Would United send me my card as soon as I make status?

Subscribe
I'd assume United waits until the end of the year to send status cards, correct?

I ask because I'll be booking flights through LH lounges in December after I cross Prem Exec, but I know lounge dragons may not let me into the lounge without my United card.

Would United ever send me my card as soon as I cross Prem Exec on October so that I could get into the Senator lounge?
They don't wait 'til the end of the year. I'm not making any promises as to exactly how fast you'll get yours though. Mine took a couple of weeks, but that was pre-3/3.

If you log into united.com there's an option to "Print Mileage Plus Card". I can't guarantee it, but with a printed-out *G card plus a boarding pass that says *G you've significantly increased your chances of getting into the Senator Lounge.
Once the status indicates you should be able to print your own card. I wouldn't hold my breath on a new card given they sent us stickers to extend cards, at the beginning of the year.
Quote: I'd assume United waits until the end of the year to send status cards, correct?

I ask because I'll be booking flights through LH lounges in December after I cross Prem Exec, but I know lounge dragons may not let me into the lounge without my United card.

Would United ever send me my card as soon as I cross Prem Exec on October so that I could get into the Senator lounge?
UA is telling customers 6 weeks:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-premier.html

However, it *seems* (so don't hold me to it) that late in the year, there is some point where they stop sending cards for late year qualification. YMMV.
Oh, wow. That's surprising. I figured they would wait until the year's end in order to see where you end up. Since I'll be booking to make premier platinum by the end of the year, I'm happy to see that I'll hopefully get a card regardless. At least I can print one.

Thanks everyone!
Believe it or not, 18 years of being a 1K and NEVER got my card before March and at lest 3 calls........till this year, got my card the 3rd week in January. I know that's not the norm but for me, a change I like

I know others will disagree or have other experiences npbut with LH, I have NEVER had to show my card. I make sure my BP says *G and that's all I have needed
Quote: Believe it or not, 18 years of being a 1K and NEVER got my card before March and at lest 3 calls........till this year, got my card the 3rd week in January. I know that's not the norm but for me, a change I like

I know others will disagree or have other experiences npbut with LH, I have NEVER had to show my card. I make sure my BP says *G and that's all I have needed
+1

They scan the BP and that's it.
Quote: Believe it or not, 18 years of being a 1K and NEVER got my card before March and at lest 3 calls........till this year, got my card the 3rd week in January. I know that's not the norm but for me, a change I like

Last month, the LH dragon at a Senator/1st Class lounge (by gate B63?) scanned my BP, but still asked to see the card. She said okay, go ahead after looking at the card for 3 seconds.

Also, I went from Gold->Platinum a few months back and received a new card and package with baggage tags and drink chits in 2-3 weeks or so.
Was in Munich. visited the Senator lounge. didn't receive my Star Gold card yet but my BP showed Star Gold. printed my US card from the site, as I forgot to bring it with me. both printed card and BP showed Star Gold and was let in to Senator lounge.
Well this year I did not get any cards until June...and got 4 packs.
I just made 1k last week, we'll see when they send me the card.
Made gold 4 weeks ago and just received new card today w/luggage tag.
8 weeks to get Gold card?
I qualified for Gold 4 weeks ago and have not received my card. I would like to receive it, as I am traveling to India (with a companion) and would like to be able to use the Lufthansa lounges on the layover.

I just talked to customer service, who said it would take 8 weeks to receive the card. This seems like an extraordinarily long time. I asked if there was any way to expedite and they said no.

Their suggestion was to print a temporary card online. Any success having this work in Lufthansa's lounges?
8 weeks to get Gold card?
It was reported here numerous times that it's hit or miss. Whenever I travel via FRA I am being asked for card even thou it shows my status on the boarding pass.
Sign in and go to "MY ACCOUNTS" 3rd one down below the sideways thermometer is "Print Duplicate MileagePlus Card".

Hope it works for you!