common problem but I attempted to liquidate the accounts at the USPS. Cards were declined. Has anyone been able to purchase MO's from USPS?
THis isn't new can't used them at the USPS or any GC
The free ride is over, Chase CG will be missed.
Just to clarify. Will Chase stop selling the GC online altogether or will Chase continue selling the same GC online but charge a fee for the GC?
If they continue to sell the GC even with a fee, it's still a good way to use it to meet minimum spend for sign up bonus.
Quote: Just to clarify. Will Chase stop selling the GC online altogether or will Chase continue selling the same GC online but charge a fee for the GC?
If they continue to sell the GC even with a fee, it's still a good way to use it to meet minimum spend for sign up bonus.
DISCONTINUE selling them....
Quote: Lesson learned: good deals never last.
File that one with the pope being catholic and bears poop in the woods
Quote: Just to clarify. Will Chase stop selling the GC online altogether or will Chase continue selling the same GC online but charge a fee for the GC?
What part of "We will no longer sell Gift Cards" needs clarification?

Starting September 22, we will no longer sell gift cards. We apologize for any
inconvenience.
I've been so focused on new cards that I neglected this offer until now. I'm kicking myself for missing out on so many potential points!

$5000 ordered today and $5000 on the 22nd so I can get as close as possible to the BB calendar month and avoid floating too long.

Here's to hoping that it's just an official discontinuation of the in-branch purchase option and that online will continue.
Quote: Why not save the checks while ACH is free?
beacause i don't want my acct flagged and shut down.
Quote: I've been so focused on new cards that I neglected this offer until now. I'm kicking myself for missing out on so many potential points!

$5000 ordered today and $5000 on the 22nd so I can get as close as possible to the BB calendar month and avoid floating too long.

Here's to hoping that it's just an official discontinuation of the in-branch purchase option and that online will continue.
I'm assuming you have 4 Chase cards? Also, I would not wait until the 22nd. I would do it on the 21st. The term "we will no longer" is likely meant to mean that on the 22nd there will be no more GC from Chase.
successfully loaded $1k to two bb accounts today. Going to miss my monthly chase orders. Will have 2 more bunches coming in over the next few days, then my wife will order some on her new united explorer.

crossing my fingers that this means branch only but like other I think the ride is coming to end of the line.
Hi,
This deal hasn't interested me thus far, since I only fly AA and I have no good Chase mileage cards.

I do have a Marriott card and a Freedom card, however. Just wasn't sure if I should buy the maximum on these cards since it is the last opportunity. I've been torn for several days on this now and was trying to weigh the risk versus rewards (my understanding is that I would need to liquidate at WM onto BB, and if it fails to use up cards on my own). Seems with the cards I have, even if GCs are a freebie, they are not adding up to be a good deal.

Thoughts welcome to help me decide.