MR Bonus Points - S&T Expo Signup?

Subscribe
So I was checking my balances on AwardWallet today and I saw that my MR balance increased by 5k. I just cancelled my PRG and haven't spent anything on my other MR earning cards, so I'm not sure what this 5k bonus labeled S&T Expo Signup is. I did a search which turned up an 8 yr old thread and something about it being for the pay over time option, but it has been months since I did that and AMEX supposedly denied me the points. I also sent out referral links for my Platinum card when I had it, but once again, that was months ago (Jan I think). Does anyone know what these points might be for?
Quote: ... being for the pay over time option, but it has been months since I did that and AMEX supposedly denied me the points.
I think you have answered your own question. There are a periodic reports of cardholders receiving bonuses which were "denied". The discrepancy between policy and practice at American Express is legendary .
I have the same line item... it's the pay over time bonus.
I'm happy to report that both the misses and I got 10k for Plat and 5k for PRGold.
Yup, I noticed the mystery 5,000 points today as well. Thing is, I did receive the 10K points for signing up for Expo last year sometime. Well, let's saying I'm not complaining.
Wow. I signed up for this last year and forgot about it. Just checked, and it appeared for me this week too. Thanks for the explanation, mia. I had thought that might be the referral bonus for signing up a friend for the Amex PRG. I guess that one's still coming.
Quote: I have the same line item... it's the pay over time bonus.
I'm happy to report that both the misses and I got 10k for Plat and 5k for PRGold.
I'm in the same boat