National Car Rental added as RR partner

Subscribe
I think it's new that National has been added as an RR partner; I got it in an e-mail, and they still aren't listed on the RR site; they were the notable absence among the big rental companies. There's an introductory offer of triple points for a 3-day rental; I'll put it on the rental car bonus thread.
I'm surprised no one else commented on this. Thanks for posting! I'm doing the 1-2-Free promo now (two rentals = 1 free day) whose value is about equal to the 3600 points that two rentals would earn. Hopefully the triple bonus continues for a while.
I saw this and thought, finally, points from my rental car company.

Downside: It appears you can not double dip. It is either the points or the normal free days, not both. I am not sure about the 1-2-Free promotion which is different from the normal free rental days. Plus it adds on $1 per day, max $5 fee for the points.

And, lest we forget, usually only the first 600 are CPQP.

I tested the code on a sample rental, and it was $6 higher than my typical assigned code on a weekly rental.
Nice to know...but I am going to stick with free rental days + 1,2,free.

I generally use my free days in expensive locations (6 days in Hawaii as we speak). And the 12free days come in very handy. I may consider next year....but think I will stay put for now.
Yeah as long as 1-2-Free is going on, I think that will be the better scenario. At least, for me.
And WN still does not work as a redemption partner when trying to make a reservation as Emerald Club Member on Nationalcar.com BTW 12Free is stackable with the 1800 points promotion.
Is there a way to enter in a discount code in the WN National portal? All I see is the corporate ID and the Emerald number.
I presume this also means double earning for most Southwest cards when paying for National cars (no matter what loyalty program, if any, is used).
For this partnership, is it one of those deals where you have to pick between getting WN points or National credits? I am big into WN and National and want to maximize my points.
Called Southwest and they told me if you have a coupon from National, you have to go to the National website. Guess I can't double dip here.