DL/KL/LX: ORD-IST $529 (UA match noted)

Subscribe
I was looking for some place to go this December, and by accident found this fare which I thought was a great deal over the holidays:

ORD-IST $529.

Books into all-KLM operated flights, but is also marketed directly on delta.com I suppose you could buy it in either place, but being a Delta PM I hit up delta.com

Sample dates: Out Dec 24th, back Dec 30th.

I don't know if this is really a good deal or not, but as a cheap vacation and what I'm told is a reasonable inexpensive city, it certainly the spot for this years trip.

They are actually fairly good flight departure/arrival times with a 4 hour layover in AMS, too.

It's probably 5.x cents per mile, but I haven't computed the exact mileage.

EDIT: 12/4/2012:

Warning: Take your confirmation # and go to klm.com, click my trips, and check your flights. Make sure all 4 flights are present!

I found out that for some reason, KLM de-ticketed my return flight from Amsterdam to Chicago. I only noticed this because my seat was missing, but upon calling Delta they saw that there was no longer any ticket issued to me for the return segment and had to send it to the international reissues desk for manual override to get a ticket back in place. It was in Delta's system, but not KLMs.

And some ....... snagged my EC bulkhead seat during this mess .
This fare pops up fairly often. There is another similar fare below.
Also saw something a little higher around 600 from IAD in November.
Quote: This fare pops up fairly often. There is another similar fare below.
Where?
It has been widely discussed in a user-hostile thread that makes it impossible for you to read quickly on your google reader (and, yes, I have asked about it, only to be given the run-around)...so this person has no reason NOT to post the deal on its own thread and I for one appreciate it.

Warning-- stop here now if you don't want to read my rant.
It's getting off track but the clumping of various deals in single, much-too-long threads may have seemed like a good idea in 2002 before the invention of the smart phone but this kind of thing just wastes busy people's time and chases more of them over to the blogs that will provide easy feeds. (Sorry for the rant but I just can't stand it when someone is trying to be helpful and posts a deal, and they get back static from another poster of, "Oh that's already posted somewhere else..." On this site, the inevitable result is that some mod will then merge the threads, greatly reducing the readability, timeliness, and usefulness of the MORE TIMELY post by forcing it to be a follow-up to the out-dated post.)

It matters not if a deal is posted in code elsewhere on the site if a person of normal intelligence who has a real job can't find it. This is not a trick or anything that needs to be hidden or buried.

Quote: Where?
Quote: It has been widely discussed in a user-hostile thread that makes it impossible for you to read quickly on your google reader (and, yes, I have asked about it, only to be given the run-around)...so this person has no reason NOT to post the deal on its own thread and I for one appreciate it.

Warning-- stop here now if you don't want to read my rant.
It's getting off track but the clumping of various deals in single, much-too-long threads may have seemed like a good idea in 2002 before the invention of the smart phone but this kind of thing just wastes busy people's time and chases more of them over to the blogs that will provide easy feeds. (Sorry for the rant but I just can't stand it when someone is trying to be helpful and posts a deal, and they get back static from another poster of, "Oh that's already posted somewhere else..." On this site, the inevitable result is that some mod will then merge the threads, greatly reducing the readability, timeliness, and usefulness of the MORE TIMELY post by forcing it to be a follow-up to the out-dated post.)

It matters not if a deal is posted in code elsewhere on the site if a person of normal intelligence who has a real job can't find it. This is not a trick or anything that needs to be hidden or buried.
I agree 100%. FT is a great community, but this very thing is very frustrating. Getting flamed for not being a magical search genius is getting old. It also discourages new users from posting and contributing to the forum. If you haven't been here from from day one, which many have not, then you aren't going to remember the post someone made in 2003, etc.
Well, the thing is it's not in code or in an unwieldy, long thread. It's just scrolled off the front page, but the latest iteration of this deal has been around for about a week:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...available.html
Quote: I agree 100%. FT is a great community, but this very thing is very frustrating. Getting flamed for not being a magical search genius is getting old. It also discourages new users from posting and contributing to the forum. If you haven't been here from from day one, which many have not, then you aren't going to remember the post someone made in 2003, etc.
You summed it up greatly...exactly why this is only my 4th post in 18+ months of being on here.

Back to the topic at hand...I found same day turn in Nov (ord-jfk-ist-jfk-dtw-ord) for $504/11,500MQM/4.4cpeqm on delta
Can't believe that hubby said yes!
Booked Nov 7 - Nov 12 (needed over night on return in ATL). $507 each for hubby and me. Never been there before so very excited. Trying to choose between IST Hilton and DT Old City.
Great time!
Quote: Booked Nov 7 - Nov 12 (needed over night on return in ATL). $507 each for hubby and me. Never been there before so very excited. Trying to choose between IST Hilton and DT Old City.
You will have a great time!
Of the 2 mentioned I recommend DBL Tree in Old Town, nice location to things you'll want to see your first time in IST. It is close to transportation and great service. Location will be closer to most sites you will want to see on your first trip to IST.

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hot...html?WT.srch=1
I wonder if these have anything to do with UA opening their EWR-IST nonstop (and the low-level fare war spirit between UA and DL of late).
Quote: I wonder if these have anything to do with UA opening their EWR-IST nonstop (and the low-level fare war spirit between UA and DL of late).
More likely TK and their dumping of inventory in the market IMO.
Quote: More likely TK and their dumping of inventory in the market IMO.
Thank you. I hadn't noticed, and so will take this as a tip. ^
Outta DEN thru ORD $762 ~6cpm
[not great, not bad either]
Quote: I wonder if these have anything to do with UA opening their EWR-IST nonstop (and the low-level fare war spirit between UA and DL of late).
Just thankful that we could get in on it.