Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: HA only

Subscribe
It works!
I used PRG to get GC. Got reimbursed in 3 days. It coded as Hawaiian Gift, etc, so, I wasn't sure, but yay!
Quote: It didn't work. It's been about 20 days since the purchase with no credit, so I think it's unlikely at this point that anything is going to post. The purchase was coded as "HAWAIIAN GIFTS HAWAIHONOLULU HI" rather than to Hawaiian Airlines directly, so it doesn't look like gift cards count towards the credit.

My guess though is that airfare purchased directly with the airline still might count. I've seen reports on this thread that people were credited with inter-island flight purchases, I wouldn't be surprised if that worked on other routes as well.

Anyway, I'm glad I did this little experiment and was able to add this data point regardless. And now I also have a $200 excuse to go to Hawaii.
I used my Amex platinum to purchase a $50 GC as a test and was reimbursed three days later. I initially purchased the GC, but had forgot to select an airline on the Amex website for the credit and actually did it a day after purchasing the giftcard.
Data point - Used Amex Plat to buy 3 different GCs i.e $50,$100 & $50. All reimbursed within 5 days.
I need to use up my 2015 $100 credit for PRG. Sounds like HA HC works (for some people at least). Is HA GC linked to my HA FF account or just a separate e-mail/physical gift card?

I'd like to use the HA GC to pay for bag fess on a future trip, is that possible? When do HA GC value expire?
Quote: ...use the HA GC to pay for bag fess on a future trip, is that possible?
No:

Quote:
What can't I use my Gift Certificate or Gift Card for?

Your Gift Certificate and Gift Cards will not apply towards baggage fees, fare differences, change fees, upgrades (Extra Comfort and Preferred Seats), Premier Club, Hawaiian Airlines vacation packages, in-flight products/services, miles purchased and other ancillary fees and purchases.
https://www.hawaiianairlines.com/my-...hase/customize
I purchased a $50 GC with Amex Plat on 11/25. No such luck for me Like others, mine came up as HAWAIIAN GIFTS.
Worked!
I did 2 separate purchases using PRG, $50 ea. Took exactly one week to be reimbursed. Was listed as Hawaiian Gifts when purchased.
The reimbursement for a $100 GC hit my PRG, but the 2 x $100 GCs didn't hit my Plat. Any thoughts? I switched to HA for this year for a specific trip and I've now paid for the flight with the GCs and the difference.

The only thing I didn't do was buy the 2 x $100 GCs on my plat on separate transactions.

Is the rule generally not to call Amex about this?
I have the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card. I redeemed Hawaiian miles and used the PRG to pay for the fees. My statement closed on 1/12, and Amex reimbursed the fees - $5.60 x 4.
Quote: I have the Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card. I redeemed Hawaiian miles and used the PRG to pay for the fees. My statement closed on 1/12, and Amex reimbursed the fees - $5.60 x 4.
interesting.. so you had Hawaiian as your selected Airline Credit carrier?
Worked for Amex Plat October 2016
Amex Plat. Bought a $50 gift card online. Showed up on statement as HAWAIIAN GIFTS. Reimbursed as part of the annual $200 airline credit 3 days later.
Quote: Amex Plat. Bought a $50 gift card online. Showed up on statement as HAWAIIAN GIFTS. Reimbursed as part of the annual $200 airline credit 3 days later.
So, are there sufficient enough data points that AmEx plat airline credit can be applied toward HA GC purchase?
Just want to add my experience since there's barely any post on Hawaiian Airlines!

Amex PRG

Hawaiian Airlines 50$ gift card
Posted as "Hawaiian Gifts"
Classified as " Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase"

12/08 Posted
12/10 Reimbursed

And if this helps anyone, I purchased United registry,then called Amex to change my airline to HA before getting reimbursed for United since I thought it doesn't seem to work and I prefer Hawaiian. Ended up getting reimbursed for the United registry too.
Figured I'd add to this as well.

Amex Personal Platinum
12/9/16 - purchased 2 one way tickets, $138, posted as 2 x $69
12/12 - purchased $50 gift card (HAWAIIAN GIFTS, Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Internet Purchase)
12/15 - amex $50 reimbursement shows to have posted 12/14, just showed up

Guessing the $69 won't get credited, if I click on the item in my AMEX account it shows the exact flight information including passenger and info.
AmEx Personal Platinum:

Purchased 2x $100 gift cards on 12/12/16 and it posted as $200 Hawaiian Gifts. I did not get reimbursed. Purchased $50 gift card on 12/14/16 and reimbursement posted on 12/16/16.