a BRG on hilton

Subscribe
hilton san diego mission valley on hotels.com and expedia both show $67(free cancel) for 12/25-26 and on hilton.com shows $89. As i see there is solid reason to admit the brg. And BRG opportunities exist for most dates around christmas for this hotel.
I have tried it on sunday but then you can see what happens to me here (the last few posts)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...thread-68.html
on sunday it showed $53 and when i come back to check its rates on monday it becomes $89 and today it recovers to $67. (well so now it is so clear hilton did something against my brg)
I am just a newbie and budget traveler and do not want to argue about it again to hilton. But you experienced and having elite status with hilton may get better response from the bad brg customer service and get bonus from this brg.

btw i wrote it here because i think it is a deal for you..
Quote: hilton san diego mission valley on hotels.com and expedia both show $67(free cancel) for 12/25-26 and on hilton.com shows $89. As i see there is solid reason to admit the brg. And BRG opportunities exist for most dates around christmas for this hotel.
I have tried it on sunday but then you can see what happens to me here (the last few posts)
on sunday it showed $53 and when i come back to check its rates on monday it becomes $89 and today it recovers to $67. (well so now it is so clear hilton did something against my brg)
I am just a newbie and budget traveler and do not want to argue about it again to hilton. But you experienced and having elite status with hilton may get better response from the bad brg customer service and get bonus from this brg.

Sounds like a good deal to me....thanks for posting. ^
Quote: hilton san diego mission valley on hotels.com and expedia both show $67(free cancel) for 12/25-26 and on hilton.com shows $89. As i see there is solid reason to admit the brg. And BRG opportunities exist for most dates around christmas for this hotel.

One of your problems was you tried to use Kayak for your BRG at $53.00. Kayak is notorious for changing the rate first shown to a different rate. That is why I do not compare using KAYAK. Use the website if you want but if Kayak is lower than all the others you can almost bet the rate will increase when you try to book. It has happened to me dozens of times and I even informed Kayak of the problem but they never did anything about it
only shows on expedia.com
Quote: One of your problems was you tried to use Kayak for your BRG at $53.00. Kayak is notorious for changing the rate first shown to a different rate. That is why I do not compare using KAYAK. Use the website if you want but if Kayak is lower than all the others you can almost bet the rate will increase when you try to book. It has happened to me dozens of times and I even informed Kayak of the problem but they never did anything about it
i didn't use kayak. I used hotels.com to claim and i don't know why the cs replied with a "kayak"
Call there CS and ask for supervisor and argue your case. It's worked for me before after having a BRG denied
Quote: Call there CS and ask for supervisor and argue your case. It's worked for me before after having a BRG denied
today received an email saying my brg is approved. They adjusted the price of my booking to $67. Hope i can receive the amex gift card without any problem.
Quote: hilton san diego mission valley on hotels.com and expedia both show $67(free cancel) for 12/25-26 and on hilton.com shows $89. As i see there is solid reason to admit the brg.
(well so now it is so clear hilton did something against my brg)
I am just a newbie and budget traveler and do not want to argue about it again to hilton.
Hilton has gotten better about their BRG, but that doesn't mean they are good yet. If it is a free cancel, then I would go ahead and book on both sites, then file the BRG. It's hard for them to argue the price wasn't available if you actually booked it, and if they do deny the claim, then you can cancel the more expensive Hilton reservation.

Alternatively, if you are willing to give up the $50 gift card, you may have better luck calling the front desk and simply asking them to match it.

Thanks for posting and glad you got the BRG to work finally.
Does one still get points if booking a discounted room like this?
Quote: Does one still get points if booking a discounted room like this?
yes, points on the full rate you pay.