UACO July consolidated traffic data

Subscribe
Other Flyertalkers are much better at interpreting (and disputing) the traffic data, so I will leave it to the rest of you to make what you will of the data. I saw another article that suggested capacity cuts in all of the major airlines compared to last year, but still it appeared that UACO was lagging behind its competitors for this past July.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/united...20120808-00792
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Continental Airlines reported July on-time performance of 64.1 percent, down 10.2 percentage points, and the airline flight-completion factor edged down 0.6 percentage points to 97.9 percent.

What a joke
IMO, this is the key quote:

Quote:
For July 2012, consolidated passenger revenue per ASM or PRASM, is estimated to have remained flat compared to last year.
Unit revenue remained flat year over year. While bargain-hunters may applaud this, it's a sign that UA contnues to experience difficulty in pushing revenues higher. Perhaps because those willing to pay are looking to other airlines? AA increased its unit revenue by an industry-leading 4.7% in July.
Quote: Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Continental Airlines reported July on-time performance of 64.1 percent, down 10.2 percentage points, and the airline flight-completion factor edged down 0.6 percentage points to 97.9 percent.

What a joke
So this is saying that 35% of flights were delayed and 2% were cancelled?
Quote: So this is saying that 35% of flights were delayed and 2% were cancelled?
Yes..for comparison, here are some other carriers' numbers:

US: 82% on time; 99.1% completion
DL: 80% on time; 99.5% completion
AS: 89% on time

And July PRASM increase comparisons:

AA: +4.7%
DL: +4.5%
WN: +2.0%
US: +1.0%
UA: Flat
Interesting but not surprised.
Quote: Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Continental Airlines reported July on-time performance of 64.1 percent, down 10.2 percentage points...
Continental Airlines?

This will not stand for business travelers. Flip a coin to see if you show up on time...
Quote:
For July 2012, consolidated passenger revenue per ASM or PRASM, is estimated to have remained flat compared to last year.
there's your high-yield exodus.

Quote:
And that's just pathetic.
Quote:
And July PRASM increase comparisons:

AA: +4.7%
DL: +4.5%
WN: +2.0%
US: +1.0%
UA: Flat

Holy moly. I'm starting to get nervous about my mileage balance. If they can't turn this around, this is gonna get ugly.
Quote: Interesting but not surprised.
At least based on my flights in July, I was surprised the ontime rate was so high!
Quote: Continental Airlines reported July on-time performance of 64.1 percent, down 10.2 percentage points, and the airline flight-completion factor edged down 0.6 percentage points to 97.9 percent.

What a joke
That is a truly atrocious number! You had a greater than 1 in 3 chance of being delayed in July. Has an on-time percentage for any carrier ever been this low?
Can we please all wait for a CO apologist to explain to us - in terms we can UNDERSTAND - why this ISN'T bad??

I just don't want my posts to be deleted in advance of an apologist's explanation.

Thank you!!

Dave
Quote: Continental Airlines?

This will not stand for business travelers. Flip a coin to see if you show up on time...
Freudian slip?
Quote: Can we please all wait for a CO apologist to explain to us - in terms we can UNDERSTAND - why this ISN'T bad??

I just don't want my posts to be deleted in advance of an apologist's explanation.

Thank you!!

Dave
You beat me to it! i can't wait to see how they can spin this in Jeffy's favor....
Quote: You beat me to it! i can't wait to see how they can spin this in Jeffy's favor....
Merger related "growing pains" seems to be their go-to line.

And by growing pains they must mean me booking my next trip on WN. Saved myself 40% or ~$300. Thanks for the discount Jeffy!!!