Pre Check status impacted by Middle East travel?

Subscribe
I have been using pre check as a diamond flyer on DL since the program's inception and have been using GE since it's inception. Since receiving the coveted three beeps for the first time a year or so ago, I have never failed to get them again. However, I recently travelled to Dubai for business and I have been denied pre check for every flight I have taken since. Am I now a "risk" because I have been to the Middle East? Anyone else have an issue like this?
I traveled to Dubai and other parts of the ME before I got Global Entry and before precheck existed. I've gotten the 3 beeps once, but have only traveled out of a precheck airport once since activating it. Never gotten the 3 beeps at non-precheck airports, despite other posters here indicating they do.
I thought that Pre-Check is not available to those who have international travel (and any connecting portion thereof).
There have been some recent successes with international connecting flights - to Japan and the UK I believe - but I don't know if those are special case errors. As a general and published rule, you only are eligible for Precheck on domestic itineraries or on the domestic legs returning from an international itinerary. From what I understand, there are heuristics that are applied to your itinerary for that day and what is known about the people on the plane, including about you. Some things work in your favor, and others don't. The flight is 'scored' according to these factors, and this determines whether or not you clear Precheck.

I'm 3/3 with Precheck, and my mobile boarding passes have been getting the triple beep at PIT when I've used them. I have also flown in/out of the Middle East, and I doubt this has any bearing on the fact you're not clearing for Precheck. However, since PIT does not yet have Precheck, I'm still subject to the shoe carnival opt-out adventure until PIT comes onboard with Precheck later this year.
Quote: I thought that Pre-Check is not available to those who have international travel (and any connecting portion thereof).
I read the OP's question as "does the fact that I have traveled to the ME in the past cancel my ability to get precheck on future domestic itineraries?"

Are you and the poster above me saying precheck is not available on any itinerary that includes international travel, even on domestic portions? (Sorry if this is a noob question... still trying to figure out precheck and its nuances.)
Quote: Are you and the poster above me saying precheck is not available on any itinerary that includes international travel, even on domestic portions? (Sorry if this is a noob question... still trying to figure out precheck and its nuances.)
When it was piloted, PreCheck was explicitly not available for any portion of an itinerary with an international component. That seems to have been relaxed somewhat, though it appears that you are still substantially less likely to get PreCheck for the domestic portions of an international itinerary than for a purely domestic itinerary. TSA has stated that North American and Caribbean itineraries will eventually qualify for PreCheck, though they have not revealed a specific timeline.
Quote: Are you and the poster above me saying precheck is not available on any itinerary that includes international travel, even on domestic portions? (Sorry if this is a noob question... still trying to figure out precheck and its nuances.)
I am certainly saying exactly that.
Quote: ... it appears that you are still substantially less likely to get PreCheck for the domestic portions of an international itinerary than for a purely domestic itinerary. TSA has stated that North American and Caribbean itineraries will eventually qualify for PreCheck, though they have not revealed a specific timeline.
Quote: I am certainly saying exactly that.
Interesting -- Good info. Definitely hoping the scope of precheck expands, but it's nice to know not to expect it on intl itineraries for the foreseeable future.