OW airlines participating in HKG e-channel?

Subscribe
The HKG e-channel info page says one way to be eligible is to hold a
Frequent Flyer Programme membership card issued by airlines which have joined this scheme (please enquire with your airline)
Does anyone know which OW airlines participate and what status is required?
I remember they used to have a list

I can only remember CX elites, BA Silver and Gold, Qantas Gold and bove and JAL elites as well.

Tried to look more info for you but could not find any.
IIRC it was all the OW airlines serving HKG.
Quote: IIRC it was all the OW airlines serving HKG.
AA codeshares CX metal into HKG. Would that count? (I'm an AA elite and have no-status memberships in many other OW FF programs.)
Quote: AA codeshares CX metal into HKG. Would that count? (I'm an AA elite and have no-status memberships in many other OW FF programs.)
I don't think so
I'd just take your AA card into the office and try it. Worst case is you loose 10 minutes and they say no. I got mine with my UA card, but that's an advertised benefit from UA.

If you really want HK e-channel and they deny your AA card, then just status match over to an airline that you don't care about loosing your once in a lifetime match. There are a few outside of North America that will match. NZ and TK come to mind, may be others too.

Also used to be available if you had 3 air entries into HK in a 12 month period, not sure if that still applies.
Quote:
Also used to be available if you had 3 air entries into HK in a 12 month period, not sure if that still applies.
Yes, this still works. I applied for one based on this (could have also been the other way around, i.e. via status). I have now both e-channel and the Frequent traveller channel pass.

Cheers!
There's a good write up of this, including which FFPs are eligible on the AusBT website.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/fast-track-f...g-kong-airport
Quote: There's a good write up of this, including which FFPs are eligible on the AusBT website.

Thanks for this, happy to see also AY on the list...
Quote: Also used to be available if you had 3 air entries into HK in a 12 month period, not sure if that still applies.
There was a period when I was doing a lot of HKG overnights, and obtained the HKIA frequent visitor card. It was very nice, but then my visits to HKG have dropped to once a year, so I had to go back to long queues.

Quote: There's a good write up of this, including which FFPs are eligible on the AusBT website.

Great info, thanks ^

It seems that a number of airlines are eligible without status, so it should be easy enough to go that route (e.g., Delta).
A friend of mine a few weeks back just went to their enrollment office (it is close to the sliding door between the immigration hall and the hall with the luggage belts. Small and easy to miss. Look for it before you leave the immigration area.
He was able to enroll without any of the approved card by just explaining that he is in HK often and showing his passport. It is at least worth a try. They are extremely friendly and helpful there.
Quote: A friend of mine a few weeks back just went to their enrollment office (it is close to the sliding door between the immigration hall and the hall with the luggage belts. Small and easy to miss. Look for it before you leave the immigration area.
He was able to enroll without any of the approved card by just explaining that he is in HK often and showing his passport. It is at least worth a try. They are extremely friendly and helpful there.
Yes, you can just enroll as long as you have been there at least 2 times in the last 2-3 months. I have personally done this and it was very simple. Took maybe 3 minutes to do.
I also hit a queue of 10+ people last time. Only one serving. I gave up after 5min when it hadn't moved.
Quote: I also hit a queue of 10+ people last time. Only one serving. I gave up after 5min when it hadn't moved.
The trick is to arrive in HK between 10 AM and 7 PM. Its rather busy in the early AM and late PM.
Has anyone tried enrolling with a flight that arrives before 7am? My CX flight lands at 6am, and the first office doesn't open until 7:30am. Do you think my luggage will be fine for an hour + if I wait before immigration until around 7:30 when the office opens?