RJ lost my luggage & they don't know where it is

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF GO
Question RJ lost my luggage & they don't know where it is

Hi guys,

I don't know what to do, I'm literally panicking
I arrived to HKG on RJ182 last night, and my luggage didn't arrive with me.
It'd been okay if they had been able to track my luggage's whereabout.
I don't understand why/how this could have happened? Even with the luggage number they still manage to lose my bag?

What's worse is that I've been trying to contact customer support & RJ's baggage service in AMM, and they don't seem to know either. All they could tell me was to be patient. Jardine agency here in HKG filed a missing report last night to both CDG & AMM stations, but apparently non of them have responded.

This really worries me because all my stuff is in my luggage. Now I have to wear the same cloth as I came in. How am I suppose to stay clam not knowing where my luggage is? Am I really hitting a dead end? is there really nothing RJ could do to find my luggage?? I don't even want any compensation, I just want my stuff back
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I hope you made sure you did not leave HKG without the proper lost luggage notification paperwork etc.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
No, your baggage is "delayed."
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
RJ lost my bag in the summer too.

I was going BEY-AMM-KWI-AUH-MLE on RJ/RJ/EY/EY

EY gate agent in KWI said they could not locate the bag, and it was probably left in AMM by RJ.

I arrived in MLE without the bag, and it was nowhere to be found - RJ had no idea why it never made it to KWI. Neither EY or RJ had any idea where the bag is or last was. A message was sent to AMM and KWI stations, and none of them responed, ever.

It showed up 2 days later...

So dont expect RJ to know where your bag is... until it mysteriously shows up.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:42 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
keep receipts for anything that you have to buy.....they may be required to perhaps be reimbursed....your carrier is like all the others, it can take a while....
Old Sep 10, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Kleenlex
Hi guys,

I don't know what to do, I'm literally panicking
I arrived to HKG on RJ182 last night, and my luggage didn't arrive with me.
It'd been okay if they had been able to track my luggage's whereabout.
I don't understand why/how this could have happened? Even with the luggage number they still manage to lose my bag?
You're not the only person in the world who have lost your bag ! It happens to the best of airlines, at the best airports in the world. Things happen and sometimes bags just don't make it. Yes , even with proper luggage tags!

Keep patient, and it will eventually show up.

As always, take it as a lesson learnt to buy travel insurance for delayed luggage. The airline may compensate you for some items, but overall, its best to have an insurance that will cover other costs.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:24 pm

It happens all the time. Usually the more (and shorter) connection you make the more likely it is.
The airline will not know where it is until somebody enters the information about the luggage in their system.
I had this happen to me before. The luggage always showed up after a day or two and often the airline was not able to tell me where it was before it actually showed up.
Just relax. For me it happens in about 1 out of 50 trips - not sure if the odds are 'good' enough to pay for travel insurance vs. just eating up some of the cost of buying some items.
Most airlines are pretty good in reimbursing the cost of essential items including some for new clothes.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for all your comments. It's reassuring to know that at least my bag will eventually show up. I'd had similar experiences with QF & CX in the past, except they were able to locate my bags, and they showed up the next day. This is probably why I've never really thought about buying a travel insurance. But yes I have learned my lesson, I will make sure I do that from now on.

Rankourabu, would it possible for you to share a bit more as to how the bag eventually turned up? did they contact you or anything? or did you try to call their customer support? Many thanks
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Kleenlex

Rankourabu, would it possible for you to share a bit more as to how the bag eventually turned up? did they contact you or anything? or did you try to call their customer support? Many thanks
no, they just called the hotel and said to pick it up. The online worldtracer http://www.worldtracer.com/cgi-bin/f...XXlhXXXXXl1=en was info was never updated, I said, hell no, deliver it. The station manager of EY actually delivered it himself, and gave me $100 cash for inconvenience, saying RJ lost it, tags confirmed that indeed it was them.

I didnt buy anything this time, since the ticket was on points, my AMEX insurance didnt cover it, but three times before I enjoyed a nice $500 shopping spree when my bag got lost courtesy of automatic credit card insurance.

I've been known to check in a half empty bag with non-essentials on tight connections hoping for it to get lost = shopping spree!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: NullPointerException
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I've been known to check in a half empty bag with non-essentials on tight connections hoping for it to get lost = shopping spree!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
That's pathetic.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Hallelujah my bag was found last night and RJ is going to deliver it HKG in time for my bag to get loaded on my flight to AKL on CX107 RJ HKG station manager Brian Chow has been wonderful in assisting me in this matter, so has Jardien agency. I'm very lucky.

I've also realised that my insurance with Vero does cover me in this situation. But I haven't purchased anything yet, because I feel that the whole claiming process is going to be an hassle.

Once again thank you all so much for your comments, it's been reassuring.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
If you are on a business trip check that your company has travel insurance (almost certainly they do). Then knowing the rules go on a shopping spree and charge the insurance company. My experience is that not a lot of employees know this. And often nor does the company HR.

Happened to me flying CX Kul-HKG. I picked up my bag from the airport the next day when checking in for HKG-LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.